zircon - puresound.fm DJ mix, now downloadable

zircon

I was asked by internet radio station puresound.fm to do a DJ mix for their Water World International show. I had never done anything like that before, but I ended up using a number of ReMixes from artists like bLiNd and Siamey, some of my own original material, and of course various prog. trance/house tunes. The end result is pretty cool IMO and I'll have the download link up after the show is over tomorrow night.

The mix is nearly an hour long and will be played on Friday, September 12th, at 5:00PM (midnight at GMT+3, where the show is based.) Just tune in to www.puresound.fm to listen.

Looking forward to any feedback once the show is over!

Also, an unrelated but still pretty cool thing, my first record label release, "System" (PGR038) was reviewed at TranceCritic.com. Here was the conclusion, if you don't want to read the full thing:

Erm… there’s nothing wrong this release. Nothing. Production, writing, dancefloor efficiency, home listening value... Zircon has delivered a release that is airtight in every relevant department, and more than that is refreshing. Here is a track that harks back to the best of dance music's past and yet manages to seamlessly integrate such influences with production that is bang up to date. Full marks for singles are very rare because the format is limited generally, and there’s usually one duff remix to drag the whole affair down a mark or two. Not here. 10/10 seems overly profound a score for two tracks that don’t clock up ten minutes between them, but as the mantra goes: quality over quantity.

If you haven't picked up System yet, you'll hear it in the DJ mix, and you can purchase it at iTunes, Amazon MP3, Beatport, Juno Download and many others. Just search for "zircon".

---

http://zirconstudios.com/dropbox/zircon%20puresound%20mix%20(8-29-08)%20v2.mp3

http://zirconstudios.com/dropbox/zircon%20puresound%20mix%208-29-08%20tracklist.txt

TRACKLIST

0:00 - bLiNd, Leifo - Fading Entity (Final Fantasy 7)

5:25 - Dj Andreas - Everything To Me (Treitl Hammond Club Mix)

8:43 - Dj Shinobi - Shadow Dancer

13:13 - Siamey - Ghosts of Shadow Moses (Metal Gear Solid)

18:15 - zircon feat. Jillian Goldin - Breathing You In (Indecent Noise & Andre Glensk Remix)

24:18 - Luke Terry - Chemical (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

28:52 - Jaron Inc - Nothing to Lose (Airbase Mix)

34:42 - DJ Cristo - Far Horizons (Zeebo Epic Remix)

39:44 - zircon - System

44:53 - Hybrid - Just For Today

49:37 - Fictivision vs. Phynn vs. bLiNd - White Escape (Phynn vs. Global-Trance Bootleg)

Sweeeet. Is that 5pm EST? I'm to lazy to try and convert it.

You're really doing a great job getting you name out there. "Breathing You In" came up on one of my Pandora stations the other day, and I hadn't even added you as an artist seed or anything, thinking that you'd be too unknown to be on there.

You all knew I'd post it here eventually, I guess... :P

http://zirconstudios.com/dropbox/zircon%20puresound%20mix%20(8-29-08)%20v2.mp3

http://zirconstudios.com/dropbox/zircon%20puresound%20mix%208-29-08%20tracklist.txt

TRACKLIST

0:00 - bLiNd, Leifo - Fading Entity (Final Fantasy 7)

5:25 - Dj Andreas - Everything To Me (Treitl Hammond Club Mix)

8:43 - Dj Shinobi - Shadow Dancer

13:13 - Siamey - Ghosts of Shadow Moses (Metal Gear Solid)

18:15 - zircon feat. Jillian Goldin - Breathing You In (Indecent Noise & Andre Glensk Remix)

24:18 - Luke Terry - Chemical (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

28:52 - Jaron Inc - Nothing to Lose (Airbase Mix)

34:42 - DJ Cristo - Far Horizons (Zeebo Epic Remix)

39:44 - zircon - System

44:53 - Hybrid - Just For Today

49:37 - Fictivision vs. Phynn vs. bLiNd - White Escape (Phynn vs. Global-Trance Bootleg)