OCR02898 - Chrono Trigger 'Lost in Time'

The saxophone is indeed nice. The entire arrangement stands out to me as being quite beautiful, though. It has a calm, almost mystical feel to it. This is a very nice mix!

Side note: I previewed on Youtube first, and I think there might be something wrong with the version there. Around the piano solo segment there was a lot of "fuzzing" and the song occasionally dropped out entirely.

The saxophone is indeed nice. The entire arrangement stands out to me as being quite beautiful, though. It has a calm, almost mystical feel to it. This is a very nice mix!

Side note: I previewed on Youtube first, and I think there might be something wrong with the version there. Around the piano solo segment there was a lot of "fuzzing" and the song occasionally dropped out entirely.

The fuzzing should be in the original song too. It was something with my Piano sample that would happen if it were to hold onto the notes for too long. I EQ'd as much as I could out but it's still noticeable. Not sure about the dropping out, though.

I do wish I could re-do the drums on this one now. They'd be like, 1000x better.

Thanks for all the comments ya'll. I knew people would love XPRTNovice's saxiness. : D I'm actually surprised that people liked the piano stuff seeing the flack it got from some of the judges. I personally enjoyed it myself, and was hoping everyone else would : D

Nice work! Clannad has some very good music and I hope it influences more mixes.

I requested someone actually make a Clannad remix a while back, seeing as pretty much the whole soundtrack (OP and ED included) comes from the game that it was based off of.

I don't like I"m cool enough to touch something like Dango Daikazoku. Yet.

Edited by urdailywater
more stuff

That's an incredibly sexy sax we have going on in this ReMix. Honestly, I liked the piano myself, but I could understand where the judges were coming from with their critiques. Matter of taste, I guess. For a source (or two, or an entire game for that matter) that has been done an awful lot, it's still great to hear a nice, new arrangement from other ReMixers. Good stuff, guys.

Yeah, I remember this from the Workshop forums, it's nice to see it posted now! With even all the tasty sax in there, my favourite part is 1:23-1:40.. the bells sound so very good there, I'm not sure if the (lovely) clock sample from the beginning is there in the background, but it works very well with the clock motif.

Edited by evktalo