Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

I'd have to say the Jeweller Jem guy from Illusion of Gaia (after you get all the gems- I think his real name is Solidarm?). I got whooped by him. Also, the secret boss guy in Mario RPG, I can't remember his name, but the FF guy with the crystals around him. What about the easiest games to beat? I'd have to say Kirby's Dreamland on NES. I almost had it finished a few hours after I bought it. Zelda 64 was kind of a disappointment too.

Ruby Weapon was my hardest boss, but it is actually easy if you use the mythril band (or something like that). It gives you 50% evade. In FF6 the boss on the mountain where you get Sabin was hard for me (his name starts with a D i think), but he was hard only because all my members were poisoned from the save point and i didn't have any antidotes. My party died quite a few times because of that jerk.

SMRPG: Culex. AND HE IS NOT AN FF GUY, DAMMIT! Square just used the music for shits and giggles.

FF6: That'd be Varkas. I couldn't beat him, beacause I didn't do the Blitz right.

lmao. I was only like 9. :whatevaa:

i dont know about if this was said, but Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch Out (listening to Scott Peeples' mix of it right now :) ), but that dude can kill you in 2 seconds flat, literally. Just one of his punches can take out 1/2 your hp. I also tried using Game Genie w/ almost infinite hp, and by the 3rd round, he knocked me down to 1/3 hp, and there were millions of blows exchanged within that time, 99.9% his, .1% mine....., and i still lost after surviving him!!! i read in gamefaqs that you have to knock him out 3 times in 1 round to beat him....... i cant even knock 1/4 of his hp out. and what is worse, is that you have one shot at him and thats it, if you lose, you game over and have to start the match before him and that dude was a pain too.

One more note: if you see Tyson blinking rapidly, you a dead man and better pray that you can dodge a 20 to 30-stream hit combo.....

Never had a problem with the weapons in FF7, of course, by the time I fought them, what they would've given me was essentially useless (I had gotten the Gold Chocobo and a god materia setup...)

Omega Weapon in FFX was another easy one, I had a big problem with this shell monster that you fight at the Chocobo field (You have to catch monsters to make the guy make him.) because I'd beat him down, then he'd up and go back into his shell, and regen 200K HP a turn! Needless to say, I set myself up with Ultima and doublecast, and spammed the hell out of him till he dropped.

But the hardest boss, for me, by far, was Neo Granzone in Super Robot Wars 3, Aside from him having 65K HP and getting better at stopping your attacks as you damage him, he also has 2 other guys, who were the bosses of the previous level! Its a tactical RPG mind you, so when I moved in my guys to beat him down, he fired off a area effect spell... twice! It blasted like 80% of my guys!

SMRPG: Culex. AND HE IS NOT AN FF GUY, DAMMIT! Square just used the music for shits and giggles.

Nope. From what I remember, Culex is either from the hard Japanese version of FFIV or from either the true FFII or III that were never released in the States. And he's not really hard if you use Geno's best magic and a whole bunch of Rock Candies. But either way, he was a damn cool boss.

"I am matter...I am antimatter...I consume time...and I will consume you!!!"

Another easy boss: the Dodongo from the original Legend of Zelda. I mean, good God! All you have to do is drop a couple bombs in his path and he's dead!!!

Culex was friggin awesome. He wasn't so hard as he was fun.

Shredder from TMNTII: The Arcade Game was pretty hard if you didn't have a second player. That move where he turns you back into wee turtles, the one hit KO, ultimate in cheapness.

Dark Falz from PSO may have already been said, but I'm saying it again if so. On normal mode he is easy, but his fourth phase that appears in hard mode is just vicious. Yay for Moon Atomizers! That's the only reason why he is even defeatable.

I'd have to say the Jeweller Jem guy from Illusion of Gaia (after you get all the gems- I think his real name is Solidarm?). I got whooped by him. Also, the secret boss guy in Mario RPG, I can't remember his name, but the FF guy with the crystals around him. What about the easiest games to beat? I'd have to say Kirby's Dreamland on NES. I almost had it finished a few hours after I bought it. Zelda 64 was kind of a disappointment too.

nothing about illusion of gaia was hard :o

and culex was easy if u got that super heavy shell armor thing and put it on the princess(she wouldnt die and could heal anybody that did die).

I only read up to page 11, so this might be covered already,

Is it just me, or are the final boss levels in the Doom games seemingly impossible. I honestly don't that the developers intend for you to beat those without cheating. There's just no way.

Also, while I'm in FPS mode, Beating the WAR! mission in Perfect Dark on Perfect Agent is also extremely tough. I still haven't done it. And finally, the Primagen from Turok 2 was pretty tough.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this either, but certain RTS games can have intense "boss" fights. One incident comes to mind in Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun - Firestorm. The last mission where you have to destroy CABAL's Core and the Core Defender comes online. You spend hours fending off the enemy and doing your best to build and maintain your base while you make progress through the different battles. Suddenly, when the Firestorm defense goes offline, this previously unasuming pile of pipes and metel unfolds into a giant cyborg and just plows through your army, gets to your base and destroys it. I could never save myself from that thing no matter how I prepared for it. Finally I got the bright idea to send about 50 hovercraft mobile rocket systems undernieth the bridge that led to my main base. I unleashed everything I could on that bridge as the Core Defender walked over it. The bridge collapsed and the big thing went strait into the drink. I just blew up CABAL's Core after that and felt really proud.

Culex was from FF1 back on the nes

Although I never finished the game... I read the nintendo power walkthrough many times...

Never have I heard of Culex.

I don't remember fighting Culex outside of SMRPG.

Ever.

And I've played all the FFs.

And everything that was tagged as FF even though it wasn't (Seiken Denetsu, Saga).

No Culex.

Where do you fight him in FF?

I wrote a boss FAQ of FF4, so no one better try to say he's in there.

Ok..

The final boss, or should I say final "bosses" from Eternal Darkness was kinda hard. It was, to me, one of the nicest recent boss level I played.

I know somebody already mentioned this but yeah, Sonic Adventure 2 Biolizard boss was pretty tough too [nice music on that level btw].

This isn't a boss level but I thought I would never get past the Fear Test on Starfox Adventures! Plus, I was kinda disappointed with the final boss on that game.. :roll: Tres easy final boss I thought..but it was still a cool game.

Has anybody ever played Sword of the Berserk for Dreamcast? The FIRST stupid boss that looked like a bull?! Gawd, my fingers had blisters from that one! I thought it was pretty hard for the FIRST boss...

And I had a tough time on Code Veronica with the Tyrant from the cockpit. It took me a while to evade/shoot it/then push the button for that box thingy to push him off the plane..but I did it one day while I wasn't trying too hard and succeeded.. 8)

The Song "FreQ Out" - the last song on Frequency (well there's two hidden ones but I haven't played them yet...). This song has been going in my head for weeks and I've tried to beat it constantly, but to no avail.

Otherwise, ME! Sephiroth!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :twisted:

A few pages back I said this, and got a few replies about how easy Sephiroth is. To all of you: IT WAS A JOKE.

<<<Notice the name, good sirs?

Hardest boss? Tough call.

Me, personally, I'd have to say Giygas, from EarthBound.

Not only does his first form have an impenetrable shield that bounces your attacks back at you, but he has all of Ness' powers to boot.

And that's just his first form. Then his second form, his attacks have no form that can be understood, so the effect isn't known until the attack hits you.

Besides the fact that you have to fight your way past Atomic Power Robots, Ultimate Octobots, and swarms of Ghost of Starman in order to reach him.

Thank the makers for the Pray command...

Heh, I beat Bloody Mary on my first try, even though it was a close one.

Btw, did anyone try beating Astro Man in Megaman & Bass (also known as Rockman & Forte - this game just came out on the GBA) with just Mega Man and none of Astro Man's weaknesses? Grr...pissing me off...must be the long/tough stages.

I beat the ROM of Rockman and Forte ages ago with both characters (I believe), and I didn't find anything about that game very challenging...

But it's kind of irritating: Bass is better than Megaman in almost every espect in that game. Sure, he may not have a charge shot and can't shoot while he runs, but he has rapid-fire...and the dash...There was no balance between characters.

Oh, and Culex isn't from any Final Fantasy game. (I was wrong. So sue me.) In fact, Culex's opening speech was supposed to openly mock the FF series' drama and such.

(And they deserve to be mocked, especially by Nintendo...Putting "Here lies Link" on the tombstone in the Japanese FF1...Bastards...)

Panzer Dragoon Orta -- The gigantic warship in the 8th level (I think) took me soooo long to beat, simply because his second form has this electric field jazz dealy that was really hard to avoid... But once you switch to glide wing and hit up and down really quick... he's a breeze

--Until you get to the final boss! It's second form tears my ass up because it has an undodgeable attack (as near as I can figure). It simply seems to mock all your hard work by presenting you with a nigh-undefeatable attack. *Sigh*, I suppose I must rent the game again.

Vagrant Story -- Any boss battle that was determined on how well you could deflect half of a fatal attack at any given moment. Practically every boss fight with a magic user was russian roulette between you and the circle button. *shudder*

Any end boss to a King of Fighters game

The end guy to Last Blade 1... 2 I can handle

Mario Sunshine -- The eel boss at the bottom of the waterfall. Good god... why do the japanese hate us soooooo?!!

I think that's about it. Ohhh the horror..

--Wing

I beat the ROM of Rockman and Forte ages ago with both characters (I believe), and I didn't find anything about that game very challenging...

But it's kind of irritating: Bass is better than Megaman in almost every espect in that game. Sure, he may not have a charge shot and can't shoot while he runs, but he has rapid-fire...and the dash...There was no balance between characters.

Oh, and Culex isn't from any Final Fantasy game. (I was wrong. So sue me.) In fact, Culex's opening speech was supposed to openly mock the FF series' drama and such.

(And they deserve to be mocked, especially by Nintendo...Putting "Here lies Link" on the tombstone in the Japanese FF1...Bastards...)

Yeah...in the english version, it was Here Lies Erdrick (from Dragon Quest).