OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

are you guys complaining about team stacking? accept it as a challenge and try to beat them! it's almost like a game!

This is Team Fortress. You could be the best player in the world, but if the rest of your team sucks, or in some cases is even uncoordinated while the other team isn't, you're still going to lose.

Since we run public servers, teams are going to be moderately uncoordinated no matter what you do.

I apologize for the long post, but there was a lot to be said about this.

Clan-stacking is a difficult issue, but to be honest it really just falls into another, larger issue; balancing teams.I think we need to work out a more streamlined system for balancing teams out, more systematic.

The only fair way to go about clan-stacking is to treat it the same way as normal team imbalance.And that doesn't always mean teamscramble, it could be as simple as an admin asking a really good player to move to the other team. Isn't there a way an admin can message a player without everyone seeing it? Or they could do it over mic too, I suppose. I think asking nicely and letting them switch on their own is the right way to go about this, at least in most situations.

If one team is completely obliterating the other consistently, teams may need balancing. However, just because one team rolls another team in a single round, especially the first round of a map where players are often still arriving, does not always mean that teams need balancing. Teams aren't always supposed to be perfectly balanced. The key is that you don't want them to be terribly imbalanced, and I feel this should be at the discretion of our server admins/mods/whatever we call them.

Let's look at the usual problem solver, team scrambling. Team scrambles interrupt gameplay and don't always work. Personally, I loathe playing through part of setup only to see "team scramble restarting game in 5 seconds" or whatever it says. Team scrambles are most valuable when admins aren't present or when teams don't have any major power players and just need to be shook up via player-initiated votescrambles (which never succeed but that's another thing entirelly).

A much better alternative is having admins ask a player to consider switching to the other team to help balance. This requires admins to decide which players are power players and to adjust the teams as neccesary. It also gives the player in question the benefit of the doubt that they want to help us achieve team balance. If the players consistently show that their intentions are otherwise, bigger tools probably need to be pulled out. Forcing them to switch teams must be an available power to admins, and if the player is being uncooperative it should be used. I would want to make sure that we've already made it clear that we think they should switch before doing so, but if they are causing a problem they should be switched.

Clan-stackers should be treated the same as any team-imbalancing players. But if members of a clan who are capable of causing rolls clanstack on a single team purposely and they do so repeatedly after being told not to, is not okay. At that point appropriate action should be taken. I think this should get my point across...

are you guys complaining about team stacking? accept it as a challenge and try to beat them! it's almost like a game!

its been against the rules since forever

i could start saying why sticky camping shouldnt be against the rules but thats not the point that point is that it IS

Clan-stackers should be treated the same as any team-imbalancing players. But if members of a clan who are capable of causing rolls clanstack on a single team purposely and they do so repeatedly after being told not to, is not okay. At that point appropriate action should be taken. I think this should get my point across...

theyve been doing this forever

and its not even that theyre all really good its just that they actually WORK TOGETHER which is next to impossible on an alltalk server unless youre in vent too

Blanket-ban all of them, then unban any that the admins or a player on this topic feels is a cool guy, like Rambo and Howl. That's my suggestion.

howl is ok

step one: make it so a forced scramble occurs after a team has played both red and blue/ after two rounds

step two: disable team switching

problem solved

forcing scrambles is pretty dumb unless its obvious rolling

forcing autojoin is something that i support though (you can)

Who are the nQa?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nqaleague

Problem Solved

uhhhh we knew that

btw their pubstar group is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/noquestionsasked

Wow, I thought there were just a few from a big clan coming here.

I didn't realize it was pretty much the entire clan haha

i said it already

theyre just a clan full of pubstars, like look how long ago their last announcement was (lol i played for the mathackers way back then a little)

they have no interest in being a part of any community they just like to play with each other and that is it it just so happens that they get banned from a decent amount of servers because guess what PEOPLE DONT LIKE THAT and theyve been coming to ocr because as has been pointed out many MANY times in this thread the admins here do absolutely nothing about it for some reason

A note to admins: If you clanmates [PH]_Freaktion or [PH]_Admiral ackbar return to the server, and are in the least bit disrespectful or obscene, don't bother warning them. I was too lenient with only kicks as it was tonight. They've had fair warning.

were they sayin stuff on the mic i thought that one guy sayin ITS A TRAP with some text bind when he killed people was pretty annoying

They were using derogatory terms, and excessive swearing. They were also disrespectful towards other players. There were a few racist remarks thrown in as well. Not malicious, but unacceptable no less.

Bonzai pointed out that I never made a Scrim post this week.... hope everyone can still make it without having been reminded sooner...

I'm tired and lazy, so I'm just going to copypasta:

OCR Scrims (IP 208.94.245.226:27060; password ocrscrim)

This monday Nov. 16th we'll be having scrims between 7-11PM EST. Any and every community member is welcome. If you know a regular who doesn't frequently browse these forums, fell free to let them know.

Scrims are organized, but not "serious" games. We'll be trying to win, but the main goal will still be having fun. Please be prepared to have a positive attitude. It's a community event. :razz:

"Signup"

I'll take names of people, just so we get a good idea of how many are coming out. If you're going to play, let us know what time you'll be dropping by. If you want to watch but not play, that's okay too. Just put [sPEC] in your display name. People who didn't get a chance to play last week will get first dibs on the first game this week.

The rest of this post is just for people interesting in how the scrims will work.

Rules

This is an intro to competitive play.

Scrims will be 6v6 and take place on 5CP maps or GPit. Last week we played to 5 wins, but if we get more people, we can make the number of wins lower, to accommodate substitute players or full substitute teams.

Class limits at any given time are: Scout(2) Soldier(2) Pyro(2) Heavy(2) Engie(2) Sniper(2) Spy(2) Medic(1) Demo(1)

You don't NEED to play one of the "standard" competitive classes. We had plenty of spies, pyros, heavies, and a few engies last week and it still went great. Talk to your teammates and play what your team needs, or what you're good at.

• Random crits and random damage will be off.

• No Sandman

Teams

Players who are participating in the current scrim will be determined before teams are picked. From those players 2 voluntary captains will start picking. (Captains can duel for first pick in a ditto match. For God's sake, not as spies.)

Teams will probably be balanced, but if they're agreed to be imbalanced, there's no harm is switching them up a bit. After one team wins 5(maybe less) times, we can switch up the idle players.

Current list of attendees:

Rambo

Bonzai

!!

Clefairy

Hish

Fireslash (tentative)

Paranoid (tentative?)

Vivi (7-8:00)

Dhsu (9:00)

superjoe (8:20)

(definitely more but still waiting for confirmations)

I have totally forgotten about this until tonight/this morning.

I have ordered the flags for all to recieve. They will be shipped on December 15th. I am ordering 15, 11 for those guys, 3 for stragglers who forgot aboot this, and one as a prize at Magfest.

List of guys who are getting a flag:

Brushfire

Draken Korin

Vimk

Rambo

Edgecrusher

Halt

Sensai

Fireslash

Vivi22

Dyne

The Mutericator

For those who forgot what it will look like:

forumcoa.png

Players who are participating in the current scrim will be determined before teams are picked. From those players 2 voluntary captains will start picking. (Captains can duel for first pick in a ditto match. For God's sake, not as Cloak & Dagger Spies.)

Fixed that for you. <_<

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it tonight. I'm responsible for piecing together a group project that's due tomorrow. (Although I seem to have an uncanny knack for making time for TF2 anyway, but that's another matter.)

EDIT: On an unrelated note, Server #2's been pretty empty apart from these weekly scrims. Do people just prefer the stock maps?

Now that I figured out what was causing my absolutely shitty ping (automatic updates for W7 64x put a 32x driver on the wireless card, ignoring the 64x driver I manually installed before, a quick revert fixed it), I can finally play again! I don't have time to scrim, but I'll definitely be dropping in more often from now on.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, Server #2's been pretty empty apart from these weekly scrims. Do people just prefer the stock maps?

its because one server is enough

personally id like to see the main server go back to what it used to be before we had 2 sorta

as in a few (like 5 at most) good customs on the nominate list and maybe one on the rotation

and why is there no arena on the nominate list