Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

Shinryuu from Final Fantasy V for the hardest RPG boss.

There are no 'hard' bosses in most rpg games... a simple way of beating most of them is just to train yourself to the maximum level and they can all be taken down easily... :wink:

I remember in Soul Blazer, a long time ago when I first got the game, I couldn't beat the first boss. I spent days looking for that one swrod that could cut metal because that's what I thought you needed. Apparently I wasn't the only one, as I've met at least 5 other people that thought the same. I think the instruction manuel was misleading or something.

As to Soul Blazer... i know nothing about Jap and i had the Jap version of it (it's called Soul Blader there)... i had to play through the whole game without any game guides, only the instruction manual :oops: . It took me A LONG TIME to beat the game but i'm pretty sure i beat(and found) the first boss on my first time playing it. :D

Ehh.... no hard bosses is RPG games my ass... anybody here played Dragon Warrior (NES) It's damn near impossible to get above lvl 60, and even then killing the Dragonlord was a total bitch.

Ehh.... no hard bosses is RPG games my ass... anybody here played Dragon Warrior (NES) It's damn near impossible to get above lvl 60, and even then killing the Dragonlord was a total bitch.

For one, the max level in Dragon Warrior 1 is level 30. Next, the DrgonLord is pathetically easy if you level up that much. (btw, is your name from JTHM or Squee?)

I dont know his name but he was that Floating orb gear guy that was in the shield generator cave next to Barts home town. (i frogot the town name.)

You mean Shakhan? Yeah, he was a bastard. The only way I was finally able to beat him was by going into infinity mode, beating on him, then healing and defending while going into infinity mode with a different character, beating on him... And so on.

I still haven't beaten the final boss for Xenogears. I need money to make my gears un-crappy, and I rather loathe running around and randomly battling for no reason other than battling. So, yeah.

I dont know his name but he was that Floating orb gear guy that was in the shield generator cave next to Barts home town. (i frogot the town name.)

You mean Shakhan? Yeah, he was a bastard. The only way I was finally able to beat him was by going into infinity mode, beating on him, then healing and defending while going into infinity mode with a different character, beating on him... And so on.

I still haven't beaten the final boss for Xenogears. I need money to make my gears un-crappy, and I rather loathe running around and randomly battling for no reason other than battling. So, yeah.

I think the ONLY battle that actually gave me problems is the final fight with Ramsus (before he joins your crew... ironically, after that insane fight, he decides to join you... whatever...)

Deus was so easy for me.... all you need to do is simply level up with all the gears and just leave it to Xenogears to do their special moves (of course, you need to defend a few times to charge the moves up)

Im sticking with Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy 8, I still dont see the point in hitting a 3 person party 50 times for max damage every single hit. I dont care if it not a real boss, I treated it like one.

Another problem boss for me would have been...*thinks for a moment* cnat htink of one, im just that damn good. :mrgreen:

I think the ONLY battle that actually gave me problems is the final fight with Ramsus (before he joins your crew... ironically, after that insane fight, he decides to join you... whatever...)

He joins your crew? Did I miss something? After he killed Krelian and Miang, he just kinda disappeared, didn't he? I mean, I sure as hell haven't seen him...

Deus was so easy for me.... all you need to do is simply level up with all the gears and just leave it to Xenogears to do their special moves (of course, you need to defend a few times to charge the moves up)

...Say what? Did that make sense to anyone else?

The Executioner in Skies of Arcadia was a huge pain in the ass before I learned how effective Tackle was against him.

And there's Nightmare from Metroid Fusion...It's easy for about the first half of the fight, but then it starts to move around...and it does a HELLUVA lot of damage when it collides with you.

Yes, I know the discussion is about HARD bosses, but what about for (easy)...

DRACULA in SOTN? I mean, my god, my friends have seen me sit there with a Crissegrim and a Rune sword and beat the living sh*t out of Dracy. You just stand there and see nothing but 999 999 999 pop up all over the place.. anyways.. Hardest boss? I didn't particularly like the executioner in Skies of Arcadia, and some of those bounty fights were kinda rough... bounties level up with you. I'll post more when I think of more hardest bosses ;)

Blueearth

i bitched out SoTN drac even worse, 2 crissagrims and 2 rings of varda = 0wn3d. and nightmare wasnt too tough once i started using missles instead of charged shots on his second form.

Actually, you could access the entire castle, or at least the huge parts of it as Richter, instad of bat transformation, he could do that super jump infinitly, like Alucard. Unless of course there is something I'm missing.

It's definatly possible to get to the end though, I know because I've seen my friend do it, and although not worth the effort, it's possible.

My votes go to:

Lavos (second and third forms) from Chrono Trigger.

Dario from Chrono Cross.

Ruby Weapon from FF7.

The first time through, these people KILLED me. I screamed out my frustration and cracked my controller first time out against Ruby...then I laughed at the ease with which it blew me away. It was only after getting 2 sets of Master Summon Materia and mastering Final Attack and Phoenix (3 times!) that I finally dented it. And all for a steenking Gold Chocobo. >_< What a waste of MP.

Lavos sucked because of the number of times I had to fight him. I had to play Trigger through three complete times before I could even start getting alternate endings. What sucked was that every time I concentrated my attack on one part of him, the other two bits wiped me out. AND GOD I HATED ACTIVE LIFE!

Dario was a different story. It's tough to fight a Black innate in Cross when two of your characters are White (read: weak against him), and one of them has atacks that miss half the time (Riddel) so you can't even power up your Elements. Since I missed the Black Plate, it made it even more fun. -_-; I only won after I gave Riddel the Prism Mail (a hefty bit of armor, that) and figured out that she was better off casting weaker attacks and stronger Elements. She seems to be the Aeris of Chrono Cross that way.

Anyway...my 2 cents. :)

And there's Nightmare from Metroid Fusion...It's easy for about the first half of the fight, but then it starts to move around...and it does a HELLUVA lot of damage when it collides with you.

No offensebut that was hella easy, the problem with the bosses in that game was they all followed a strict pattern that wasnt too hard to avoid. even Ridley wasnt that hard in that game I was kindof surprised at that, and the last boss battle, fittign as it was was very dissapointing, but phenominal i must say for what it was.

Black Rabite from Seiken Densetsu 3, In my opinion, hands down THE hardest boss. Word is fastest time with characters with hacked status of level 99 took over a half an hour to kill and thats hacked. Lavos from CT was annoying but after you figure out how it works you can get it down to 10 minutes maybe 20 mins at best for the entire encounter inside the shell. Dead to Rights gets damn near retardedly hard, especially in the bath-house level, you and a girl vs. 50 guys that constantly respawn and then a boss with a huge lifebar and body armor and 2 guards with body armor and bigass life gauges, not to mention the boss kills you in about 3 hits so it isnt really fun...

Oh and most of the bosses from SaGa Frontier, ludacrisly high hp and damage, makes it really cheap sometimes...

ED: Spelling, and a few notes.

Actually, you could access the entire castle, or at least the huge parts of it as Richter, instad of bat transformation, he could do that super jump infinitly, like Alucard. Unless of course there is something I'm missing.

It's definatly possible to get to the end though, I know because I've seen my friend do it, and although not worth the effort, it's possible.

Richter also has a maneuver to get him through spikes unharmed.

And another easy boss...Shaft. With Alucard or Richter. With Alucard, you can just shred his ass with the Crissaegrim. With Richter, just Holy Rain him a few times and he's done-for.

:roll: i tend to find Valentina from SuperMario RPG rather hard...and Baal from Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction(on Hell Difficulty) a pain in the :oops: ...and i ALWAYS find the phantom dude from Metroid 3 hard...or worse, Dark Matter from Kirby's Dream Land 2...

Wizpig on Diddy Kong Racing was so impossible. >_< I don't understand how anybody could beat him. You could literally do the race perfectly and still lose. Totally unacceptable.

>Black Rabite from Seiken Densetsu 3, In my opinion, hands down THE hardest boss. Word is fastest time with characters with hacked status of level 99 took over a half an hour to kill and thats hacked.<

Haha. I used the "cheating method" to beat the black chocobo. pwn.

And SotN was ridiculously easy.. mostly because it became a joke after I got the Crissegram. I could see how some of the bosses might be hard without it, though. I never beat the dragon twin thing in Circle of the Moon, though.

i realize that ff9 probly wasnt the most popular game, but anybody who has fought ozma and hasnt declared him as the hardest boss alive must be insane! .....

Ozma is not the hardest boss of all time. I hated him, though. I didn't have much trouble with Omega Weapon in FF8, because I had pretty much EVERYTHING. I still haven't beaten Ruby Weapon. Emerald Weapon was a bitch but I beat it.

Omega from FF5 was pretty tough, though. DragonLord from Dragon Quest was very hard. Someone said he was easy. Maybe I just didn't know how to beat him.

Black Rabite. I never made it to it in SD. Where do you fight it?