Xbox 360

The Damned

...Age of Empires...Too bad never got the same appreciation as Blizzard RTSes....

What are you talking about because Ages of Empires was awesome back then!

I remember back in high school one of the comp labs there, all the computers there had a copy of AoE & AoEII and every day during lunch it would be packed with ppl having lan games. D:

I was wondering if anybody's Xbox has lasted at least a year before it got the Red Lights of Death.

I got my Xbox in July 2007 and the first time it broke it only lasted 8 months.

Got it repaired then it only lasted 10 months before breaking again.

Has anybody else had shitty luck or even worse luck than me?

My Xbox is on it's way back right now with it's new Jasper unit thank god.

But I forgot to mention the power supply when I called them. Do you think that may be a problem as well? I think so since all the newer Xbox's being produced have the power supply which uses less power.

I was wondering if anybody's Xbox has lasted at least a year before it got the Red Lights of Death.

I got my Xbox in July 2007 and the first time it broke it only lasted 8 months.

Got it repaired then it only lasted 10 months before breaking again.

Has anybody else had shitty luck or even worse luck than me?

My Xbox is on it's way back right now with it's new Jasper unit thank god.

But I forgot to mention the power supply when I called them. Do you think that may be a problem as well? I think so since all the newer Xbox's being produced have the power supply which uses less power.

My brother's xbox is one of the original release units. Still works perfectly.

My problem with Halo Wars, from what I played of the demo, is that it consists entirely of "build lots of units, tell all units to attack". That's... really dull. There was no way to assign groups, so you couldn't do any sort of strategy easily. There was no way to select more-than-one but less-than-all of your units easily, which meant that it was near-impossible to do even simple tactics like leaving some of your units behind for base defense or attack different targets simultaneously.

I'm not one of the "lulz mouse + keyboard better at everything!" types, but RTS games are really the exception. Halo Wars demostrates exactly what the problems with a console-based RTS game are. Hell, even turn based strategy games are fine, but RTS, where the time it takes to input commands actually matters? That's a different story...

I haven't played the demo just yet, though I wanna give it a shot. I vividly remember playing LOTR Battle For Middle Earth 2 on the 360, and honestly, I loved it. It was done well, at least to me it was. The controls did take some time to get use to, but I think the game did a good job of leading you in. Because towards the last few places, man, I was a lean mean button pushing machine!

• 2 weeks later...

If this isnt ok to post here im sorry ):

but

Im selling Resident Evil 5 Collectors edition for the 360. I bought the game and really wasn't thrilled with it like past resident evils.

You'll get everything from inside the box thats the game, bonus disc, bag, figure, patch, necklace, metal tin. I guess the price is $70.

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh. My RROD'd 360 is coming back since almost 1 month ago. Whenever you get an RROD, never trust Microsoft saying they're sending you a box. Just go to the UPS ASAP and get it over with. Dammit.

lol yeah that what i did. Ask for the USP sticker via email, print it, put it on a box and go yourself to usps. My 360 was back after 1 week.

1 week is pretty fast -_-;

Mine took about 2 weeks since the UPS mailing.

I'm sort of glad that my 360 broke down so spectacularly because Microsoft sent me an awesome new Jasper 360 that runs SILENTLY. It's really incredible. None of the loud console noise, the fan noise, none of it. I hear that you have to pull your teeth to get a new console if something like that ever happens to my Wii. I'm glad Microsoft is so eager to please and replace. Even if the whole process took me almost a month because of the box fiasco.

i recently bought a jasper, and it's pretty awesome. i wanted hi-def, and my old system was so bloody loud, even with a benq drive. the new jaspers all have the lite-on drive (which is bloody impossible to hack without special tools, hence why my drive's in brooklyn right now), which is increibly quiet, and the fans run like 50% less because of the significant power reduction. really, really nice. too bad MS hasn't publicized this yet.