OCR01884 - Command & Conquer: Red Alert "Hell March to the Apocalypse"

djpretzel

hey dude, those responses are far from wildly negative. :-)

kickass track still/

I guess, save for this comment: "Awful. The orchestra did not fit the main melody really well, and generally sounded like a cheap knock-off cover (Which it was). Reminds me of SnM by Metallica, except that SnM worked, but this did not at all"

(which, by the way, is a very, very funny comment)

The comments I guess are mostly split 50/50 between "Hey, cool!" and "Ho-hum"/"This sucks"

I'm tempted to register and ask them to elaborate on their opinions but I figure that there's probably no use in arguing with fanboys.

I guess, save for this comment: "Awful. The orchestra did not fit the main melody really well, and generally sounded like a cheap knock-off cover (Which it was). Reminds me of SnM by Metallica, except that SnM worked, but this did not at all"

I lol'd at that comment (mainly because he called SnM a success, but also because of how wildly wrong he was about the track). Most of the audience there basically don't like orchestra (who doesn't like orchestra in music?! :neutral:) Ah well, you can't please everyone. Your song was great, no doubt about it - now make another :)!!.

(which, by the way, is a very, very funny comment)

Haha, I used to think S&M was pretty good until I heard the orchestral rock fusions from this community and how much more cohesively they could work together (especially goat's stuff), so I don't really believe that guy has any idea what he's talking about. I'd just ignore him.

Gario: Keep up with Dwelling of Duels for more PoD.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been listening to this one since DoD days, but for some reason it doesn't feel quite as epic or intense as I remember it (I don't have the DoD version anymore, so maybe this is a cut-down version from that :? ) There's a lot of neat ideas here and they're executed well, though, and it's a great expansion on the original (which I just checked out a couple of days ago because of this song.) Not one of PoD's most amazing mixes but I definitely like the mood the song was created in, and some of the guitar riffs in particular are quite good in this context.

It's refreshing to see such a talented artist branching out and doing all sorts of styles like this, from blues to jazz to metal... Keep it up PoD :-D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

WOW! So many memories with come flooding back hearing this. The year that Red Alert came out was one Christmas that could not have arrived any slower for me. At the time there was a trailer for the game and Hell March was the music that accompanied it. I remember it giving me goosebumps then but yes. So good. Such a fantastic update to a fantastic source-tune. The mix of orchestral and metal here is just delicious. While the arrangement here is what conveys a lot of the power and grandioisity, the production minutely misses the opportunity to emphasize this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01884 - Command & Conquer: Red Alert "Hell March to the Apocalypse"