Will there be another Overclocked Christmas Album?

The Author

I was debating doing "An Overclocked Christmas: Volume 2" this year, except instead of traditional Christmas remixes, I was thinking about going with more "snowy, wintery" kind of tracks from some of our favorite games. An example would be Blizzard Buffalo's theme from Mega Man X3.

If anyone is open to this idea, I'll get a thread put up. But I would like to remind everyone that An Overclocked Christmas was NOT, and I can't stress this enough, NOT an official album from OverClocked Remix. It was just something put together in like 3 weeks time thanks to some very dedicated artists.

I was debating doing "An Overclocked Christmas: Volume 2" this year, except instead of traditional Christmas remixes, I was thinking about going with more "snowy, wintery" kind of tracks from some of our favorite games. An example would be Blizzard Buffalo's theme from Mega Man X3.

Not all of us live in the northern hemisphere. On Christmas day I'll be enjoying a barbecue in the sun with a nice cool beer in my hand. ;)

Because I would love to see another one of these christmas albums making it on my ipod, its the only thing that constantly gives me holiday cheers even in July.

Edit Ah man, typo in the topic... can someone change it to "will" instead of well? Thanks in advance.

Hit edit, then choose the "Advanced" edit button, you can change the topic from there...

Christmas Album! Sweet, I'm all over it, downloading now. This could be a great tradition.

Much easier than coordinating a full-fledged project.

it'd probably take less time, too =)

i'll contribute if we decide to actually do something - i'll either re-record my track from last year or do a new one. i've had 'mary did you know' and 'breath of heaven' on my mind lately, but i'd need a female vocalist for the latter.

I'm about 60-70% done a remix that would fit into that category, so if you do decide to go with that idea I'll definitely have something to contribute.
i'll contribute if we decide to actually do something - i'll either re-record my track from last year or do a new one. i've had 'mary did you know' and 'breath of heaven' on my mind lately, but i'd need a female vocalist for the latter.
The tracks you made last year were (and still are) awesome. I'd love to hear your take on either of those two songs.

Not all of us live in the northern hemisphere. On Christmas day I'll be enjoying a barbecue in the sun with a nice cool beer in my hand. ;)

Screw you Aussies. I tell ya what I'm gonna do when I'm rich. I'm gonna have a summer home outside of Charlottesville Virginia, with rolling mountains and a stream and horses and shit. And I'll drink with my family.

Then I'm gonna have a summer house in... Australia somewhere. Where's nice in Australia? Brisbayne? Did I even spell that right? Anyways it'll have flat dry land and a dry riverbed and brumbys and shit. And I'll drink with Tom Burlinson.

Summer forever BABY.

That's not too bad an idea really Shadow Wolf.

Brisbane is alright, yeah. It's cleaner and quieter than Sydney, but not as much seems to happen there.

Check out the Blue Mountains (2 hrs drive west of Sydney). They're not mountains like the Rockies or Alps, sorta closer in shape to (and larger than) the Grand Canyon, but it's all covered in thick forests (which we refer to as 'bushland' :P )

Mt Solitary in the Blue Mountains:

2enxkpw.jpg

but back to the topic at hand...

and horses and shit...do you mean, horses with shit? or, just random shit? will it be in the stream and the mountains and all that? or just near the horses?

Well horses with shit I suppose, but that wasn't specifically the shit I was talking about. I was referring more to the... nuances and perks of the particular area. In Charlottesveille, it's deer. I don't know what it'd be in Australia.

Oh dear.

Not only is that spelling wrong, it's your accent that makes it so very wrong.

=p

I was afraid of that, that's why I asked. I'm one of those types that doesn't like pretending to be foreign so as not to look like a tourist, because you just look like an idiot instead. I'd rather shut up and genuinely get to know the culture before I assume I'm saying things right. :) Incidentally, how do you say it?

That's not too bad an idea really Shadow Wolf.

Brisbane is alright, yeah. It's cleaner and quieter than Sydney, but not as much seems to happen there.

Check out the Blue Mountains (2 hrs drive west of Sydney). They're not mountains like the Rockies or Alps, sorta closer in shape to (and larger than) the Grand Canyon, but it's all covered in thick forests (which we refer to as 'bushland' :P )

but back to the topic at hand...

That looks like a slightly craggier version of our Blue Ridge Mountains, actually. I'll be over in just a tick, let me graduate first.

In other news, topic derail++!

I liked the tracks which came up for the album from last year, I also remember Sephfire's remix called Purity, which I only listen to when Christmas is coming (nice work).

But, maybe it's better to join the Anime Christmas Competition, I remembered what happened last year and it's hard to get albums released on the correct date.