Mad World

Dunther

Looks very promising so far, a bit like a much more stylish God Hand.

Also, although unlikely, I'm going to be pretty pissed if you they use Gary Jules' version of Mad World in their ads (or heaven forbid in game).

Hell, even the original Tears for Fears version would be cliche...

• 9 months later...

You know...I think there may be something called, "too violent." Seeing the review for this on gametrailers, I just don't know if I'd feel comfortable dealing with that much blood and gore. I'll admit, I enjoyed No More Heroes and Fallout 3 a lot, but sometimes, too much is too much, you know? In any case, my friend got this game, so we'll see if I end up borrowing it from him at some point...

I'm not an advocate of violence for violence's sake. It worked for God of War, effectively demonstrating just who Kratos was and what he was willing to do. Let's see if this is able to pull it off.

... What. The point of God of War was gratuitous violence. Kratos' story was penned (read: ripped from Greek mythology) as an excuse to have that much violence.

I had to laugh at the projected 7-8 hours of gameplay. Finally a great, mature game and we get something that short? I really am starting to feel sorry for the Wii when its best efforts is a solid 7-8 hours and countless hours on my Boomblox which is basically a puzzle game anyway..

I had to laugh at the projected 7-8 hours of gameplay. Finally a great, mature game and we get something that short? I really am starting to feel sorry for the Wii when its best efforts is a solid 7-8 hours and countless hours on my Boomblox which is basically a puzzle game anyway..

Can't say as I agree, personally. How long was any MGS game? Seems like an ideal play length for an action game to me.

... What. The point of God of War was gratuitous violence. Kratos' story was penned (read: ripped from Greek mythology) as an excuse to have that much violence.

I think he was saying that God of War used said gratuitous violence as a device to demonstrate the barbaric nature of the character, thus being beneficial to the narrative and making it an exception to his usual rule against "violence for violence's sake".