Old 09-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Neil Benjamin
Dan Hibiki (+50)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

thanks a lot guys. i'm glad you like it. yeah, there're a few bad notes here and there, but i honestly got sick of fine-tuning this song.
i'm trying to get together with a friend of mine and record a rock version of one of the tracks in the old game 'shanghai' for the master system. we'll see how that turns out. . .

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Abobo (+600)

Well, as much as I disagree with you, ShrikeArghast, the fact that you used a Terry Brooks novel as an example is awesome.

I really liked this arrangement. Very light stuff that doesn't get too ambitious.

Anyone else think the end sounds very similar to a well-known classical piece? I can't remember the exact name or composer of the piece I'm speaking of, but if Neil had segued into that piece at the very end, I'd have been highly impressed.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Rab Townsend
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

yarr...definitely some weird notes in the rythm guitar...*shrugs* maybe it was out of tune.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Michael Boyd
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

It does sound like it was recorded on a lower-end guitar as far as quality goes, but it's still VERY good. One of the better remixes of TFAT.

8.5/10
Old 09-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Rab Townsend
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

beats the hell out of MY To far away times mix...
Though...I think it may inspire me to reworm my old Brink of Time remix that got rejected...and thereby hurt my little soul, and forced me to quit remixing...and then I started again, and blah blah blah...er...

yeah...the mix is good, but those chords I mentioned earlier...
Old 09-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

I can hear the poor guitar, but more than that, I can hear the "soul" of this peice, which is fantastic. I have but one complaint, and that is that I think that the snare drum used near the beginning really detracts from the music. It feels far to jarring to me. It's jarring near the end too, but not as much and could be forgivable. I just don't like it at the beginning at all. It makes me wince.

But there are so many moments this song has! Moments that are FULL of emotion and meaning! It's quite good, and well worth the download and listen.
]?a[p+=a[p+=q]=q]=q:0:0;for(;q++-1817;)printf(q%79?"%c":"%c\n"," #"[!a[q-1]]);}
Old 09-27-2004, 07:47 PM

excellent piece

amazing song you made here man, the guitar is effing kill. soo good
i was just wondering if you could make a tab for this song, id love to learn how to play it on my guitar. keep up the good work man
Old 09-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Send a message via ICQ to Spoom Send a message via AIM to Spoom Send a message via MSN to Spoom Send a message via Yahoo to Spoom
This mix just made me smile. The arrangement here is absolutely great. And honestly, the technical areas where it falls can be ignored quite easily. Good job.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:38 PM

Wow

This was by far the most amazing song I have heard yet. It's smooth and it flows beautifuly. Not to crazy, and it sets a mellow mood. I love how it picks up around 1:44. Awsome remix man.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to RoboPanda
Props

Hey, I would like to say kudos to you, man. I've heard 50,000 ways inside and out to do that damn schala's theme, and you really helped me out in your remix of one of my favorites tunes.

Gives everyone a sense of hope, eh? Get knocked down and you just have to stand back up.

But yeah, I really liked listening to this mix. I can understand a couple parts where the guitar pickings are better heard than the notes (as a player I dislike that sound...). But other than that you've done a great job fiddling with the tune and making it absolutely "teh 0wnz0r!!11" Ha, wanna jam together sometime?!

Congrats. I like it. 9/10

Tags
acoustic-guitar, folk, resubmission, rock