OCR02946 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Face Your Nightmares'

Liontamer

Damn, some crazy development in this! It sounds like swung jazz for a while, but then adds a little string staccato and E. Piano here and there, goes through a dissonant battle-like phase (in a good way) about 1/3 of the way through, then goes back to its jazzy self about 2/3 of the way through, mixing in the strings again and a little E. Piano as well for the ending. Recommended!

Damn, some crazy development in this! It sounds like swung jazz for a while, but then adds a little string staccato and E. Piano here and there, goes through a dissonant battle-like phase (in a good way) about 1/3 of the way through, then goes back to its jazzy self about 2/3 of the way through, mixing in the strings again and a little E. Piano as well for the ending. Recommended!

Did you mistake this mix and Rexy's mix? You said hers was chiptune and this was jazzy with strings and ePiano :-P

Chiptune at it's finest, honestly. This is a great mixing of sources into one cohesive piece that I'm sure many Zelda fans will enjoy. Chiptune, Zelda, great arrangement and production. At the end of the day, it's an all around sweet addition to the album and Hylian Lemon has shown once again that he can bring it. Cool stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So happy at the effort put into this mix. You can tell someone cared about the source here; it's handled with reverence and the remix highlights it and takes it in great directions without burying it and leaving it behind. Good word, I can't believe how well that jaunty opening meshes so well with that swirling melody from the Face Shrine (one of my favorite tunes from one of my favorite games), and the work done with it around 0:55 is special. The transition into the Shadow Battles is so disarmingly simple I had to listen twice to find it, and the mix of Face Shrine/Ballad of the Wind Fish works so well at 2:25-2:45 I was shaking my head. The only recommendation I would make is ending the song one or two notes earlier in that trail-off - if you do so, it's almost like it's leading into the beginning of the song again - which is no problem to hear again by my reckoning!

You've done an honor to a great game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...