BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

ah geez, I just remembered that Big Bad Baby Bowser from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island would have made one hell of a remix.

I could totally picture that with dual wailing guitars, rapid slap bass, a cool hammond organ, and high speed drums. Maybe it's a good idea for volume 2 :lol:

I'll definetly second that. That would be an awesome ReMix.

I'll third that, definitely. That was the first song I looked for when I joined OCR, and I've been wanting a mix of it ever since.

Well, now, lets not get carried away :roll: . Don't forget that no characters in this album will be in the next one. Anything done with Bowser, for example, has to be done now.

I did think of fronting it off with Majora's Mask, which I have recently developed an obsession with. I don't know, it's just very... interesting. Anyone else have that? Great game, very mysterious, very engrossing gameplay. Something about it just gets your stare, pulls you down into a blackness you can't break away from...

...huh? Where'd I just go?

ed]Well, now, lets not get carried away :roll: . Don't forget that no characters in this album will be in the next one. Anything done with Bowser, for example, has to be done now.

I did think of fronting it off with Majora's Mask, which I have recently developed an obsession with. I don't know, it's just very... interesting. Anyone else have that? Great game, very mysterious, very engrossing gameplay. Something about it just gets your stare, pulls you down into a blackness you can't break away from...

...huh? Where'd I just go?

Well I have it (not on emulator mind you, good old N64 is the way to go! :lol: ), and In My Very Humble Opinion Majora's Mask was a BIT inferior compared to Ocarina Of Time. Yes, Majora was extremely cool, with all the transforming and time travel, but there's definitely a reason Ocarina Of Time at one point was elected best 3d game ever. I didn't for example like the fact Majora's mask only contained 4 bosses (5 counting the final one), compared to the 8 (or how much were there?) in OoT.

Anyway, the blackness you were talking about, I get that with all the zelda games, that's a natural reaction of a human being playing a zelda game :lol:

ed]

Does anyone here (or anyone you know) have any connections at deviantArt, or a similar site that could set up the album covers and website when the time comes?

I seemed to have missed this for some reason. if your still looking for someone with strong connections with deviantArt artists, I could be your man. I know quite alot of people with great skill who may be willing to help. I'll ask around tommorow

I definately get that with Majora's mask. Sure OoT was better in most ways, but MM carried a serious mood with it. Everything was just so dark and gloomy. It captured in the majority of the game what OoT had at only a few parts, like the shadow temple, dark hyrule, and then the battle with ganon (probably a few more I didn't think of). I mean, it was just a mask, and the last fights were pretty dumb in MM, and yet I absolutely love majora for seemingly no reason. I really think it was the mood that set it apart. And naturally, mood is all set up by the music >:D

Sorry for the rant, but I was surprised to find someone else to describe a similar opinion on the game:)

(Sheesh, first post after the art is put up, and no comment?)

Completely agree, though. Video "games" aren't just so. One like Majora's Mask, it makes you feel. While the story was not as much so as OoT, its the uniqueness that sets it apart. The time travel, the individual stories for each character, and so much more.

It's not just another game. It's art, possibly more than a game with pretty graphics, or great story, but because the story it told was interactive. No true set tracks to follow. But at the same time, there were the bosses. It's the in-depth "everything"-ness that I love.

And the mood, of course :wink:

I came to post my WIP and - Rapidshare's full!!!

Weird.

Anyway, I will scan for another host when I get back from work (gotta go soon) and post the link in the appropriate places.

Which leads me to my first question; should I post the link here, the project's own forum plus OCRWIP forum? Please clarify.

Plus initial art sketches there look mint, but of course need more doing before I can truly comment.

See y'all in about 10 hours.

You can post your WIP here I guess. Good to see that even the people that don't post frequently are working hard, I'm looking forward to hearing your WIP :wink:

Oh and the art looks definitely good, I can totally picture Sephiroth headbanging with hair like that :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more detailed sketches.

It would actually be pretty funny to see Sephiroth wearing tight leather pants, so maybe that's an idea you can incorporate to give him the true Heavy Metal look :wink:

Tight leather pants? I dunno. And the cool thing is, when the art is more done, all of it goes over to the private forums.

But, yeah. He said he's working on Magus next. I said "Waittaminute, cause we might be joining the lavos/magus tracks.". See, Lavos is the real final boss, besides that, that dewcandy hasnt shown once (Although Kanjika himself is barely better :? )

Its a little too light right now. Some of it sounds like you could go down a really erratic, crazy path if you do it right. Frantic, sorta ants-in-Ganon's-pants. Or something, I just think at it's current state, it could serve to be a bit darker. Good so far, but needs the work. I understand that you have a whole bunch of other projects to work on, so I guess I can provide some leeway somewhere down the line, if things crap up on you, schedule-wise.

ed]Err... what?

Snow Bros... isn't on the project, nor have I ever even heard of the game. I'd say I would let you pick a current track, or consider the game for the next project, but I can't even open up that .rar you have there. How'd you load that?

WinRAR, or if you're hardcore (and open source) like me, then you'd use IZArc

Rapidshare still full and I have no time to locate another free host so any suggestions would be good - (failing that, the weekend is nearly upon us)

Well I do have my own webspace, so if you mail it to me or send it to me through MSN or something I can put it up for you. And there are tons of other free sites, which I just don't know

On another note: Pi, could you update the first post? I think you should put a link to the private forums there and perhaps a progress list (which song has a wip, where is it and when was it last updated. Perhaps even how far it's completed). Just some thoughts

It's probably just my ignorance for not playing the games enough, but who the hell is "Liquid Ocelot"?? I only know of Revolver "Ocelot" and "Liquid" Snake. I'm I missing something?

If this has already been asked in the previous posts, please excuse me. I really didn't want to hunt through all 36 pages :).

Liquid Ocelot is what happens when Liqiud Snake Dies and Revolver Ocelot gets Liquid's arm transpalnted and somehow Liquid Snake can control Ocelot at certian times. I may be a bit inacurate, as I get most of my info from Wiki.

OK, here's the deal. A lot of us are on differing time zones, so Ill explain it the best I can. For me, it's noon, Friday right now. I wont be back until late Saturday, a little over 24 hours. So, Ill try to get as much work in as I can within the next hour or so.

-Updating the main post

-Liquid Ocelot; If no one claims him soon, I'll replace him and maybe add two or three bosses to the list up there. No one has yet even brought him up.

-Err... thats it, I guess.

Later, dudes.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History