Sony PS3

Bigfoot

I want to play Metal Gear Solid 4.

Damn, I want to play this almost or as much as Twilight Princess.

OH yeah..... I just finished all of the mgs games (not acid or the gb) man there way awsome....

but to play mgs4... its gonna be expensive... a $600 game.... wow... but its almost worth it

I saw a PS3 at the Leipzig Games Convention and I must say... it is even more humongously huge than I imagined.

Put two original PS2 units next to each other and one slimline PS2 on top and you've basically got the PS3.

And you can't even use it as some kind of expensive noisy coffee table because it has a curved surface.

...the games do look quite impressive though!

In Canada, the XBOX 360 had a launch price of 500$. Add the 200$ HD-DVD player and its 700$

PS3 will launch at 659$, which is almost half the price of the current blu-ray players, and the same price as the current HD-DVD players.

But yeah, the launch title don't seem so impressive, and since it's a new technology and all, it would probably be wise to wait a couple of months to see if everything is working properly.

I have confidence that the PS3 will, ultimately, be worth it.

PS3 is worth it if you were going to get a blu ray player, but if you weren't...$600 is too much. Especially when there are so many cross platform games.

I don't see the fact that PS3 has blu ray being as much as a factor as DVD was for the PS2. DVD's were substantially better than VHS, plus everyone had a TV that would play DVD's. Blu Ray/ HD DVD basically just look better, and this is only if you have an HD TV which everybody doesn't. There's almost no reason to get blu ray unless you have an HD TV.

Bah, if you want to swing your storage ePenis, wait a couple more years for HVDs to come out. With 100+GB per layer, you'd be able to get a lot more bang for your buck.

The sweet spot for HDTV is 720p. You get HD quality, without using as much storage space, and you don't go about wasting what almost a full 1/3 of HDTV owners have as their maximum.

And I still laugh at the laughably long loading times the PS3 will have. Trying to pump 4+ times the data, through something running as fast as a 4x DVD drive(2x BD-ROM=4x DVD-ROM stream speeds), when the PS2 had a 2x DVD drive in it. That means you'll be looking at no less than double the loading times.

And then, there's the latest coming from sony, in what the PS3's slogan is. "This is living". So, apparently the PS3 is no longer a game console, or an entertainment node, or even a home appliance. The PS3 has become a lifestyle, in and of itself. :P

01c.jpg

PS3 is worth it if you were going to get a blu ray player, but if you weren't...$600 is too much. Especially when there are so many cross platform games.

I don't see the fact that PS3 has blu ray being as much as a factor as DVD was for the PS2. DVD's were substantially better than VHS, plus everyone had a TV that would play DVD's. Blu Ray/ HD DVD basically just look better, and this is only if you have an HD TV which everybody doesn't. There's almost no reason to get blu ray unless you have an HD TV.

Yep, I think Sony is forgetting how large the jump was from VHS to DVD as opposed to DVD to blu-ray. Otherwise, what they're doing would make good sense.

Looked for a PS3 thread to post in.

No PAL PS3 till March 07.

Will Nintendo take advantage of this opportunity? Or will us Europeans/Australians get completely shafted?

What the fuck are these guys doing?! They're practically surrendering the Euro/Australian market to Nintendo and Microsoft!! Christmas is a huge time for freshly-launched consoles and they just give it up, possibly making way for a very stable Wii launch? Goddamned retards! ARGH! In essence, this only pisses me off because it'll take even longer for me to be able to afford a PS3, but also because competivity may go down. What have you done sony?...

Will Nintendo take advantage of this opportunity? Or will us Europeans/Australians get completely shafted?

400k Consoles for the US,100k for Japan.

So..in other words:

Europe is getting the shaft,

Sony's trying to go head on with the Xbox360's earlier release and the excitement for the Nintendo Wii.

And Sony basicly handed Nintendo Japans Market.

Yep,They're fucked.

400k Consoles for the US,100k for Japan.

So..in other words:

Europe is getting the shaft,

Sony's trying to go head on with the Xbox360's earlier release and the excitement for the Nintendo Wii.

And Sony basicly handed Nintendo Japans Market.

Yep,They're fucked.

Yeah, I was getting ready to post this.

Weren't there 400k Xbox360's at launch here as well? But then again, when the 360 came out it's not like it had any other new console competition to deal with.

But man, only 100k in Japan? ouch.

Wow. So, you mean the esteemed Sony, who went on record as saying they'd have 2 million units at launch, short of anything but a natural disaster or a manufacturing plant blowing up, has just handed the crown back to Nintendo, on a platinum platter?

Not only is Sony not going to be in the EU for another 5 months, Nintendo is going to be there, and will have FOUR times as many units available at launch, plus another 2 million units by the end of the year, and Sony will be lucky to break 1 million units in total, by then.

So.. anyone up for Metroid Prime 3? ;)