ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 11-22-2008, 04:06 AM
Ryan
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Polo, I was wondering if anybody else picked up on that. This screams Earthbound to me. Or, well, sort of mutters it in a David Lynch-esque fashion. If Earthbound had a secret warp area, this would totally be its soundtrack.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Eino Keskitalo
Evil Ryu (+1800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I enjoy this one very much. Sparsity of the instrumentation is good. Sounds tired, in a good way.

--Eino
Old 11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
atmuh, Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Bologna Did It
I can't say that I like this one all that much. It's very repetitive and there really isn't all that much substance to it. It's kind of nice to listen to for a little bit but not for the full duration of the song.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Casey Letarte
Chrono (+800)

This is deffinately a sleeper hit..........i need a cup o' joe after listening to it for too long. I like it.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Ryan Howard
Goomba (+100)

I just wanted to say that I used this song to cure the small bout of insomnia I had the other night - it's perfect for calming down and relaxing. I'm interested to hear what else you can do - please do post the updated version, I think it'd be very nice to hear.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Drew Wheeler, Take Flight/The Sound of Speed Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

this is great...

on drugs!!!

really, this is beautiful.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Mike C.
Dan Hibiki (+50)

I liked it. Gave me the whole "mellow, chilling and smoking" vibe, which was really nice. I'm also fighting off a yawn because of said vibe. Only thing I wish the mix contained was more of it, since I feel that just two minutes of this stuff wasn't enough. Still, there's a repeat button for a reason. :D

Old 12-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Jason
Dan Hibiki (+50)

This is the kindof track Mario would enjoy after a long day of surf, sun, and placing himself upon small blips that represent levels.
But I really enjoyed this mix, it's relaxing, sincere, and it reminds me of my Mario all star days.
I'm also reminded of Buckethead's "for mom" song.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Evan P
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I too wish there was more to it; I pretty much just hit record as soon as I figured it out, instead of giving myself time to add more to it. I have tried to re-record it though, and it never comes out sounding quite as good as this one. I might try it again, with some more instrumentation maybe.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Kaiser Farooque
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

This just came on my MP3 player. First thought was "I didn't know I had Under the Bridge on... wait, that's the SM3 warp theme..." Looks like I wasn't the only one catching a Red Hot Chili Peppers vibe from it. (Under the Bridge is probably my favorite song of theirs--slight aside.)

It's good. I really don't think it needs a re-record; it already sounds pretty solid. My thought is that mellow tracks work well with a minimalist approach, and so the simplicity works in its favor for this track. Additional instruments would change its flavor.

Anyway, rather than worry about redoing this track, why not go for another one entirely? There're plenty of other themes that could do with a little mellow treatment, and a new track could provide some fresh perspective if you're looking to mix things up a bit more. KF

Tags
electric-guitar, live-recording, mellow