Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

i remember recording the bassline for my song in the library at my alma mater (it was on an old oxygen 32 midi controller) during the beginning of my sophomore year. damn, that was forever ago.

Ah, I didn't know you were on the project the whole time. I remember the old project organizer wanting to make this a rap album lol. I sure do miss Majeliss and RTF though :(

Anyway, back on topic...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been over a year since my last post in this thread, which went something along the lines of "I can't wait to hear the remixes!"

so, what's the status of the project, guys? I think I heard something a few months back about the remixes being finished but the site still needed work... or that there are other projects scheduled to release before this one and you have to wait your turn... am I anywhere close? And do you have any predictions of when the remix album will actually come out?

it's been over a year since my last post in this thread, which went something along the lines of "I can't wait to hear the remixes!"

so, what's the status of the project, guys? I think I heard something a few months back about the remixes being finished but the site still needed work... or that there are other projects scheduled to release before this one and you have to wait your turn... am I anywhere close? And do you have any predictions of when the remix album will actually come out?

It still needs quite some work. I wouldn't expect it in the next 6 months

Actually, the biggest hold up now is the website and artwork. And cobaltstarfire is taking care of the artwork as we speak... So that leave about a half dozen remixes to be finished off and someone to design the page.

If we push it, we can be out for April-ish. But that would require being down by March-ish, leaving one month to set up said page, upload the album as needed, and wait for a spot in the album release schedule to open up.

So everyone that has a remix in Private or Public WIPs, get on it, you have four months. And again, we need someone to design the webpage. I've had people offer and then disappear when I contacted them, so I need someone that will actually stick around.

• 1 month later...

The website will follow the same basic structure and look of the other OCR project sites. Maybe people will stop PMing and emailing me asking "is this a real project?" when they see it.

My god, how can they keep asking that?

The website will follow the same basic structure and look of the other OCR project sites. Maybe people will stop PMing and emailing me asking "is this a real project?" when they see it.

Maybe I can quickly work on something, like a placeholder. Where would it be hosted? On my server?

So the template:

**big ass banner**
**horizontal navigation**
**content**
**footer** <= includes ocremix banner

We can discuss specifics over at our forums.

Wow, i just found this by accident when looking for pokemon remixes. Im a wee bit late to even attempt a remix. But i was wondering, does Poinko have the artwork done and dusted already? As soon as i saw this thread, i had a few ideas i could pitch, maybe some sketches... that is if the designs havent been finalised yet, which id imagine they are.

Anyway, cant wait to see the final result. Good luck.

Do you have a list of available tracks? Im not very experienced, but i can give something a go.

Also, im somewhat of a pixel artist, so if i can help with any little pieces of pixelart, id be honoured. There are some examples in my sig, and here http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/35566.htm#c204901 http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/35567.htm#c201459 http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/35583.htm and http://www.ff-xiii.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3927

Hey everyone. I too would love to do some artwork if possible. I volunteered my services in the Megaman 4 thread but I'm not exactly sure what that project's current status is.

You can see my stuff at http://www.jamiepogue.com (there's a link to my blog there as well). Thanks a lot and good luck!

(love Pokemon music by the way. The battle music in Ruby and Sapphire is still probably my favorite even if it was one of my less favorite games in the series)

edit: Love that Pokeball/vinyl image! Really great idea.

Id love to talk more about what exactly we need. Things have gone a little cold on the artwork side, so its great to see more enthusiasm. And maybe it'll spur on the remixers :D

from my understanding most of the tracks are finished...we're just waiting on artwork and a release date since there seems to be a waiting list....

OK, no offense to anyone, but who decided to just let people join randomly? I hadn't even been been gone one day, and suddenly we have a new artist?

Yes, Pixel has some nice stuff, but that didn't mean people should have just given him an account without asking me first. This may come off as something snooty and bossy, but last I heard, I was the one running the project. Please, in the future, ask me first.

Now, Pixel is already on the project boards, so I'm going to tell him now that he can not download everything done to date and start giving it out. Also, I'm not really interested in pixel art, but your pokéball LP player is more like what I'm looking for.

cobaltstarfire has taken over the artwork department. He's put out some great coloring of Poinko's art, and he's done with school for now, so he can concentrate on more artwork for now. I would suggest that any artwork matters go through myself first, and collaborate with cobaltstarfire as well. I know people want to do stuff and that's nice, but just going off on your own isn't a good use of the talent pool we have.

OK, Pixel, please PM me here so we can discuss things more. GAG, next time, please wait to hear from me first instead of personally inviting someone on your own.

As for remixes, I decided to stop taking any more submissions now. People have joined and done nothing, and there are still lots of WIPs to finish. I'll update the FAQ to relate this.

Sorry if this came off the wrong way, but some of us made decisions that weren't theirs to make. It's happened and it's over, but please don't do that again. It undermines the whole point of having a project director.