Xbox 360

The Damned

I just managed to find a copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Xbox. Got the update, and I'm completely frustrated. The character sprites have glitches in them (I even saw the "hit" box, for a second on one of them). So now I see the problem everyone had with backwards compatibility, but it angers me even more with the fact that Halo 1 and 2 work perfectly fine on it, with absolutely no hitches in gameplay, but not every game does.

Why?

And yeah, welcome to three years ago with this issue, I know. But rarely do I find games like MvC2. I wonder how Shenmue 2 or Outrun 2 plays on it.

I think I just need to find an old Xbox and have my friend mod it so I don't have to keep the discs in it (ala install to hard drive!)

Of course, you didn't hear that... ;)

Eh, I took the game back, and got my money back and then went around and put it on the Special Edition of Street Fighter IV. Now I'm gonna dl ST2HD Turbo Remix, in support of OCR.

And that listing of problems on emulating original xbox games, sad, just freaking sad.

Maybe I can at least play Panzer Dragoon w/o a problem... maybe...

Just wanna give a shout to Senko no Ronde (awkwardly renamed WARTECH: Senko no Ronde by Ubisoft in the US/EU).

This is pretty much the best game I've played in a long time. A cross between a beat 'em up and a bullet-hell shooter (and apparently very much like the Sega game Virtual-On) it's one of the best VS. experience you can have. Xbox Live battles are a blast if you find a player so make sure you urge a few friends to buy it too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senko_no_Ronde

Seriously. Awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

So guys, I was wondering, think we could get one of those Community Playdate things going for OCR?

We got enough of us here to fill out a roster. We would most likely play SSF2HDR due to the site's obvious tie-in. Maybe throw in TF2 or L4D?

What do you guy think? Would you be interested?

So guys, I was wondering, think we could get one of those Community Playdate things going for OCR?

We got enough of us here to fill out a roster. We would most likely play SSF2HDR due to the site's obvious tie-in. Maybe throw in TF2 or L4D?

I am 100% down for team fortress 2 if this works out.

It'll have to be within the next month though.

A lot of OCR people already play L4D and TF2 -- on computer.

Not a big following for those games on the 360.

SF2HD? Sure

For 360 games, I've found that the best way to get in touch with people is via the IRC channel -- just ask around if anyone wants to play (especially SF2HD...it's quick and we're always looking for more players)

Not that I don't want you to build me one, or I don't want to build one myself. But I am a cheap ass, I just wouldn't buy anything but bear minimum.

I don't even own a 360.

why are you so active here, then? roomie's system?

that's how i started - i didn't own a 360 until last april, when i finally bought one.