OCR02348 - Wild Arms "Succumb to the Wilderness"

djpretzel

This track is absolutely gorgeous - it really carries a vast solitude in a desert image that you get from Wild ARMS. I remember telling Jade that I shed a minitear when I heard the track for the first time about 2 years ago. Stevo did an amazing job here in nailing the atmosphere and having an emotive feel in this song, and this really goes down as one of the best mixes this year IMO.

I love Stevo's work here, I think it's amongst his best if not his best work so far. Hopefully he can top it in the future :) .

I've been looking forward to this album for a long time. This ReMix nails the western genre feel in the beginning before hitting harder with Stevo's trademark guitar shredding, which took it up another level. This was a perfect way to open up the flood and it really gets you pumped up. The opening with the acoustic guitar and western sounds set the whole song up amazingly. The whistle ending........oh damn, man, that had me grinning from ear to ear, because it just fit so perfectly. This painted the picture of Wild Arms very well. Nice work.

Stevo, I love you, you sly dawg :nicework: I gotta be honest, I'm totally craving your Pod HD right now though. The sample you showed me had great lower-end tone and presence.. it saddens me to say that this is of a similarly crispy nature to your Rad Racer remix, and the kick drum is similarly undefined (and I totally listened on studio monitors this time, not headphones!) But I know you have improved with recent acquisitions or are improving right now from what you showed me. So I'm sorry to bring it up, but I gotta be honest. :cry:

But wait, there's more -- I really liked the arrangement. I'd go as far as to say I loved it. Great western vibes and nice solo melodies that reach out beyond the sizzly guitars and the muffly drums. :lol: Really some great performance and arrangement here, and the whistle ending was pure class. There's probably some age to this track by now, so I am very excited to start hearing your new stuff with the Pod HD. Great work on this. :nicework:

Very Western source. I can see how he might've wanted to go in a Morricone direction initially, but I'm glad enough that he managed to come through with something regardless of change.

So it starts off beautifully with some nice lone acoustic work to the fitting abyss soundscape, before steadily building its way to the melody at 0:54. Anyone who's heard Stevo's works in the past should understand his style of arranging, though he does everything possible to shake things up within the backing elements and manipulation of the melody between the two main riffs. It's still a very classy arrangement and fits well with his more 'alternative' musicality.

I give credit where credit is due; sometimes when hearing some of his work his timing can be off, usually with the leads or rhythms, but this time around I've managed to sense more of a sense of tightness this time around. And for most of the time the production managed to come through with some well filled out space with the recorded guitars; not sure if I'm a fan of the chippy synth accompanying the wolf whistle right at the end as tended to pierce a little bit through my speakers, but it's still a pretty way to end it.

So, way to go Stevo! What a way to lead the mix post flood for the Wild Arms album; I can say you made Jade proud :)

This is quite possibly one of my favorite VGM sources ever and Stevo definitely did it justice here. The guitar, acoustic and electric, are both amazing. I love the liberties taken with the melody during the second run-thru too. The whistling at the end is great too... you really can't do this theme without whistling. Overall this rendition of the theme captures the spirit of Wild Arms perfectly and is a great opening track for the album. Great job!

Would love to hear more remixes in a similar style on the site. Very pretty and very awesome. I feel like the drums could be brought up a smidge in the beginning acoustic section. I like the transition to electric 1:44. Nice choir around 2:13. Great playing and great drum sequencing and fills. At 3:30, I liked the whistle but was not feeling the pluck-y synth, made for a good ending either way though. Great song

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02348 - Wild Arms "Succumb to the Wilderness"