Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I never knew how much I loved the Star Wolf theme until I heard this again.

Brawl's rendition is fun, but no one will ever be able to top Star Fox Assault's Star Wolf theme.

Seriously, it's the only reason to play the game.

EDIT: Incidentally... why didn't they just use that same rendition? Honestly, there's no way you can match the orchestrated awesomeness of Assault's Star Wolf, without doing some heavy remixing, which they didn't really do.

oh and by the way the abilitly to put little messages in each taunt is much better than i thought it would be

sure voice chat is a zillion times better but i still get the satisfaction of having it saying BALLS in all caps whenever i taunt is very nice

within the next few days im gonna give my own (minus SSE and Classic mode) review of the game

remember this folks, itll probably be as cynical as it can possibly be (which ill be honest is really not gonna be that bad) so youll hear the worst possible review of this from me (if youre all gonna say crap now I'd give this a 10/10 in a heartbeat, and thats even with my cynicism)

Brawl's rendition is fun, but no one will ever be able to top Star Fox Assault's Star Wolf theme.

Seriously, it's the only reason to play the game.

EDIT: Incidentally... why didn't they just use that same rendition? Honestly, there's no way you can match the orchestrated awesomeness of Assault's Star Wolf, without doing some heavy remixing, which they didn't really do.

First, I've never played Assault. Now I guess I'll pick it up, because that arrangement is amazing, and full orchestration is my big weakness. Secondly, someone commented on that video that both versions would be in Brawl. Anyone know if this is true?

There seem to be about 2-7 songs for each stage, but I haven't seen them use two versions of the same song yet. Notice that Lylat Cruise already has 6 songs listed here. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music22_list.html

I've been playing this game ALL WEEKEND.

It is INCREDIBLE. I have ZERO complaints. When this game comes out in America, I'm buying it. I suggest you do the same, it does not disappoint.

And the music! I have *EIGHT* tracks for the Star Fox stage, all of which are awesome.

Yet to unlock the last three characters.

Atma, you've been friend roster'd. My code's in the DB. I'm going to be somewhat busy with college work today, but I may be available for wifi sometime tonight.

The soundtrack is AMAZING. The best soundtrack ever. Seriously. Because it has so many great versions of songs from various franchises, it's just sick. The quality, choice of instruments, it's just disgustingly awesome. There's a metal version of Gourmet Race and a version of the Zelda theme backed with orchestra and a distorted guitar that just made me have to go to the bathroom. Also a latin version of Zelda 3's dark world lost woods theme. It's like musical sex.

Edit: It's so good, I think I'm gonna cry. Oh yeah, here's a link to the full soundtrack listing. Holy mother of God.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141013&page=34

Oh wow, that's it. I think that's Felix's battle theme and... something... else... Regardless, nice! Thanks.

I wonder if there'll be a GS Assist Trophy as well. I wasn't expecting the series to get touched at all.

AND DOOM DRAGON BATTLE. Seriously, Doom Dragon is one of the greatest final boss themes ever.

Most of the themes in it are direct Copypasta from the originals, with the same samples and the same sample quality...that's a rip-off.

Sakurai said from the start that some of the music would be original rips, so what's a rip-off about it? Some of the most recent is still pretty high quality. Others actually enjoy the nostalgia aspect (NES Medley).

If you've only heard six tracks that weren't the originals, you're not listening enough. Hell, over sixty tracks from the initial starting music list are redone if not totally rearranged.

On the topic of Golden Sun, I'd have preferred the Saturos battle theme, but oh well...

I've been playing this game ALL WEEKEND.

It is INCREDIBLE. I have ZERO complaints. When this game comes out in America, I'm buying it. I suggest you do the same, it does not disappoint.

And the music! I have *EIGHT* tracks for the Star Fox stage, all of which are awesome.

Yet to unlock the last three characters.

Atma, you've been friend roster'd. My code's in the DB. I'm going to be somewhat busy with college work today, but I may be available for wifi sometime tonight.

I've got everyone but the last character, and yeah man I can't wait to play some wifi

Sakurai said from the start that some of the music would be original rips, so what's a rip-off about it? Some of the most recent is still pretty high quality. Others actually enjoy the nostalgia aspect (NES Medley).

If you've only heard six tracks that weren't the originals, you're not listening enough. Hell, over sixty tracks from the initial starting music list are redone if not totally rearranged.

On the topic of Golden Sun, I'd have preferred the Saturos battle theme, but oh well...

Nostalgia is good...in their original package, i just don't like direct copy paste of anything.