Nintendo DS

The Damned

no actually most of the companies that make awesome games and go out of business are because nobody buys the games at all because people are too busy playing fucking halo and pokemon

WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY BUY PSYCHONAUTS GOD DAMN

More like

WHY COULDN'T I FIND A COPY OF PSYCHONAUTS GOD DAMN

I bet the retail fuckers at the time hid their copies behind "barbie's horse riding adventures" and other shit shovelware...

In fact ever since that day, whenever I'm search for a title in a retail shop, I ALWAYS look past what I see first in case I missed it. Not to mention shove the shitware behind the actually GOOD games for the good of gamers in my area...

no actually most of the companies that make awesome games and go out of business are because nobody buys the games at all because people are too busy playing fucking halo and pokemon

WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY BUY PSYCHONAUTS GOD DAMN

There was never the love for Raz that there should've been.

I want a 2D platforming version for the DS.

I must speak with friends who can make this happen.

http://kotaku.com/5057870/nintendo-announce-new-ds-the-nintendo-dsi

SD slot, camera, MP3 player, no GBA slot.

Hm.

Launches November 1st according to the pic.

I'm not getting one. Even if I hadn't just preordered a Pandora, I wouldn't replace my Lite with a DSi.

GBA games are *still* being developed! I wouldn't call this an upgrade over a lite; it's more of a sidegrade.

Edit: Also, what about things like the Opera browser, or the Guitar Hero DS game, which need something inserted into the GBA slot? Or pokemon imports? Or that rumble pak? There are plenty of DS games that use the GBA slot.

I'm not getting one. Even if I hadn't just preordered a Pandora, I wouldn't replace my Lite with a DSi.

GBA games are *still* being developed! I wouldn't call this an upgrade over a lite; it's more of a sidegrade.

Edit: Also, what about things like the Opera browser, or the Guitar Hero DS game, which need something inserted into the GBA slot? Or pokemon imports? Or that rumble pak? There are plenty of DS games that use the GBA slot.

It's supposedly not supposed to "replace" the DS Lite. It's a third tier. HAY, REMEMBER WHAT NINTENDO ORIGINALLY SAID ABOUT THE DS? AND THEN THEY KILLED GAME BOY.

I honestly see no point with the new version. It's like they're making it for the hell of it and not because they need to get anything accomplished. And a bit disappointing that the top screen isn't touch-sensitive like rumored.

Are they feeling threatened by the iPhone or what? DSi? Come on...

Yeah, personally I don't understand taking away desirable functionality and replacing it with not-so-desirable functionality, unless there's a whole new DS demographic out there that I'm not aware of.

I use the GBA slot for all kinds of games, so it's pretty ridiculous that they're doing this. I think they're only going to confuse average consumers, especially those who buy games that require the GBA slot.

I'm also tired of seeing Nintendo jump on various bandwagons, almost reluctantly, then doing a half-assed job with things. I'm talking peripherals, online functionality, whatever.

I could see myself buying a DSi at some point in the future, since I still have my original brick DS. But the people who bought the DS Lite are getting royally screwed over.

In general though, this hardware revision nonsense needs to stop. How many versions of each system do we have?

DS- 3

PSP- 3

PS3- 5

360- 4

I think I'm off by a few, but this is just getting out of hand.

It's supposedly not supposed to "replace" the DS Lite. It's a third tier. HAY, REMEMBER WHAT NINTENDO ORIGINALLY SAID ABOUT THE DS? AND THEN THEY KILLED GAME BOY.

don't worry!

by 2015, it will have gone full circle and we'll have the Gameboy, one with a 6 inch high definition screen that folds upon itself,

full control set up with a b x y left and right triggers,

two telescoping analog sticks and a regular awesome directional pad. and games that run at wii+ quality.

you may wonder why they just rerelease the same thing over and over. its that they are biding their time,

and waiting for the right time to strike amazing-ness on the people of the world.

Also, what about things like the Opera browser, or the Guitar Hero DS game, which need something inserted into the GBA slot? Or pokemon imports? Or that rumble pak? There are plenty of DS games that use the GBA slot.

Is it so hard to believe that some people would rather get a bigger screen, smaller form-factor, music player, camera, and DSiWare than the ability to import their Pokemon? It's the same type of deal as the GBA Micro, which didn't do that well, but it still had a niche market.

GBA games are still in develpment but are so few and far btween that it doesn't matter much to Nintendo anymore it seems. The DS is their main platform and want to focus on improving it. Yea it cripples some game but honestly the GB Micro was a much better GBA player. The Opera browser won't be missed much seeing as DSi has a built in one. People with pokemon imports should already have an old DS to use. By the way the DS games have been selling I am sure everyone who wanted to import their GBA pokemon have done so already.

GBA games are still in develpment but are so few and far btween that it doesn't matter much to Nintendo anymore it seems. The DS is their main platform and want to focus on improving it. Yea it cripples some game but honestly the GB Micro was a much better GBA player. The Opera browser won't be missed much seeing as DSi has a built in one. People with pokemon imports should already have an old DS to use. By the way the DS games have been selling I am sure everyone who wanted to import their GBA pokemon have done so already.

According to the DS/Wii/GBA portal gbatemp.net a new GBA game hasn't been released since April.

TWEWY was amazing. Easily breaks into my top 3 DS games, behind Elite Beat Agents. I'm going to pick up the players guide sometime to help me finish the "game after the game." I highly recommend it to all hardcore gamers, yet I'd tell casual gamers to stay far away because it's too hard and too different for the average gamer. "NEO-TOKYO WTF?"

By all means don't. Reccommend it to ANY gamer, or just about anyone who owns a DS. I'd only heard about it recently when i seen a Wikia portal about it and thought, "Right, this is the same team that done the Kingdom Hearts GBA game (which i don't have myself, but a few friends thought it was great), and Tetsuya Nomura done the characters, so why not?" and proceeded to order it off Amazon. Mainly because none of the game shops around here had actually heard of it.

So yeah, i thought it was a great game. It made me stop playing FF4. I'm still playing it, trying to get all the pin drops on all difficulties and all the secret reports, but it's a great gaming experience and I don't have a bad word to say about it (except the sometimes misreading touch commands). If you really enjoyed Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and are into any S-E titles at all, you will definitely enjoy it.

• 1 month later...