Left 4 Dead

Chiwalker

Next time shout louder. It's hard to hear you when you're strangled. :P

Anyway, I agree. Let's do that again soon.

On a side note, is anyone else having a bugger-all time trying to get a server working? It's not working at all for me or my friends and my achievements are down. Anyone else have these issues?

I played a legendary tank today.

Snagged ALL 4 DEAD achievement. How'd I do it? 3 incaps in one punch by punching a car into the survivors.

By the way, a tank punching the alarm'd car 20 yards through the air doesn't activate the alarm like a survivor brushing up against it does. Hmmm.

I also think that a boomer exploding on it doesn't set it off either. But, don't quite quote me on that one yet. I only tested it by having a hunter killed a boomer next to it, haha.

Also, it's always nice to hear about how a smoker kills someone single-handedly. Always good news, so, congrats to whoever it was.

I also think that a boomer exploding on it doesn't set it off either.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

In other news, I jumped back on the demo last night because I was bored, and it appears to be inhabited entirely by 12 year olds now. Apparently all the big kids actually went out and bought the damn game. Curses.

They also figured out how to jump from the rooftop in the very beginning of No Mercy to the vent-fan-things attached to the wall on the far side of the alley. This allows them to jump straight down to the alley without dying, bypassing the apartment building completely. I have no bloody idea how they accomplish this because every time I try I can't jump far enough and I go splat.

it's easy. just look down at your feet. the problem with this is, it takes your health down by like 50-ish points or more.

...what? How the hell does looking at your feet make you jump farther? :?

Wait, the demo's still open? Every time I try to start it up it says it's locked. :/

I'm playing the 360 version, so if you're on Steam that might be why.

I also found out that hitting a car with a molotov will set it off. Not the fire, but actually bouncing the bottle off of the car.

But a zombie jumping all over it won't. Odd.

It's probably for balance, especially in vs. Wouldn't be very fun if a Zombie could just run into the car and set the alarm off to call the horde.

It's probably for balance, especially in vs. Wouldn't be very fun if a Zombie could just run into the car and set the alarm off to call the horde.

I find it very odd that people didn't realize this within like the first three seconds of noticing zombies don't set off the alarms, and actually bothered to ponder it. And some of them even posted about it on forums. And remarked things like: "Odd." or "This doesn't make any sense!"

I find it very odd that people didn't realize this within like the first three seconds of noticing zombies don't set off the alarms, and actually bothered to ponder it. And some of them even posted about it on forums. And remarked things like: "Odd." or "This doesn't make any sense!"

Maybe they were busy with random hordes/Special Infected to notice most of the time?

When you're playing, you tend to be looking for the things that are trying to kill you, not the little details. Besides, the only time I've ever seen zombies coming over the car is after it's been set off by someone else.

It seems half of your posts here are aimed at making me look stupid. Seriously, this is not the first time you've tried. I used to be a fan of your contributions to projects like devkitPro, but you keep making an ass out of yourself on OCR acting like everyone here is an idiot. Stop.

Of course infected cannot set off the alarms because of balance. Everyone already knows this. It's just not realistic that only survivors set the alarms off.

It seems half of your posts here are aimed at making me look stupid. Seriously, this is not the first time you've tried. I used to be a fan of your contributions to projects like devkitPro, but you keep making an ass out of yourself on OCR acting like everyone here is an idiot. Stop.

Of course infected cannot set off the alarms because of balance. Everyone already knows this. It's just not realistic that only survivors set the alarms off.

Sorry, but zombies are not very realistic.

last night i got man vs tank on dead air (expert difficulty) after warmeatball (a regular on ocr's tf2 server), jjt, and bgc all got killed off. and then i got pwnt by a boomer/smoker combo because the adrenaline high was in full force and i couldn't think straight... i was just meleeing furiously. and then the server reset so we got kicked off and it was time to call it a night.