OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm also for keeping Hydro in if we're still talking about that. I'm 100% sure Rock n Roll Martian is too (although I'm not sure that it matters).

I am also pretty much against putting Strider/Cyberpunk/gimmicky maps on the normal rotation because it'll kill the server. Like...kill it real damn quick. If there are just a few of us on and we wanna play Cyberpunk, we can simply change it. It's better that way anyways, as I can't imagine playing that map with people who take it seriously.

I'd like arena_lumberyard back just to have a change in scenery. And by "have a change in scenery" I mean "spite Atmuh."

I'm not so much for the whole 'spite Atmuh' thing, but I would love to see this map come back. Really. ONE Arena map for FIFTEEN minutes? You gotta be a pretty big baby to not be able to put up with that.

Plus...Brushfire's commentary is beyond epic.

It's nice to have it turn off every round only because sometimes there are no admins/slot holders to turn it off when the server picks up. I only really like it when we're fooling around or have less than 10 people like Sensai said, but I really like having it on in that case.

Oh, and Brushfire, if you're lucky, maybe I'll show you how to get into the DJ room sometime... but I demand to at least hear some of this arena commentary that your famous for first.

It's nice to have it turn off every round only because sometimes there are no admins/slot holders to turn it off when the server picks up. I only really like it when we're fooling around or have less than 10 people like Sensai said, but I really like having it on in that case.

Oh, and Brushfire, if you're lucky, maybe I'll show you how to get into the DJ room sometime... but I demand to at least hear some of this arena commentary that your famous for first.

The other problem is that admins have to put it up for a vote just like reserved slot players... or at least I haven't figured out how to shut it off without using rcon (which I have no idea how to do; the whole point of having the admin menu is to avoid needing to do rcon commands).

The other problem is that admins have to put it up for a vote just like reserved slot players... or at least I haven't figured out how to shut it off without using rcon (which I have no idea how to do; the whole point of having the admin menu is to avoid needing to do rcon commands).

The way I do it is via BeetlesMod admin...perhaps there's a plugin that lets admins have a flag for turning alltalk off, or a SourceMod command?

Well sir, I will be on Saturday after I finish packing for my Tokyo trip. It makes me sad that I won't be able to do the first OCR Podcast since VGDJ went off the air from the Tokyo Game Show like I had planned. I was gonna surprise everyone but my travel arrangements fell through and I have to leave to go to the US on 11th instead of the 13th like I had previously planned. Maybe I will throw somthing together when I get back instead.

Also to Edgecrusher: Is that the command and is it really that easy? >_< It makes me sad.

I played on arena_lumberyard the other day with Gibbo and I have to say it is an AMAZING change of pace from the normal trash maps. I'd much rather spend my days fighting on that level (or that other arena level we never play on) than Gold Rush or Dustbowl.

Well sir, I will be on Saturday after I finish packing for my Tokyo trip. It makes me sad that I won't be able to do the first OCR Podcast since VGDJ went off the air from the Tokyo Game Show like I had planned. I was gonna surprise everyone but my travel arrangements fell through and I have to leave to go to the US on 11th instead of the 13th like I had previously planned. Maybe I will throw somthing together when I get back instead.

Also to Edgecrusher: Is that the command and is it really that easy? >_< It makes me sad.

Thanks a lot edgecrusher... you ruined my chance of hearing the commentary... lol.

I mean... don't listen to him! It's a Traaaaap!

trap_ackbar.jpg

The server won't let me on:

error.png

...checking.

Edit: Hmm, I can connect with no problems... I'm going to see if I can find the server's logs to see what it's complaining about.

Edit 2: The full error is:

L 10/01/2008 - 18:58:37: "[bACON]Xerol<1402><STEAM_0:1:19388936><Unassigned>" disconnected (reason "Pure server: client has loaded extra file [GAME]\materials/models\weapons\nades\duke1\w_grenade_conc_blu.vmt. File must be removed to play on this server.")

I never downloaded any custom anything, and it's only the OCR server complaining about it. So how do I fix it?

Edit: I can't even find that path, there isn't a models folder under materials.

I wonder if it's something in the materials\temp directory... I was busy earlier, so I haven't had a chance to take a closer look.

Still, I didn't think sv_pure would complain about files like that.

Xerol, I must ask: you've tried rebooting, right?

Every once in a while, I get an error about not having any of the maps (even though it's stuff like Dustbowl/etc) and a simple reboot fixes it right up.

If that doesn't help, try verifying the TF2 game cache... from the Steam Games screen, click Team Fortress 2, click the Properties button (next to Launch at the bottom), click the Local Files tab, click "Verify integrity of game cache..."

Oh, on a side note, if you have Vista, make sure the file mentioned above isn't in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files heirarchy... it's set up like the Program Files directory, but it's where Vista redirects programs that don't have permission to write to Program Files... if you left UAC on, that is.