PRC100: It's a Swingin' Web-spinnin' Celebration! (Spider-Man / X-Men) [RESULTS]

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 100

PRCv4-22

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

It's anniversary time once again. Before I start though, who would have thought I'd start a PRC on my birthday? And odder than that, who would have thought I'd kick off PRC100 when I turn 21? :D

But enough about the festiveness for now. For this special PRC event we have a few tricks up our sleeves. I don't have the fundings for any PRC memorabilia at the moment, but we do however have prize potential outside of that.

And when there's prizes, there's a twist and a cracking source tune. We will get to the twist when we get to the rules; for now, our source tune provider for PRC100 is from one of OverClocked Remix's senior judges and the bearer of the most colorful pubefro around - Larry "Liontamer" Oji.

It's Tim Follin again. The guy's a great musician, and I feel he gives the potential arranger a lot to work with.

There is a LOT of material to work with, allowing one to avoid complete sections of the composition and only focus on that which inspires them. And if you have a musical mind, you'll be able to think of lots of ways of adapting it and adding your own original ideas.

Enjoy, and good luck y'all. I'll be around to check on this one.

Are you ready for your source, ladies and gents? Because THIS is what you will be working with.

prc100.gif

Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge - Spider-Man's Stage

MIDI | MP3 | SPC

Now what is all this in aid of? Well, I still need confirmation from Larry on whether he's willing to or not, but odds are if you do really well with your track, he might even put you on Dirge of the Follin. It might be seen as a definite prize for the winner, but I still need more thought on that.

What I DO have thought on however, is that for one PRC only, this will be an ANONYMOUS CONTEST! That means that the music needs to do all the talking if you need to get up there, and there's two weeks to do it in, so what are you waiting for?

And now, I leave you to it. Start using your Spider-senses, people. :lol:

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. There is no limit on entry format or song length, but length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be emailed to submission@doulifee.com by TUESDAY, AUGUST 14th at 4:59am Eastern US Time. I will upload all entries that are submitted at the Compo ThaSauce link under the artist name "Anonymous PRC Contestant", and will reveal the artists once the contest is over.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

Ah great! More rockin' Follin tunes! =P

I'm pretty sure I'll be joining the mixing, while I don't have any cool ideas yet, I'll definitely come up with something. I'm happy that I got that wah-wah pedal for my guitar recently, so maybe I'll come up with something with that (since Follin uses it here too). I'll just say this source tune is going to be a bitch to remix, let alone improve on it, so it's definitely a challenge to win here =P.

Edit: Happy birthday by the way, I forgot to say that! =D

I dunno if I'm even allowed to participate in this round because of the special situation, but I'll probably be sitting out anyway. I need to focus my attention on writing and preparing for an AP discussion on the 9th (haven't started reading the book assignment yet >.<). And I have a little project of my own to see to, anyway. Not to mention I'll be gone half the time this competition is going on.

Ok, enough excuses for now.

Just to let you all know...I have chosen the next source tune. If you tried to say "extremely popular" and "completely ignored" at the same time, that game would appear in a massive explosion. I'm looking forward to it, and good luck to everyone participating in this round! I'll be around to vote.

And I'm working on an advertising sig, if anyone wants one. I'm putting more work into it, which usually means you'd better get out your sunglasses if you value your life.

EDIT: Ok, here's what I came up with. I tried to use that title-screeny thing, but I didn't like how everyone was covered up. So I just found some random pictures and there you go.

8c368984.png

Let me know if I made some awful mistake or if it burns your eyes or something.

Oh man, Spider-Man / X-men! I have this game for the Genesis. I guess this song is from the SNES version, because it sounds a LOT better. Especially Breifing, Gambit, and of course, Spider-Man's theme. And Storm's theme is all ambient and stuff!

Larry talking about it made me go dig up the game again. It be HARD. 'Specially Gambit and Storm's stage. Rargh.

ANYWAYS, I would love to make a remix of this song. But I doubt that I'll have the willpower/ideas/I'm a procrastinator. Still I can't wait to see the results.

And a happy birthday to Rexy also!

Ain't NOBODY gets a free pass into the Follin project. You gotta deliver. But if you've got something good, and it's not quite ready for primetime, I'll help ya through!

How would I guess you'd say something like that? :lol: That's one of the reasons why I opted for an Anonymous contest this time around, heh.

Just out of question, whatif the winning track is one that you would refuse to put on the project? What do you think should I give the winner other than "bragging rights", per se?

Thanks for the birthday wishes for yesterday all :)

With a few hours to go, we only have one entry. Even if more people chip in and we have enough for a voting stage in time for the actual deadline, I'm not going to be there to set it up anyway due to being out of town for most of tomorrow. An extra 24 hours has been added to the alotted time, so make sure you use it well.

Right, the entries are online. However, due to issues with ThaSauce's flood control at the moment, the first few hours of the voting stage will run a little differently.

What you should do is listen to the entries and then if you don't wish to wait for the voting to be ready at ThaSauce, you can send me a PM with your vote (the ballot will be added once the vote servers come online). You just pick out three tracks and rank them from first to third. The contestants don't need to put their own entry in as they automatically get a first place vote.

You have until Saturday, August 18th at 4:59am EST to submit your vote. If Larry digs the winner's work, they might get acceptance onto Dirge for the Follin.

August

Bad Bb Bricolage

Flashing Blue Bits

Uncanny Orchestra