Condolences/Prayers/Best Wishes to Reuben Kee's Family

djpretzel

When I first came into this website, I was looking for Metal Gear Solid remix. I downloaded a few of them and frankly, Reuben's music is my favourite! I am really impressed by his remixes. His music brings images flipping into my mind and I can see the story he's trying to say in his music. There was a few time I replayed his music over and over again for so many times!

I brought his music to my work place to share it with my colleagues. They too love it and get immersed by his remixes. My colleague took my place and kept replaying it over and over again... To me, some of his remixes had surpass the original soundtrack of the games.

We were deeply saddened by his departure from this world.. A true talent who played his music with his soul. A great lost to the community. The only thing he left behind for the people here is the passion that comes in all of his musics. He will always be remembered..

My condolence to his family. Take care.

I am purely a listener and fan of much of the music offered here at OC Remix, so I am not going to act like I knew Reuben Kee or his family.

However, I knew his music and I respect what he did in such a short time in this world. I may have had no impact on Reuben's life, but the fact that I frequently listen to his works and take them with me quite often is a testament to what he was able to accomplish and contribute.

With all respect to everyone who contributes to OC Remix, truly, one of the best artists has been lost. Know Reuben that your music is still in the hearts and minds of even the most casual fans.

Though I only had the privilege of speaking with Reuben online a few times, I was profoundly saddened when I learned of his passing. I did not know him closely as a friend, as others might have. However, from the times I did interact with him online, he showed himself to be nothing less than a friendly, respectful, and joyous man. His music reflected a true passion and love for art; yet despite his popularity throughout our community, he was genuinely modest. Reuben seemed so happy simply to share his creations with us.

I give my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Reuben was and is an incredible musician. His music always swept me away to another world. The amount of emotion he put into his composition, arrangement, and performance is some of the best I have ever heard in my entire life. For being such an incredible musician he was always extremely humble. I can honestly say I will be listening to Reuben's songs for years and years to come.

My condolences to Reuben's Dad, Mummy, & Sis,

Sorry for the loss of your only son. Im sure he's truly a special individual even though I do not know him at all.

His music has brought people of all genres in Singapore together.

Those notes that he played since the age of two has somehow sculptured him as a unique young man & friend & a son.

I beliv he will make his best music ever and play them for God. Therefore his talent does not end here at all......

Through his pic tures, amid those those smiley faces, I knew that he has so much artistry & soul embedded in him which singles him out from the rest....

Im sure Reu misses his family so much esp his Mummy,

I just want you to be happy Reu & Pls Do not be afraid ! The angels will LEAD the way.... when you cross over..

I'm sad to say I never really knew Reuben, with the exception of his music. However, his music speaks volumes about the person he was. Emotional, passionate, heartfelt, and warm, his music truly touched me every time it reached my ears, and will continue to do so forever.

It's difficult to comprehend such a young and talented person being taken from the world, and I'm sure we will never understand it. I can only pray that Reuben's music continues to grow in the hearts of all those who hear it, and that the Kee family and all those affected by this incomprehensible tragedy will soon find solace for their grief.

I fancy myself as a bit of a writer, by hobby and perhaps one day profession, but even I am lost in trying to find words in such a situation such as this. I suppose I can best state it like this:

RIP, Reu. You will be missed by ears, and more importantly, hearts, around the world. May the Kee family and all others impacted soon find peace. Reuben Kee's song will forever play in the hearts of us all.

As I said in the other thread a few days ago, it's a shame when someone who's just getting started in their life has it taken from them. Having such a tragedy come to pass during an event that was supposed to be happy and festive makes it sting just a bit more for those who knew him.

I never spoke with Reuben, nor have I ever heard his remixes and original music. But this fact doesn't prevent me from extending my condolences to you, his family and friends. Your loss was great, and my heart goes out to you as you make your way through this extremely hard time. If it's any small measure of confront, know that this thread shows you're not alone in your grieving, as the remixing community is sharing in some of your pain. Your son and friend touched a lot of people with his music.

To the Kee family - and other loved ones - of your beloved son,

Reuben was a unique person, with special talents and gifts. He crafted some of the most beautiful music I have ever listened to. His heart and passion, expressed in the poetic melodies of his songs, touches my soul and stirs my spirit, even now. I did not know him, but I would have liked to, and hope that I may yet, some day.

More powerful than his music though, he seems to have been a generous person, with a loving heart for people, especially children. Those children he worked with won't easily forget him. The investment he made in loving them and teaching them is of greater value than anything else.

You know his heart and his passions. You know the depth of his love for you, and for his community. I'm merely a foreigner who did not truly know him, or you. I don't know what he believed, or what truths he held to, nor do I know your beliefs. However, I pray that you, as his family, are bound together in love in this time of sorrow. I pray that our loving God will comfort you in your mourning. My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you. I encourage you, to draw close to God, who loves you all, and who loves Reuben very dearly. He knows the pain of losing a beloved son, and the suffering of each of your hearts. Reuben is precious to the Lord, as are you.

Many weep and mourn over Reuben's passing, and though this probably brings little comfort to you, know that he was significant in some way, to many people that never even knew him. He is missed deeply.

The Lord bless you, and keep you,

The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you.

The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.

- In the love of Jesus,

John.

I am stunned for a whole quarter of the hour reading and reading again the thread on the front page. This is not happening.... but it did.

I have visited OCR since 3 years ago and Reuben is one, if not the best, of the most inspiring artist I've came across. His works on OCR is quite limited, but ALL of them are god's gifts to game music lovers, including me.

Never had I felt such a lost of words in grief for someone I never met in real life of. I am sincerely saddened and sorry for this... my deepest condolescences to Kee's family.

For me, as somebody of the same age as Reuben, it felt strange (please excuse the choice of words) to learn that he has left. I admire him for what he has achieved. As most of us, I did not know him personally, but I deeply enjoyed his work. As an artist of his age, he has made considerable achievements. I - who haven't used my time as he has - regret that he will not be able to keep pursuing his goals and dreams. My condolences to anybody who appreciated him as a person, as I appreciated his work.

Hi guys your tasks in this world has completed & A New Journet Begins.. So long & take care, you'll be miss by many

this songs are for you & your loved ones....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-gZOEt-Jlo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLC73DB7jE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqEx3Kta64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOR_jq9M53c&feature=related

I had never bothered to create a profile for OC, until when I read what happened - I had to make one. Reuben-san's music is some of the most impressive work I have ever heard; I've always held him among my favorite musical artists. Talent like his does not grow on trees. I am very sad that he will no longer be with us; his is a great loss to the music community, as well as to his family, I am sure. I will never forget the beauty he created, and I hope no one will.

I bow to you, Reuben Kee... Keep the memory alive, everyone.

Whenever I go on OCR, I head straight for the non-remixes section to see what new music Reuben comes out with. It's one of the things I looked forward to the most around here.

Here's one for a talented son, friend, and musician. Your legacy lives on in your music and our memories.

Rest in peace. :-(