ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to DDRKirby(ISQ) Send a message via Yahoo to DDRKirby(ISQ) Send a message via Skype™ to DDRKirby(ISQ)
Alright, I did it. I now have 19 instances of FL Slicer going on, no more Slicex. Hope you guys are happy ;P
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Jason
Tanooki Mario (+1500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Jason Covenant Send a message via Skype™ to Jason Covenant
Sorry I didn't get to responding to this earlier, but it's been a busy week. Looks like you guys resolved it without me though. Nice work. DDR, there's a list in the original post of things you can and can't use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory of N View Post
I mean you can do what SliceX does without using SliceX. It just makes it faster. So nothing in the mp3 will sound much different, if at all, whether you use it or not.
That's kinda the whole point -- that it's more challenging with the limitations placed on the tools we're using while still trying to achieve the same results one would with more powerful tools.

The reason for using the demo version as the standard is that it's free and still contains many easy-to-use tools. Indeed, what PH said.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to DDRKirby(ISQ) Send a message via Yahoo to DDRKirby(ISQ) Send a message via Skype™ to DDRKirby(ISQ)
Yeah, I should have double-checked the list, so I guess it's on me for not being careful, haha. Well, it wasn't quite so bad in the end anyways, once I got off my lazy butt and did it.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Cal
Abobo (+600)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post
The reason for using the demo version as the standard is that it's free and still contains many easy-to-use tools. Indeed, what PH said.
The other reason (or at least the one that makes sense to me) is so that anyone can join in listening to the flps and not just the people who paid money for FL. This way someone could just download the demo and join in the voting or whatevs
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerothemaster View Post
The other reason (or at least the one that makes sense to me) is so that anyone can join in listening to the flps and not just the people who paid money for FL. This way someone could just download the demo and join in the voting or whatevs
Except AFAIK the demo version of FL studio also includes the demo version of slicex, which you can still use for listening purposes, so that's a nonissue. Just like how the FL demo projects use Slicex, and Sytrus, and Toxic, and whatever. You just can't save your Slicex work.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Cal
Abobo (+600)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRKirby(ISQ) View Post
Except AFAIK the demo version of FL studio also includes the demo version of slicex, which you can still use for listening purposes, so that's a nonissue. Just like how the FL demo projects use Slicex, and Sytrus, and Toxic, and whatever. You just can't save your Slicex work.
But at least some of those demos will either delete themselves when opened on a demo version or randomly drop out sound because they hate puppies and the smiles on children's faces.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Ah yes, you're right. Huh, doesn't that mean some of the FL demo projects will have random drops in sound? Some of them do use Toxic IIRC.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Cal
Abobo (+600)

Quote:
Ah yes, you're right. Huh, doesn't that mean some of the FL demo projects will have random drops in sound? Some of them do use Toxic IIRC.
I'm sure there's a programmed override for something like that. I'm by no means an expert :P
Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 AM
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Aaaaand I'm done, after 14 hours of work (says the FL project info). I'm used to making things in ~3 hours, maybe 6 hours max including tweaking/mixing/mastering time, so this was crazy.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Nathan Becker
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Aaaaand I'm done, after 14 hours of work (says the FL project info). I'm used to making things in ~3 hours, maybe 6 hours max including tweaking/mixing/mastering time, so this was crazy.
Wow, so this tune is like 80 minutes long?