Looking to liquidate my old Pokémon cards, need suggestions...

Black Mage

I gave all my Pokemon cards away, not too long ago, to a young kid who really liked them. I just kept a couple of the ones I was most fond of (I refused to give up my Dragonite or Lugia, or Ancient Mew movie promo <3) Still, the little guy was ecstatic. I knew the cards I had were before his time, and he'd probably never even seen most of the original sets before. I don't think I've ever made a random kid happier, and his mom assured me she'd make sure he'd take care of them. I figure he'll appreciate them more than me, and now I have a little extra space in my room.

Can't you just buy the Pokemon TCG video game or something? That way you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on pieces of cardboard with stats on them. :/

Well the TCG video game only goes up to Fossil, and there are to date 37 expansions out now.

Plus I like destroying children's dreams of Pokemon Mastery in person. The internet is so informal nowadays.

My God, this post makes feel really pathetic.

....I like destroying children's dreams of Pokemon Mastery in person. The internet is so informal nowadays.

My God, this post makes feel really pathetic.

lol

I never participated in a dual but I imagine that any little kid you dual will cry to his mom when he loses.

On topic, I pretty much gave all my cards to my Hispanic neighbors when I was 10 for $10. Felt like so much money.

lol

I never participated in a dual but I imagine that any little kid you dual will cry to his mom when he loses.

There nothing sweeter than the fallen tears of children that help me subsis...

Ummm... wait.

But it's really frustrating when children insist that Pikachu is the best and most powerful Pokemon ever. Then in tournament play they have 45 in their deck and no energy.

I hate children sometimes.

I just went through all of my brother's old cards and created a list for anyone who's interested. They're all older cards (all 'first generation' according to wikipedia).

I've also got a stack of non-TCG pokemon cards that my brother collected. Most of them seem to be "Movie Animation Edition" and "TV Animation Edition" Topps-brand cards, but there are a few from other sources.

10 what

I didn't realize there were more than 4

-gagh

Yeah, there is a new one every year here in Japan. The newest one stared Shaymin, a small white and green hedgehog, as it aspired to heal the world as the most annoying thing ever concieved. It also had Dialga getting bitchslapped by Giratina. There was also a last minute addition to the cast when Regigigas showed up to stop a glacier from slowly crushing folks. There was also the worlds most unflyable flying machine in tow as well. Also the opening sucked a ballsack.

- Ushfi

brushfire

pmsssss?

I have replied.

Can't you just buy the Pokemon TCG video game or something? That way you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on pieces of cardboard with stats on them. :/

I used to collect pokemon cards for the artwork mostly, as I never got to play any except with my cousin (who cheated a lot of the time anyway).

Kind of the same with Magic the Gathering cards, although I used to play it a lot in highschool with my friends.

But I really really really enjoy good artwork and like to stare at it like a crazy person.

I actually do have that (still), as well as 2 old game boy colours. I actually can't remember which ones I have, but the vast majority of them were in good nick anyway, i know that much for certain.

Slight deviation from the topic, I remember hearing about a Pokemon online game, where it was essentially like the hand held series, but online. Wonder how that went. I'm surprised there isn't an online Pokemon card battle, suppose that wouldn't be as good since part of the charm of card battles is collecting the cards.

What, the GBC game? It was all right, but mainly because I actually had someone to play against me (for a change). My brother, as much as he likes the original Pokémon games, took a long time to convince into learning the rules so he could play against me, and we'd take the joint collection to make decks out of them and see who could come up with the best one.

I'd still prefer play a card game by hand than on a computer, mind you, but my brother (and he wasn't letting me) was always too easy to beat, even though he played the GBA game more than I did.