Brandon Strader

Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - WIP on 9/12 or CUT - NEW MGMT, see page 8

229 posts in this topic

A little hesitation due to the vocal thing, however if she's really good it would be OK. I hope you don't mind if I check out some samples of her singing first? I know you're a capable remixer but I don't know who it is you are planning to collab with and it is being presented as a big part of the song. 

NP on being late, but check back more often! What do we have to do, put ponies on the site? :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, just be easier to check from my phone ;) Traveling is a bitch

Also, I don't have a vocalist lined up. My whole thing with this is to structure it so that it can be sung by either gender or both. Probably a duet or something like that. If you require a female vocalist before I can claim it I do know a few I  could call upon readily. I just have had the idea in the back of my head. 

I do understand your hesitation, wish I could meet you halfway but I don't want to put words in any of my friends mouths about agreeing to sing for me (even though I'm 95% certain they'd be down for it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well i was going to sing on mine and no i'm not going to send you a blasted sample, strader

OH AND BTW I GOT YOUR VERY PERSONAL MESSAGE BRO. it's on. and not even like donkey kong. not at all like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brandon Strader said:

A little hesitation due to the vocal thing, however if she's really good it would be OK. I hope you don't mind if I check out some samples of her singing first? I know you're a capable remixer but I don't know who it is you are planning to collab with and it is being presented as a big part of the song. 

NP on being late, but check back more often! What do we have to do, put ponies on the site? :lol: 

http://cyrilthewolf.com/track/hunter-ft-mirisha

This is the girl I had in mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zykO said:

well i was going to sing on mine and no i'm not going to send you a blasted sample, strader

OH AND BTW I GOT YOUR VERY PERSONAL MESSAGE BRO. it's on. and not even like donkey kong. not at all like 

Wait, you were going to sing on yours?? But you sing like a sphincter.. OK you lose your claim too!! >:( 

I kid, actually I should have just accepted Cyril's claim, even if he sings himself, haha. Bit of a turd move. I'm sure he wasn't gonna recruit someone who sings like a pony or something like that. All high pitched and cartoony voiced.. 

If you want the claim of "Where I Belong" you can have it Cyril let me know. But if you turn it into an Aladdin "I can show you the world" featuring Ponies figuring out where they belong then I dunno man........ I just don't know........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RiverSound said:

Argh, ain't no stopping it... One does not simply not take part in an OCR Final Fantasy project. Brandon baby, would you mind letting me jazz with Breezy?

Quite indeedidly, I would be glad if you did Breezy! :) However, I ask that you please finish previous secret and non-secret works first :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brandon Strader said:

Wait, you were going to sing on yours?? But you sing like a sphincter.. OK you lose your claim too!! >:( 

I kid, actually I should have just accepted Cyril's claim, even if he sings himself, haha. Bit of a turd move. I'm sure he wasn't gonna recruit someone who sings like a pony or something like that. All high pitched and cartoony voiced.. 

If you want the claim of "Where I Belong" you can have it Cyril let me know. But if you turn it into an Aladdin "I can show you the world" featuring Ponies figuring out where they belong then I dunno man........ I just don't know........

Damn there goes my first idea. ;)

Nah, I'm gonna check the games plot for some lyrical solidification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would very much like to get involved in this (I have my eye on the song "SeeD" which nobody appears to have claimed yet) but I don't have any posted mixes on OCR - I've got a resubmission in the Judges' Queue at the moment but it's been there for the better part of a year. How would I go about submitting an audition and what should it contain? 

 

Apologies if this should be common knowledge, I've not gotten involved in any projects before! Thanks for your patience :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manji said:

I would very much like to get involved in this (I have my eye on the song "SeeD" which nobody appears to have claimed yet) but I don't have any posted mixes on OCR - I've got a resubmission in the Judges' Queue at the moment but it's been there for the better part of a year. How would I go about submitting an audition and what should it contain? 

 

Apologies if this should be common knowledge, I've not gotten involved in any projects before! Thanks for your patience :)

You could send me a clip of your very best work in a private message, an mp3 would be fine. :) I'd avoid WIPs, when you send in auditions (now and in the future) your goal is to show the director what you are capable of, and whether your work is good enough to be included among the other remixers involved in the album. So, very best work!

As for your resub that has been sitting so long, you should try contacting the judges panel. There's no justification for a resub, or even a regular submission, to sit for the better part of a year. I'm not completely sure who you could even ask now and get a response though, maybe @Chimpazilla! What about you @zykO? ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brandon Strader said:

You could send me a clip of your very best work in a private message, an mp3 would be fine. :) I'd avoid WIPs, when you send in auditions (now and in the future) your goal is to show the director what you are capable of, and whether your work is good enough to be included among the other remixers involved in the album. So, very best work!

As for your resub that has been sitting so long, you should try contacting the judges panel. There's no justification for a resub, or even a regular submission, to sit for the better part of a year. I'm not completely sure who you could even ask now and get a response though, maybe @Chimpazilla! What about you @zykO? ;) 

Fantastic, thanks for the swift response! I'll drop you a PM when I get back from the office- will probably include one of the songs I recorded with my band which isn't a videogame remix but shows what I can do re: writing and playing parts. I'm more than happy to just provide an arrangement and stems and let somebody else take care of the mixing/mastering since I'm much more confident in my writing skills than my overall mixing/mastering prowess! Also dropped Chimpazilla a PM, cheers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, mixing and mastering your song would be no problem if that's what you want. :) My only thought from what you said, is if you're sending a sample that includes parts you don't have access to (such as other band members playing live drums or something) it might be better to only include instruments / sounds you have access to as it would best represent what you are capable of making. Unless you think you could work with your band to make the remix, then that'd be cool. :) Good luck with your resub too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what? who? me? 

i'm no judge ;)

(scrambles out of view, stumbling over a pile of mic cables...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya everyone!!!

If anyone wants acoustic violin, I can offer that. Would love to play on your track. And if you want electric violin too: it sounds like a zany cross between lead synth and lead guitar.

Cheers!

Trev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Trev said:

Hiya everyone!!!

If anyone wants acoustic violin, I can offer that. Would love to play on your track. And if you want electric violin too: it sounds like a zany cross between lead synth and lead guitar.

Cheers!

Trev

thank you I'll be in touch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Trev said:

Cool!

Also I'd like to stake my claim on Galbadia Garden (I've gotten in touch with Brandon about this).

INDEED. Sorry for taking a cool minute to get back to you. Galbadia is a pretty weird theme, interesting opening, then some FF7 Market stuff going on. Anyway I'll mark you down for it. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get some cool WIPs for April 15th :-) 

The roster is SO BIG, and it's so many people to keep track of, I simply hope we get a lot, though I know not to expect even 1/4 of the remixers to turn in a WIP. 

Please ReMix responsibly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone who posted a WIP on the private subforum! Please share feedback on the WIPs, guys, don't just leave it up to me! Let's make a nice little community effort out of it. :-)

I'm thinking the next good WIP date may be June 20th, unless anyone has objections. That's a little over 2 months worth of time to put into a nice WIP or even a finished mix. 

If anyone specifically asked me for feedback, please hold on until I do so, life is pretty busy sometimes :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brandon Strader, I need to lighten my workload a little bit.  Between moving this summer and a pregnant wife, I'm likely not going to have the time I want for everything on my plate at the moment.

I am making some progress on Lunatic Pandora and I am 100% sure I'll be able to provide a completed version of that, however I would like to withdraw from The Salt Flats and allow it to be claimed by anyone else who may be interested.  If I end up with more time than I expect to have and it's still free, I'll tackle it (or possibly another track that isn't claimed because I friggin' love FF8).  In the meantime, I'd like to focus squarely on L.P. and hit that one out of the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, that's cool! And pretty responsible.. if someone wants it they could grab it, but I just took it off the list. ^_^  

Haven't heard a lot about WIPs, might have to send out one of those fancy mass messages people are doing for projects. Not something I'm a huge fan of, but if it works, it works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now