Sign in to follow this  
Liontamer

OCR03241 - Final Fantasy VII "Honour, Pride, Green Tea"

8 posts in this topic

DUDE CALLUM!!!!!!111! yissssss congrats on your 1st solo mixpost!!

This seriously is really good, and not what I expected from you (but seriously you're always surprising me, so I shouldn't be surprised :P). Mixed well, sequenced well, the mood is frekking fantastic. Grood Jorb D00D!

I like this! An original take on a familiar source, and I have to admit some admiration for how you found an instrument selection that seems to enhance the feel of what was already there. At parts it really reminds me of Okami, which is a very good thing. The mix starts pretty close to the vest, but 2:15-3:15 really shows some flair and some nice overlaying of melody and harmonies. No idea what Tuberz was going on about, unless they're trolling - this is a really good piece and even more impressive as a debut!

Well done!

Man, this is pretty sweet dude.

I can distinctly remember playing this whole segment in Final Fantasy VII, and it's cool how close you kept it to the original, while giving it a little more oriental flare. Congrats on getting your first solo post on OCR!

P.S. Happy belated birthday!

This is really cool! I liked the original enough as it was (especially the remastered Native American sounding version), but giving it this Oriental makeover was fun to hear because I'm also a huge fan of this kind of arrangement style and Eastern instruments. Sounds elegant and comfortably soothing, a fantastic solo ReMix indeed. This one really made me smile.