Anime

Gafgarion

Mostly I'm interested in the equivalent of a drama right now--or something intelligent/profound. I wouldn't mind something in the vein of: Death Note, Ergo Proxy, Simoun, Basilisk, Vampire Knight or Kaiba (before it went crazy).

Any suggestions would be appreciated...well almost any.

As of right now, Natsume no Yuujinchou (Book of Friends). It's genuinely a thought provoking series without the headiness of sci-fi shows (like Ghost in the Shell).

Also, some of its episodes had some of the most melancholic and bittersweet moments I've seen in any entertainment media in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm such a sucker for Clamp in general - with that said I'd have to say that Code Geass R2 was probably my favorite Anime this summer. I thought that it was going to lose some steam since season one broke the 'novelty barrier' so to say. They really added a lot of great twists to the series and some new concepts that made the second season feel fresh. I do feel that if a third season rolls out, however, it's going to be more difficult to keep the same feeling.

With that said, I still haven't seen the last episode. I don't want to watch it half-heartily in the morning before work, so I have to find some way of getting some free time at night between studies, kid and pregnant wife to watch it =/.

The music for this series is amazing, and I plan to start remixing concept work soon (suggestions are always welcome).

Holy. Crap. Code Geass.

You did NOT just do that.

I still love this series. Also Macross Frontier is pretty amazing as well. This has been a good summer for anime and once Geass is over, season 2 of Gundam 00 starts up again. I hope you're still fully secured in those chairs kiddies, 'cause this awesome ride is far from over.

I'd say Shugo Chara has had a whole great year (easily the best magical girl series ever made. Just amazing writing and production) and Geass sorta feels like it's falling apart but it's still a very good watch if at least for the gossip factor.

Still waiting for the new ef series and the new Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (pseudo-sequel to Higurashi).

First off, thanks for recommending Natsume I-N-J-I-N (that is the last time I'm bothering with all those hyphens).

As to Geass R2, it is still fun to watch but it is not as moving as it used to be. By trying to constantly surprise people, they seem to be ignoring certain factors (such as Toudou not being competent, Schneizer seeing a nation's people as its most important component, seven coming after six rather than nine, the importance of having someone to balance LL's character, the emperor being awesome). Sorry about the vagueness, trying to avoid blatant spoilers.

Alright. Im going to ask just because Im clueless. I know a dozen or so people that say Code Geaas. or whatever it is, is like Awesome, I seen it on my TV Guide thing on Dish Network ONCE. couldnt watch it cause i was going out.

What is it?

Im a Bleach fan. So Code Geaas is unknown to me <_<

This could be a possible detriment to your enjoyment of Code Geass, or anything good for that matter.

Not really, he just has to be open-minded and go without expectations and let his judgement come naturally. I never imagined I would enjoy Eureka 7 when I saw it. I was just looking for a mecha anime and while it did have that, it had much more to where its now part of my library.

As to Geass R2, it is still fun to watch but it is not as moving as it used to be. By trying to constantly surprise people, they seem to be ignoring certain factors (such as Toudou not being competent, Schneizer seeing a nation's people as its most important component, seven coming after six rather than nine, the importance of having someone to balance LL's character, the emperor being awesome). Sorry about the vagueness, trying to avoid blatant spoilers.

I agree. In terms of its raw plot points, some are just ridiculous, incredulous or outright stupid. It's like none of the Black Knights have any brains. "ooh, Zero 'betrayed' us so we must act against him even when we know he's up to crazy mindgames every day". It's like they forgot how cunning LeLouch was from the beginning and that's just infuriating because it looks like the characters are dumber than they let on.

And speaking of Eureka 7, there's that new Bounen no Xamdou show that is made by the exact same staff and it basically has the same quality of storytelling and animation quality. I think Playstation Network has them, but pirates are putting it out on the net anyway. And totally apparently online piracy video sites like Crunchyroll.

And speaking of Eureka 7, there's that new Bounen no Xamdou show that is made by the exact same staff and it basically has the same quality of storytelling and animation quality. I think Playstation Network has them, but pirates are putting it out on the net anyway. And totally apparently online piracy video sites like Crunchyroll.

I'll have to check it out, thanks~! :)!!

Also whatever became of that gif where that girl perpetually ate what looked like a huge cookie..? :lol:

Been watching Eureka Seven through Netflix. It sort of dragged in the the 10-20 range but finally picked back up after Eureka got over her sickness. It's nice to have an anime with two characters that seem to officially be in love, a couple, and it all happening when the show is halfway over instead of at the end.

Netflix has became a great way to watch anime that's already out and be able to relax on a couch instead of in front of my stupid computer.

I'll have to check it out, thanks~! :)!!

Also whatever became of that gif where that girl perpetually ate what looked like a huge cookie..? :lol:

Hmm, that was Bamboo Blade. A not-too-serious sports anime with lots of cute, funny antics. That show is waiting for the manga to catch up so it can have another season. It was a bit of an unexpected hit.

• 4 weeks later...