rRPC 2016 - The ReMix Role-Playing Competition 2016

FenixDown

24 minutes ago, Touchstone said:

Alright! Time to get to work!

...Also, just a question about the Party system. Can I use all 3 of my available themes (Character, Party, and Source), or am I limited to 2 (Character and Source or Party and Source)?

I originally considered letting people go with all three, but I worried that would make things too complicated in an already fairly complex competition, so I think it would probably be better to just stick with two themes (Character and Source or Party and Source).

19 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

I wouldn't have called that Nash's theme... it's specifically the theme of Magical Weapon Nash, which would be spoileriffic to explain.

Ah shoot... You are right on that. It's been ages since I last seen the game in action and I really thought that was Nash's theme. I'll pick out an alternate theme from my list for alfredofreak. Sorry about that everyone.

Edit: @alfredofreak your new party theme is now Vyse (Vyse's Theme) from Skies of Arcadia. Sorry I screwed up with the source I picked before.

Edited by FenixDown

Chernabogue, you can do what I did when I was preparing for "Lloyd's Theme" and remixing "King Ghidorah" (Godzilla NES). I basically transcribed the main melodies/lead to said pieces and put them in Midi. If you've got either a good ear and/or a good teacher, it's not that bad. Good luck with round 2 (I'm confident you'll do well). 

Also sorry if I sounded rude earlier, Yami (I was caught in the moment and am usually a gentleman). Anyway the villain round looks very close and even matched (at least voting wise). It may even be a tie for everyone (that'd be pretty funny). I have a couple remix projects to get to ...

5 hours ago, alfredofreak said:

Is there an alternate title for Dying Village? I'm not finding that particular track listed under Breath of Fire. I can notate just the lead again if need be.

It is also the game over theme for Breath of Fire. I hope that helps.

How are things going on the Hero side? The scheduled deadline is a little under a day and a half away as I'm typing this. 

Also, don't forget to check out the Villain Round One tracks and vote for that. I just checked on the polls and right now it's an even tie across the board. 

On 6/9/2016 at 6:54 PM, FenixDown said:

I'm sorry to hear that Chernabogue. Thanks for letting us know. I hope whatever it is goes as well as possible.

Me too. He's such a good remixer and would make a worthy opponent in this competition for everyone. I at least hope  Xenonetix brings an entry (I really like "Terra" theme). 

Also I really hope I get a Persona character as an ally ...

A little under 12 hours left for voting on Villain Round One. Since it's only the first round, if it stays in an across the board tie like it is now, what I will do is randomly swap out one person from each match up out of the people who submitted for the round so in round two, everyone will have someone new to mix against. One of the match ups will have three people again and the same rules as before will apply, where you only have to choose one of your opponents for the round to mix their villain's theme with your own.

And there's 15 hours left until the deadline for Hero Round Two. So far I've received one track but there's still over half a day's worth of time left. If you don't think you can provide anything by the deadline, please let me know as soon as possible. Chernabogue already had something come up, if other people are having issues as well, I will see what I can do about extending the round a bit. In that event, I will be sure to give the Villain Round Two the same extra time, should it come up.

Villain Bracket Round Two: A Realm Divided

Tensions continued to rise amongst the various factions that controlled the Realm of Dusk. As the enslaved citizens carried out the task of reconstruction, lines were carved out to divide the realm between the five dominant factions of the villains’ crumbling alliance. Disputes broke out over the most minute details regarding resources or which districts belonged to which faction. And when words failed to solve their disagreements, violence became the solution.

Lesser factions within the realm fell in line behind the major players of the conflict. Whether it was for a perceived opportunity for greater power, a common sense of purpose, or simply for their own survival, these villains submitted to the will of the five powerful forces vying for control over the realm. And as the villains’ forces grew, it became increasingly clear that there was only enough room in the Realm of Dusk for one of them.

The second round of the Villain Bracket has begun. Because of the dead even tie across the board during the first round, the match ups were shuffled enough to give everyone an opponent they have not used the source of yet. The Villain match ups for Round Two are:

Yami (Dark Gaia) vs Supercoolmike (Mithos)

Ronald Poe (Xehanort) vs Timothy William (Sephiroth) vs HoboKa (Lloyd)

And just like with the Heroes, the Party System for the Villains has now been unlocked. Each participant on the Villain side now has an additional randomly determined villain theme that can be used in your mixes for rounds 2 and 3. Only you may use the party member that is assigned to you. The party members for the villains are:

Timothy William: Leblanc (Let Me Blow You a Kiss) - Final Fantasy X-2

Ronald Poe: Neclord (Gothic Neclord) - Suikoden II

Supercoolmike: Miror B. (Miror B. Battle) - Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

HoboKa: Dark Falz (Dark Falz) - Phantasy Star

Yami: Princess Shroob (Princess Shroob Battle) - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Due to a likely extension of the deadline for the Hero round, the deadline for this round is still to be determined. I will update this post with an official deadline after I decide how long to extend the Hero round two and will then be able to give an equal amount of time for this round.

Thank you and good luck.

Edit: I have given the Hero Bracket an extra week so Villain Round Two is now a two week round as well. The deadline is Noon EDT on June 27.

Edited by FenixDown

After giving it some thought, and seeing that so far three people have told me they are having some form of conflict, one person has submitted a track, and I haven't heard anything from the remaining two; I have decided to extend the round by another week. That might be overkill but it was well-received in my last compo. So the new deadline for Hero Round Two will be noon EDT on June 20, and I will also give Villain Round Two an additional week as well so their deadline will be June 27. 

I hope everyone is satisfied with this. If you've already submitted a track or were otherwise prepared to submit one, you may use this time to make any revisions or touch ups that you wish and submit it again later. If you don't send in an updated version of your track, I will use what I already have. I feel like this is the best course of action given the situation. I hope everyone benefits from this.

Just wanted to say that it's odd to have a complete tie on the villains round but at least I didn't lose. I've never played Suikoden 2 but "Gothic Neclord" is a really cool piece (I'm happy to have gotten it). I'll try my best as always.

Also  Timothy William, could you do me a favor and remix both "One Winged Angel" and "Xehanort" for your entry (throw in "Lloyd" or "Let me Blow you a Kiss" if you'd live). Good luck. 

I had to revert to an older version of the project and ended up losing about a day and a half's work because I didn't follow my rule of saving a separate file after every 2 notes tracked or every 1/4 turn of the EQ.  Sorry to hear about the difficulties the last hero round had but i'm sure the extension will be well used by everyone.   

6 hours ago, Ronald Poe said:

Just wanted to say that it's odd to have a complete tie on the villains round but at least I didn't lose. I've never played Suikoden 2 but "Gothic Neclord" is a really cool piece (I'm happy to have gotten it). I'll try my best as always.

Yeah, that kind of tie is something I've never seen before. I'm glad you approve of Neclord as your party member. 

6 hours ago, Chernabogue said:

Sorry I was not able to enter this round. Even with the extension, I still have a ton of stuff to do that takes priority over the compo. :/

That really is a shame. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm glad to see a positive response to the extension. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with for your tracks.