OCR00543 - Golden Axe "Golden Axe 2002"

orkybash

Golden Axe 'Golden Axe 2002'

This one could use some major EQ work, especially in the intro - sounds to me like higher frequencies are almost nonexistent! I also detected some clipping, which got annoying. Still, this is a very enjoyable remix - actually sounds like some of djp's stuff in terms of style. I would definitely recommend this, but tell Jose Acosta to get into the processing end of things first!

• 5 months later...

Great selection, by Jose, the man with the silver beast (triton). It's a shame this rearranger hasn't submitted new work lately, as his stuff is always a good and enjoyable listen. This mix is no different. I think the reverb is at times a bit too much for this genre. Still, a definitely good mix to add to one's collection.

I wish this guy would mix some more stuff. :idea: A definite download.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very enjoyable, i used to play Golden Axe quite abit on the old MegaDrive but unfortunately i sold the game like a dumbass. I remember riding the giant lizards, the skeletons rising from the cobbled ground and the endless amount of magic that Flare had! This brings back memories and very pleasant one's. Good drumbeat all the way through, not too keen on the intro however. The techno introduction along with the similar GA soundtrack with drumbeat its pretty neat. I like the point at about 1:35 and at the end where it sounds like a giant gong - very nice touch.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The intro was super muddy, but it did open up nicely into an upbeat synth rock piece. I agree with an earlier comment that this would fit in well at a football game. It doesn't deviate from the original very much struturally, but it is the perfect length, and the dramatic conclusionfits very well. I'd have prefered some higher quality synths, because the arrangement is great, but for what it is, it's an enjoyable piece of music.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The intro is ghastly, but what springs out of it is definately djpretzel-like in terms of quality and sound (at the time). It's not quite as complex arrangement-wise as it probably could have been, but what's here is kinetic and lively enough to get me into it.

With a mix like this, I'm really not fussed on synth samples and all that jazz; all I care about is if it does anything interesting and if it stays interesting. And it does both.

Strong tune + strong electronica = double strength! A broad, simple yet valuable mix.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There should be more Golden Axe remixes. This isn't a bad remix, though it does feel a little bit like the original with some frilly bits and a bigger beat added. Enjoyable, but I feel its only because of the original source being so strong. This is a source that has much more potential. With this being from 2002 I'm probably just being far too demanding, but with more variation in the build and pace would go far.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00543 - Golden Axe "Golden Axe 2002"