OCR03205 - Final Fantasy IX "Late Night Lindblum"

Liontamer

Tremendously fun! The mix does come across as two separate efforts, but it is kind of fascinating how well they work together; the second part is smoother but not as rocking, while the first is absolutely kicking but doesn't have the suave-ness of the latter. Combined, you have it all. Great stuff!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Electronic funk in a medevil-esq town. And I can see why people would make the “two tracks in one” comparison. And yeah it does sound like there is a genre switch midway through, or rather near the end. But the way it transitions to that last part is so smooth, it just evolves from the first part without the switch being super drastic. I just wish that second part wasn’t so short.

• 1 year later...

Hyped up nightclub with a sick beat that transitions into a more jazzy sound near the end, that is the kind of city I want to go to. That was fantastic, especially with how seamless the transition was. I was expecting the transition from the write-up, and it still happened without being abrupt or messing with the flow of the ReMix, so I'm definitely a fan of how well you handled something that could have easily been trickier for other artists. I do wish the jazzier bit of the mix at the end lasted a little longer, but really, the writing, arrangement and production was great, so no real complaints here. Awesome synth work and tasteful use of the glitches at times. This is definitely going in my playlist for being a good combo of two of my favorite genres. Love this!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03205 - Final Fantasy IX "Late Night Lindblum"
  • 5 years later...