Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History

Black_Doom

We're getiing closer to the final deadline!!! Today is exactly one month until the final deadline, so I think it's necessary to post a sort of reminder here. The last deadline was about 2 weeks ago, and so far I've got 5 WiPs, and some promises to send something really soon, but I've got no news/updates from @zykO @wildfire @Audiocolor @Lucasonic @Tuberz McGee Please, don't let me & Jorito down and try to contact us ASAP! 

So I'm trying to finish the Sonic 1 title/invincibility remix I'm making for the album. Because the 'Sega' voice intro is so prominent, I decided to add it, but give it my own spin. I thought it'd be cool to have multiple voices 'sing' this part to achieve a kind of choir effect in stead of just me and my bad singing voice. Here's a preview: http://www.jorito.net/files/sega/sega_full.mp3

So... anyone around willing & able to record his/her voice for a Sega choir like intro? You can find the 4 stems here: http://www.jorito.net/files/sega/.

Hey, I know it's REALLY late, but my Coral Caves (from Sonic Rush Adventure) remix has been in the almost finished zone for months, and it's just mixing related polish left.

I'll be able to finish it up and submit, but I'm not extremely proud of it as it's not reflective of my current standards, as it's rather outdated. So here's a call out to anyone who might be willing to collaborate and help improve/redux the track! :) Right now, it's in an oldschool trance kinda style. If interested, do tell me as soon as possible. 

There's 1 week to go for the final deadline, and we've seen quite a bit of progress towards finishing the album. We've received a cool new WIP from WillRock, near finished versions of the tracks from Eino Keskitalo, Tuberz McGee and Sterlyng Powell and some good progress on my own title theme remix. We expect to see plenty of updates in the coming few days, so keep 'em coming!

Also a friendly reminder to send in some track notes and sign the consent form when you submit your final mix. Looking forward to your final submissions and (hopefully soon) a release of a great new album!

19 hours ago, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

I just gave Jorito my final horn tracks - please blame any and all lag on me.  This month has been nuts.

It was worth the wait though! Did some work on it tonight and with a bit of polish it's gonna be a fab (and slightly eggcentric) album opener!

(See what I did there? An intentional Sonc inspired pun!)

Sup, folks! Today is actually the final deadline, hope you remember about it, because I expect to recieve a lot of finished tracks today, haha. However, if you're sure you can't send it today, you can do it until 7/11. Please, don't forget to let us know about it! This is gonna be the REAL final deadline, so if you don't send a finished track by this date, your track will certainly not appear in this album. I won't accept it even if you're just a bit late or your track is 99,99% ready, but you need to make a couple of last touches or something like that, you get it. Yes, I decided to be strict about it this time, because I'm tired of endless waiting and just not realising the album. Also, if you want a bit of hype, be sure to check out the very first post of this thead ;) You may find something very interesting, I promise!

In other news, as a co-director I have had the privilege to listen to a lot of the tracks already (I was actually adding director comments today), and I must say it's gonna be a pretty darn cool album! So don't disappoint Black_Doom and me and all the Sonic lovers out there and make sure you finish in time because it'd be a shame to miss out!

That looks good, that there on the front page. There's an album's length of finished tracks already, but I sure hope the rest of it is going to get done too!

On minor point: the correct way to spell my track's title is "Siilin melankolia", i.e. the second word isn't capitalized. That's a difference how titles are spelled in Finnish vs. (at least) English.

Quite a bit of activity the past few days, so I thought it'd be good to share some updates.

The tracks by DusK, Tuberz McGee and Jorito (yep, me) are basically fully done (if we all can get over the never ending last nitpicks we obsess over :P) So that's 3 tracks that I would consider finished.

Furthermore, Audiocolor updated his track and it's also very near final. Same goes for WillRock. Chernabogue is waiting for recordings of his army of guitarists, bassists and sax players and by the looks of it he'll be in time for the deadline. KingTiger received his guitar recordings too, and also things have settled down for him somewhat so that he can get his track in better shape.

We're still waiting to hear back from @zykO, @Lucasonic and @Bowlerhat, hope their tracks are still on schedule and going well :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic