rRPC 2016 - The ReMix Role-Playing Competition 2016

FenixDown

On 6/29/2016 at 7:25 AM, FenixDown said:

I did receive a track from Ronald Poe but for some reason, Razorlame is not wanting to convert it into an MP3. Since he was the only one to turn in a track in his match up, he wins that by default.

Does RonaldPoe still get his track posted somewhere?  Not seeing it in the Round 2 Pack. Is it because you couldn't turn it into an MP3?  Whether you win by default or not it's kind of a kick to not have your track heard as part of the compo after working on it all week.  

11 hours ago, Garpocalypse said:

Does RonaldPoe still get his track posted somewhere?  Not seeing it in the Round 2 Pack. Is it because you couldn't turn it into an MP3?  Whether you win by default or not it's kind of a kick to not have your track heard as part of the compo after working on it all week.  

I gave him permission to share his Soundcloud link in the thread. I was tempted to do it myself but I wasn't sure if that would be overstepping on my part. He never replied to my last PM explaining the issue with the file. I would definitely like everyone to hear it.

On 7/1/2016 at 0:06 AM, alfredofreak said:

I think I might be out of this round. I just remembered this like yesterday and I'm going to be out of town this weekend (which is when my procrastinating motivation to finish stuff super fast usually kicks in).

Thanks for letting me know. If anyone else doesn't think they can meet this deadline, let me know as soon as possible. I'd rather wait a little longer and get more submissions sent in than the alternative. It is a holiday weekend in North America.

Don't worry about it, I was in a hurry when I made that post and didn't think to elaborate on anything. You were definitely justified in asking what the deal was there. I hope he decides to share it here or gives me the OK to do it myself. And yeah, after reading your last post Gar, I realized I probably should have paired Touchstone up with someone from the 3-way match up. I got hung up on the idea that people using the same round source should be grouped together.

Speaking of voting, there's only one day left to vote on the current villain round. And so far only one person has voted, which I admit is technically enough to make a call on, but I think everyone would prefer more people join in. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the heads up. If anyone else is unsure if they can meet the current deadline please let me know as soon as possible. I don't mind giving you guys extra time to work with under these kinds of conditions, especially if enough people are in the same boat.

Villain Bracket Round Three: Only One May Rule

The battle for dominance of the Realm of Dusk was coming to a head. The leaders of the five dominant factions gathered at the castle to determine once and for all which of them was fit to rule the realm. But before the outcome could be decided, an army appeared at their front door eager to take back their kingdom. In order to address these new developments, the villains agreed to set aside their personal conflicts long enough to crush the resistance at the gate.

And so the villains cleared the room to join the battle. All save for two. Dark Gaia and Xehanort remained behind and regarded each other silently. In that moment, they had a mutual understanding that if anyone were to rule the Realm of Dusk, it would be one of them. And only one of them was going to leave that room alive.

Round Three of the Villain side has begun! During this round, our semifinalists are going to go head to head. Even though Yami and Ronald Poe have faced each other in the first round, the party system is currently active for this round so if they want, they can change things up a bit by using their other character theme. The remaining villains are going to have their hands full fighting with the heroes at the castle gate. The match ups and sources for this round are:

Yami (Dark Gaia and Princess Shroob) vs Ronald Poe (Xehanort and Neclord)

Supercoolmike (Mithos and Miror B.), Timothy William (Sephiroth and Leblanc), and HoboKa (Lloyd and Dark Falz) may either pick one of their opponents’ character themes that they signed up with, or one of the heroes at the front gate (Ramza, Terra, Isaac, or Ayla).

Submissions will be due at the end of the day of Monday, July 11 EDT at midnight.

Best of luck, Villains!

10 hours ago, FenixDown said:

Thanks for the heads up. If anyone else is unsure if they can meet the current deadline please let me know as soon as possible. I don't mind giving you guys extra time to work with under these kinds of conditions, especially if enough people are in the same boat.

If people want extra time, that's fine by me :) - Getting a little extra time to polish the piece would be good for me.

An extra 2 days would help out quite a lot actually.

I gave it some thought and people seem to be in favor of it, so I'll extend the current deadline by two more days. So the new deadline for the current hero round will be Wednesday night, the 6th, at midnight EDT. And in order to keep it fair between sides, I will also give the villains the same extra time so their deadline will be midnight on next week's Wednesday night, the 13th of July. I hope this extra time serves you well.

1 hour ago, Ronald Poe said:

One question though, do I get a new theme this round?

I'm afraid not this time. Only one party member per person for this compo. In my original plan, the winners of round 2 would have been able to recruit their eliminated opponents' party members. That had to be dropped when the elimination aspect of the brackets was scrapped due to not getting enough people to sign up. So in your case, Ronald, you have Xehanort and Neclord to work with still. 

There's three hours left before the deadline. So far I've only received one hero track but there's still time. Let me know if anyone is still having problems meeting the deadline, this is the last hero round before the finals so it would be great to have a full turnout for this round.

This is the last required round for most people. The finalists will be decided between the hero and villain halves of this round and then they will go against each other in the last round of the compo. In case I failed to make it clear earlier, right now the people in the running for the finals are Touchstone and Ghetto Lee Lewis on the hero side, and Ronald Poe and Yami on the villain side. I still wanted everyone else to have something to work with this round though, both for participation and as a backup in case both people on a side drop out for some reason.

And I suppose there's no harm in saying this much, but it would be safe to assume I have some form of optional bonus round in mind for everyone else during the finals. I'll share those details when it becomes relevant.

Well, I've only received two tracks for the round. Technically that is enough to have a vote to decide on a finalist on the hero side. However, for the moment, I'm going to sleep on it and give anyone who may have a track in the works to send it in to me during that time. If the situation remains the same in the morning, I'll have to decide whether to push back the deadline again to include this weekend or to just accept what we've got and start the vote to choose our finalist from the tracks submitted. Feel free to share your thoughts on the matter, either here or privately via PM if you prefer. I'll take those thoughts into account while making my choice. Thanks everyone.

I've slept on it and given it some thought. Since I've already done a two-week round before in this compo, it's within reason to allow that again so I'm going to push the deadline back again to Sunday night, the 10th at midnight EDT. Life happens and summer gets busy (I'm honestly surprised by how busy I've been this year) so it's understandable that some people might not be able to meet the deadlines I've made. This will be the last extension of the round though, and if the number of submissions remains low, I will just have all the tracks I've received put into a single poll to determine the finalist on the hero side.

And as I usually do in these cases, I will extend the villain round as well so that will end at midnight on Sunday night, the 17th. If the final turnout for that round is also low, I may also just group everyone's tracks into one poll to determine the finalist that way as well. Just a thought for now, but if you have any questions or concerns about that, let me know.  

I just wanted to tell everyone that despite my oddball style, I'm a serious remixer and hard worker (especially when it comes to music). I will not go down without a fight. That being said I hope to mix Xehanort, Dark Gaia, and Neclord into a single decent mix. 

Yami, what did you mean by it being "one sided"? I hope you'll put up a good fight as well.

3 hours ago, Ronald Poe said:

I just wanted to tell everyone that despite my oddball style, I'm a serious remixer and hard worker (especially when it comes to music). I will not go down without a fight. That being said I hope to mix Xehanort, Dark Gaia, and Neclord into a single decent mix. 

Yami, what did you mean by it being "one sided"? I hope you'll put up a good fight as well.

It seems you're determined that you win. Good, good, let the hate flow through you :twisted: I will not go down easy.

I said one-sided, because we end up fighting each other again and not someone else

12 hours ago, Ronald Poe said:

That being said I hope to mix Xehanort, Dark Gaia, and Neclord into a single decent mix. 

Before you do that, and I had addressed this with other participants before now so I'm just being consistent here, you cannot use both your sign up character theme and your party member theme in the same mix. I'm sorry but you'll have to choose between Xehanort and Neclord. It wouldn't be fair to the people I said no to in the previous rounds if I let it slide now. Sorry.

While disappointed that I can't use Xehanort for the bassline, I understand your reasoning and respect your decision. I'll try to be more subtle and abide by the rules (I'll probably just mix Neclord and Dark Gaia with an original bassine). Good luck Yami and heroes ...