Tetris Attack Album - Performing Prelude Portfolio of Puzzles (name pending)

Xaleph

Tetris Attack Album

tetris_attack.thumb.png.663ad79e8ad0f58be4757d765da3c585.png

This was a great game I played with my wife when we first got married nearly 20 years ago.  The original album project was set up at that time and I had accepted 3 songs.  The original thread is still around and there was plenty of interest at that time.  The songs I worked on I did a lot of it when I was sent to Louisiana for Hurricane Katrina relief (I built/maintained the supporting software for various gov't agencies, like power, rebuilding roofs, etc).  It was here that I had a lot of time (no internet, very little power except through the RV as there were no hotels) and being alone at night I just wrote music (3 songs).  In any case, I loved these songs and I wanted to put them towards the album - it was abandoned so I decided to start a new one.  I'm looking for people interested and will ask to move this to the album thread if I get enough interest.

I'm also thinking of possibly doing more puzzle game albums depending on how this one turns out.

I plan on programming the website - though I may recruit some highschoolers/college students (friend's kids) looking for experience to add to their resume.

Positions Recruiting:

• Remixers / Musicians
  • Art

Rules:

Each song has a core instrument/style of play to represent the character and its critical/panic.

• It is encouraged to use this instrument in creative ways throughout the piece (or versions of it).  For example, a prepared piano or different types of pianos within the piece.
  • The instrument needs to be a main part of the song in some way shape or form as it is to be highlighted.  If the song is "bass", just having a bass isn't enough - it needs to be celebrated.

What is an example of critical/panic vs normal?
Raphael the Raven (Lunar) stage and the panic/critical stage would both be a violin.  The normal stage would be playful violin but the panic/critical would be a horror violin style.

The actual genre of music could be anything as long as the normal stage has a positive vibe and the panic stage has an aggressive/panicked vibe.

• Panic can just be fast or a fast paced song/style/genre.  It doesn't mean over the top aggressive.

How do I know what instrument is to be highlighted?
I'll clearly add a list of each instrument corresponding to each character/stage below - though this is currently in progress.

What if I want to highlight a different instrument?
If both Normal and Panic stages are not taken, you can request a certain instrument to be featured (if we think it's a good fit, we'll change it).

Contacts:

Directors: Xaleph, Zack Parrish

Sources:

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/tetris-attack

https://www.zophar.net/music/nintendo-snes-spc/tetris-attack

Track List:

Available (14)

Not Started (6)

In Progress (4)

In Progress > 80% final touches  (0)

Ready to Master (1) 

Total: 24

[instrument featured]

Demo / Lip’s Stage [Drum Kit]
- Normal Stage Mel Decision
- Critical Stage
Yoshi Stage
- Normal Stage
- Critical Stage

Breeze Stage 1 (Lakitu) (Windy) [Voice]
- Normal Stage Souperion
- Critical Stage
Glacial Stage 2 (Bumpty) (Sherbert) [Trumpet / other high brass]
- Normal Stage Wassup Thunder (80%)
- Critical Stage
Forest Stage 3 (Poochy) (Thiana) [Acoustic Guitar]
- Normal Stage The Vodoú Queen (Acoustic/Slap Bass)
- Normal StageThe Vodoú Queen & Xaleph (5%)
Flower Stage 4 (Flying Wiggler) (Ruby) [Flute]
- Normal Stage
- Critical Stage

Water Stage 5 (Froggy) (Elias) [Piano]
- Normal Stage Emunator (20%)
- Critical Stage Xaleph (75%)
Blaze Stage 6 (Gargantua Blargg) (Flare) [Bass]
- Normal Stage Moebius 
- Critical Stage

Sea Stage 7 (Lunge Fish) (Naris) [Mallet? Dulcimer? Clav? Rhodes? Pads? - unsure]
- Normal Stage Thirdkoopa
- Critical Stage Xaleph (75%)
Lunar Stage 8 (Raphael the Raven) (Seren/Selene) [Violin]
- Normal Stage
- Critical Stage Xaleph and pointblanket (done)
Boss Stage (Hookbill the Koopa, Naval Piranha & Kamek) [Cello]
- Normal Stage Zack Parrish
- Critical Stage
Bowser's Stage (Bowser) [Low Brass]
- Normal Stage
- Critical Stage

Other songs are optional though I recommend you check out Encounter with Bowser as it's pretty awesome.

Edited by Xaleph

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there anyone doing the art? I'll be interested to contribute some art. I used to play Tetris Attack with my wife as well.

Is there any requirement you have in mind, Xaleph? I'll be happy to discuss.

I know I have not been around this forum for 10+ years, lol. I previously drew & painted the art for "Sound of Speed" (Sonic 1 album). You can also check out my works on my website: https://www.dennyiskart.com/

5 hours ago, dish said:

Is there anyone doing the art? I'll be interested to contribute some art. I used to play Tetris Attack with my wife as well.

Is there any requirement you have in mind, Xaleph? I'll be happy to discuss.

I know I have not been around this forum for 10+ years, lol. I previously drew & painted the art for "Sound of Speed" (Sonic 1 album). You can also check out my works on my website: https://www.dennyiskart.com/

I love your art, it’s really good!  I know of a few items we need, I can talk to the others to see what was required.  I know for sure we’d need an album cover and a logo.  I have a concert for my son tonight but I’ll be in discord later.

9 hours ago, Xaleph said:

I love your art, it’s really good!  I know of a few items we need, I can talk to the others to see what was required.  I know for sure we’d need an album cover and a logo.  I have a concert for my son tonight but I’ll be in discord later.

Could you post a link to your Discord? So far I lurk on other people's Discord servers, so I should know my way around. I hope so anyway, lol.