Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

Got my hands on a 64 sf2. Remaking various tracks from Star Fox ONLY (names might be confusing to some people) (more to come in future, gets tiring remaking tracks one after the other so...)

Corneria 64

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14U1IygFwe_qvFr65pow00KH6MfI49M05

Andross 64

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pl8HwNQhZcyTx7kgwwteV9p553T0qxZQ

Attack Carrier Boss 64

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lVHxOq1xrxhPZuyy0u434SKB6ekiW5g1

• 3 weeks later...

NO, THIS IS NOT A DEAD PROJECT. A lack of activity on the thread does not mean nothing is happening!

As I told you before, it will probably be January before I get to the narrative work. If you want to build a script in the meantime, go ahead - please send link to me via PM. You already have my guidelines.

----

A reminder to everyone that there is a deadline coming up on January 1st. Looking forward to hearing those updates!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to make Clipped Wings into a full out rock song. I need people to help me with this. I shall edit this post when I have made lryics. I shall also sing the lyrics so people can tell what I want them to sound like overall.

Actual title will be 

"(We Got) Clipped Wings"

Going to have a spoken monologue in the beginning.

Again, pm me for more info/if you find willing musicians/singers. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just letting everyone know that I'm working on my Area 6 arrangement heavily before giving it off to performers. Contacting a few people to see if they're interested in helping critique; I think it's really going to come to life after all the advice I've got and a ton of listening to a few Jazz albums.

Also just so everyone knows, I'm going to be opening... a lot more performer slots. Like, double what I had before.

7 hours ago, Thirdkoopa said:

Just letting everyone know that I'm working on my Area 6 arrangement heavily before giving it off to performers. Contacting a few people to see if they're interested in helping critique; I think it's really going to come to life after all the advice I've got and a ton of listening to a few Jazz albums.

Also just so everyone knows, I'm going to be opening... a lot more performer slots. Like, double what I had before.

Excellent! Looking forward to hearing it

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SioXDYdtIqMiTe04P1I_ox9i8nMutgf6 lookin' for feedback particularly from jazz heads. Threw the sheet music there since a lot of it is going to be more improvised... This is gonna be interesting because I think I'll have to personally work with each live musician to get it sounding the way I want, but I think I'm getting a hold on this.

Hey, everyone! It's been a while. :)

Thanks to those folks who have been looking in on me to make sure I haven't died. Still kicking and thanks for the updates!

I know I haven't been doing great at this lately. Last year wasn't a wonderful year for me, but this year I have no excuse - I've been behind and I'm just being slow about trying to keep up. I could say that depression has gotten the better of me, I could say there are several developments in my life I'm dealing with, but really, I just haven't been making the time a priority. That being said, this project means a great deal to me; I think we have some great folks on board, I'm proud of what we have so far, and still excited for where we are going - and a likely reason for my depression is the lack of my own progress on the project itself. So, I'll be recommitting myself to this again - it's time for me to stop sulking and get back to work!

----

So, here is what I see I have to do to get things to current:

• Update front page and Project Overview - I've received many reminders about this. I will have this back up and running this week.
  • WIP Spreadsheet - I have some new updates to post here too, but I need to confirm permission to post from a few folks. Will update this week as permissions come in.
    • @TheChargingRhino - It is time-consuming to keep all this on Drive as well as the project Box account, and considering how my time has been lately, I'm going to keep it all on Box moving forward. Sorry for this, but you can PM me if you are having trouble accessing.
  •  
  • Checking in with folks - I'm checking where everyone is in the next two weeks. No pressure for updates at this time - that would be hardly fair of me - but I am wondering how folks are. Some of you I've heard from recently, some of you I haven't heard from in a while. Please let me know where you are with your track - feel free to reach out to me if I don't get to you first!

Updates

• @Etzaen has been working on some art over the last year which I'd like to share with the team, but I need to figure out the where and how first. Stay tuned for more on this.
  • Our back covers are being produced NOW! I've received the first drafts from my guy and they are looking good. I will post these with the rest of the art when I figure out format.
  • Of all the things I've been asked about on this project, the narratives have generated the most interest! So, by popular demand, 6 of 8 scripts are complete and I will have the rest done in time for March. I need to refresh myself on this part of the project and get the scripts proofread before we start recording, but hopefully I can get folks to start doing this for me by the end of March. Will advise as this progresses. Open voice roles are still available to claim!
    • @classic_gamer_76, please PM me on this when you get a chance. I need to confirm some things for Star Wolf parts.

---

Due to my own absence and timing issues, I am no longer optimistic that the project will be ready for submission when reach our July deadline. I think that with a little effort, we can still finish the project by the end of September, but I'm wondering if we should push this to January instead. Please let me know what you think, on the thread or with a PM, on whether pushing for September is something folks think they are capable of.

Thanks again for everyone's patience as I figure my stuff out. More to come as things get under way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely interested - I would start on a WIP to make a claim but the project overview spreadsheet and the tracklist on the front page are conflicting on which ones are claimed and which ones aren't -- if anyone could let me know which one is correct I'd be happy to join in! Depending on what's left, I'm hoping to make some space-y ambient electronic music.

@GCJ Ha ha ... ha. Sorry about that. The front page and Project Overview have now been updated, and should match accordingly. Let me know if I've missed anything...

Space-y ambient? I'd suggest the Awesome Black Hole ... It's a short source, but an ambient remix could turn this truly creepy.

When you have made your decision, go ahead PM me a WIP. Looking forward to hearing it! :)

---

@TheChargingRhino - There was a ton of feedback from the Audio Support group on Cornerian Hall of Fame that was discussed almost a year ago that I have not received an update on. Say, @Pichu's Dad, have you had a chance to go over that mix?

And no, I have not forgotten about SCRAMBLE...

---

The WIP spreadsheet will be a little longer. I'll advise when I'm done on this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! Popping in to once again say I am still here and this project is still active!

@TheChargingRhino - Thanks for keeping the thread active and poking me form time to time. :) I did get your resubmitted track, I just haven't gotten to listening to it yet. I'll give you a PM with a review when I can.

@CmacProduction - I need to PM you with a review - there are a few things I'd like to go over before we call this done. I will be posting your track to the WIP Spreadsheet so folks can get a listen (which I will send a link to as well), and I'll see if I can get some volunteers to review your mix.

@Thirdkoopa - Could you please send me what you have on that arrangement when you can?

@Pichu's Dad, @Jorito, @Katamari, @M_Blacki, @Your_Face - Heads up! I will be sending three of the more complete tracks for review this weekend (this will include Cmac's track). Let me know if you're still on board!

@DS394 - PM me please!

Just a reminder for everyone to NOT post WIPs or album tracks to the main thread. There is a Discord group, an IM chat over the WIP spreadsheet, or PMs if you want to - we still want to keep the cat in the bag for now!

I know I am being slow, but in the meantime, if you contact me directly, I will respond. Once again, just because I'm being quiet doesn't mean nothing is happening - keep working on those tracks!

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album