The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Jus a guy tat has been in the forum for a few months.Came here 2 say hello 2 all who r new here.

Welcome, but just like I told pumahawk on the previous page, proper spelling and grammar go a long way around here. This is a forum, not a chat room, so you have all the time in the world to go over your post for any errors it may contain.

Jus a guy tat has been in the forum for a few months.Came here 2 say hello 2 all who r new here.

Welcome, but just like I told pumahawk on the previous page, proper spelling and grammar go a long way around here. This is a forum, not a chat room, so you have all the time in the world to go over your post for any errors it may contain.

Well i think i had been told i have bad grammar by many ppl.But hey, how do u aspect a 14 year old kid 2 rite?Its not tat easy 2 find all my grammar mistakes.

It should be easy to find mistakes such as those.

to/too > 2

that > tat

are > r

right > rite

You get what I'm saying.

Exactly. Nobody expects you to type with perfect grammar, but at least stop using abbreviations and substitutes for words, like 4 instead of for, r instead of are. You get the idea.

Just to give you fair warning, proper spelling and grammar go a long ways around here. Like I said in my post above, people get flamed whenever they post with bad spelling and grammar. Of course, a few typos are bound to happen. Those are no big deal. Just try to avoid using AIM/leet speak and don't forget to use that shift key and you'll do fine.

Yep. One of the things people tend to forget is that it's a forum, not a chatroom. You've got plenty of time to come up with a response and type it out correctly, it's never a matter of seconds.

Been here almost a year and still have horrible grammar, although my posting habits have improved over the last little bit.

So what they are saying to all you newblets is that there are some people in this forum who are very anal about posting. Now this is a toughie considering if you post to little of words your just postwhoring and are too dumb to respond intelligently. If you make a long assed post they also bitch because you wrote a novel and they are too lazy to read it. My advice is to not be annoying and yet still be yourself, you will win the respect of many people in here if you do just that.

Oh and one more thing sarcasm is a pretty overused thing around these parts especially in UnMod, so beware if you cannot handle that sort of thing.

Went on a tangent and I forgot to say welcome to all of you and I hope you enjoy your stay in OCR, feel free to PM me if you are in need of assistance. :D

Greetings fellow gamers and artists,

How ignorant was I, I just found out about this site a few hours ago and been browsing it ever since. I congratulate everyone for this effort, it must be one of the best for what it has to offer.

I always loved experimental remixes of original songs and melodies I love, and I don't think them as easy solutions for an artist to get fame and glory and their mixes as songs that give a bad name to their originals, as many people do. On the contrary, I love to hear different versions of a melody that once accompanied me to my journeys, metaphorically of course. And games are a good example. Even among my first mp3 downloads, about 6 years ago, there were tetris and pacman trance remixes and so on. Glad to find a community such as yours.

I am ... what am I? Well, everyone chooses a unique way to describe himself. Typically, I am a 22 year old Greek student that lives in Athens and studies Digital Systems in the University of Pireaus. But a job, a study, does not define you as a person. So I leave all further character info for future posts.

I'm in similar 'business' (but pleasure) myself, I have founded and run a movies community in greece and recently (around 5 months ago) we created our website. It's mostly about movies, but we try to cover all art areas (games, music, books etc.). An art is subjective and it touches and amazes us differently. An art is an expression of ourselves. Such are the ideas we try to promote. All texts for now are in greek, but I'd love to see some members from abroad, since the english language is always welcome.

Take care folks,

hope I'm here to stay,

Crus

hullo.

i'm visiting from vgmix having been alerted to rexy's dragon quest project.

i spent about a decade tracking starting with modedit in 1991 (four massive channels bulging with 8khz crystal clear samples), moved on to scream tracker, then impulse tracker, took a few years off, now i'm tampering with cubase, VSTis, and live instruments (guitar, bass, chapman stick, keyboard/synth, drumkit from hell superior, etc).

i blame my renewed interest in remixing vgmusic on dwelling of duels entirely. good stuff that.

nice to meet ya'll.

-= george =-

Can I adopt him? Pretty please ^_^

Be a good boy and don't scare him...and to the newbie...your not really scared of tigers are you?

Nah just joking! I think that would be an awesome idea and that it should be done more often than not. Welcome my friend. :D

Can I adopt him? Pretty please ^_^

Be a good boy and don't scare him...and to the newbie...your not really scared of tigers are you?

Nah just joking! I think that would be an awesome idea and that it should be done more often than not. Welcome my friend. :D

Nah, not scared, being a white wolf as I am :P

And indeed, it's a good idea - I could use it too, Sir Arek explained it to me by pm, so I'm officially under his protection now!

Thanx Gaea, greetings to you and to my 'dad'! :P:lol:

Oh my god, I've been browsing this site for some endless days now, doing much nothing else, I hope this never ends!

But I'll hold my thoughts and reviews for now, I'm not so familiar with the technical jargon, I'm into more psycho/philosophical things myself and when I first hear a new remix, its what emotions you get that matters, not how technically perfect it is.

Hello, I was lead here through admiring an animation called "The Doom Project", where the music was mixed by the talent found here, it sparked alot of interest and I found myself requesting already :D

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself here so people know I'm around ;)

Thanks

- Jamrd

Greetings, VG enthusiasts. If you can believe it, I lurked for over two years with a previous account, but it was recently deleted for having zero posts. Perhaps I should post more this time around.

If anyone can say where my name comes from, you're a blinding flash and a deafening retort.

Yo!

Well, i've been going to this site for years now, but never actually bothered signing up, or even going to the forums. So I finally decided to come take a look around, and you all seem like a fine bunch of chaps, so I signed up.

At least, hopefully your all nice. I mean, you could all be putting that up as a front to lure innocent people like me here, then when i'm least expecting it............Nah, you wouldn't do that...............would you?..........