OCR04491 - Chrono Trigger "A Battle Across Time"

Liontamer

43 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

There are parts to this that feel more like jazz fusion, then parts that definitely hit like progressive rock - interesting blend, and Ron Burgundy would love the flute!!

I started the arrangement with a jazz fusion style on my mind, but prog rock started winning as I added more sections.

I’ll take a look at the piano tone the judges mentioned. I’m using NI’s “The Giant” which has a variety of possible sounds, but I’m intentionally tweaking it for an aggressive and bright sound. I probably overdid it haha.

Edited by jnWake

• 4 weeks later...

jnWake and Hakstok? Heck yeah. Long progressive tracks are rare nowadays, always love to see them. I didn't know @Ivan Hakštok played brass in the first place. Cool to hear "prog rock" that doesn't adorn electric guitar very much. This was quite the piece, and shows how much @jnWake has grown in the past 8 years!

Edited by timaeus222

17 hours ago, timaeus222 said:

jnWake and Hakstok? Heck yeah. Long progressive tracks are rare nowadays, always love to see them. I didn't know @Ivan Hakštok played brass in the first place. Cool to hear "prog rock" that doesn't adorn electric guitar very much. This was quite the piece, and shows how much @jnWake has grown in the past 8 years!

A small correction, I played bass, not brass. :D

12 hours ago, Ivan Hakštok said:

A small correction, I played bass, not brass. :D

There’s a mistake in the writeup post, what I said in the submission was:

For better results I recruited Hakstok to play bass and Lucas to play brass. Lucas then, in turn, contacted Gamer of the Winds for the woodwinds and that ended up forming a pretty neat team!”

Somehow it got copypasted wrong in the writeup!

• 4 months later...