Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

The Damned

Ah man... Pokecenter mixes almost always seem hard to pull off. The old R/B & G/S Pokecenter music is so grating... hell, I'd say it only got tolerable for more than a few seconds just with Diamond & Pearl.

When you source tune can be annoying, it doesn't seem easy to make it rock.

I will have mad respect for you guys if you can make it work.

I truely am. For reals. I mean it. Seriously.

I just finished like 3 mixes. Made huge progress on 2 others. And am working on this and my Super Mario 64 mix. So ya. I'm alive and working.

I am just going no where fast.

2 years ago I liked this source, now I hate it.

Any chance I can pick a new one?

If not i'm gonna have to pull out. I'm just holding everyone back ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, we have a slight problem.

Willrock and Rozo have posted a Route 1 remix, but Protodome has also posted one as well. Will and Rozo got theirs up first, but not by much. Both are interesting and enjoyable remixes, but axing one over the other arbitrarily is kind of... arbitrary. It's not fair to anyone.

So, I guess the fairest and most transparent way is to have everyone else vote on it. Hit up the project forums and have a listen and a vote for the one you think should be carried on with. The other one can still try for an OCR acceptance, seeing how there is now a few Pokémon remixes already.

True, but I always felt having two of the same source was redundant. I have also already turned down other submissions that wanted to do an existing remix in the past, so it wouldn't be fair to them to suddenly change the rules.

I like the voting idea, but can't the less 'liked' one be a bonus track? Would be better than it being axed from the project.

Hmm...maybe we can release a Special Edition, with most of the same tracks, throw in one or two others, and then charge $40 for it.

Marketing gold!

I guess we can throw a few in. Maybe put them hidden somewhere on the website, and on the tracklist, put something like "Track 20: ???", sort of like unlocking the National PokéDex. It's a silly idea, but maybe something like that.

I hesitate to use little gimmicks like that, but it might be sort of fun to do. I'm kind of "meh" on the whole idea.

Oh, wait. Shiny Version. One will be the shiny version. That way, it's all good.

Oh yes... that.

Seeing how Soul Silver and Heart Gold are coming out in Spring 2010, I've decided that we will release this album then as well.

Maybe a little bit before, so people aren't so busy playing the games that they won't forget the album.

Unfortunately, seeing how the current release date for SS/HG is "Spring 2010" that doesn't really narrow it down.

There's a new topic in Annoucements about possible release dates.

Also, if any of the OCR staff would like to come on in and participate and/or see how far we are, and even start to work out a release date, by all means, hit me up via a PM. I think having some of you may help with any issues we have left.

And scare the remixers with WIPs into completing them. "Ooooooo, look out! DJP is coming to get you!"

• 2 weeks later...

The Pallet Town Tribune has requested that I participate in an interview with them for their podcast, WTPT Radio. Seeing as how they sent a hand written letter delivered by a squad of ninjas, I of course said "yes, I'd love to, please don't slice me up like a ham".

So, sometime between now and... sometime, you will be able to hear my terrible voice on the interwebs, answering questions that people like yourselves would come up with.

Hopefully, it will go incredibly well and nothing bad will happen in any way or form.

Well she stopped for a while...I think, did she start again cause if she did I need to start looking again.

Edit: PS If I make a midi for fun and it comes out ok, would someone on the project be willing to turn it into a pretty mp3 and stick it on the project as a bonus or some sillyness like that, I mean assuming I actually do anything. :P