Presenting: Suburbia [Remastered]

Skrypnyk

The original 2008 album has been remastered, and is available for free in high-quality audio via Bandcamp.  You can also stream the album in full via YouTube

--------------------------------------------------

Greetings.

I would like to present to you, my first full length album Suburbia.

Over the past two years, I've been working off and on this album. Trying to do a style a little different then what I've normally done. A more psychedelic, chill-out, downtempo style while keeping everything atmospheric and ambient.

With 11 songs, it comes in at over 44 minutes in length. Making it my longest release to date.

Want to support this starving artist? Send a donation via paypal. Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated.

Don't have any spare change and still want to help out? Tell you're friends, family, school mates, co-workers, allies and enemies. Word of mouth is my #1 choice in advertisement.

Enjoy, and thanks for listening.

I love how the moment I accidentally delete the thing, is the moment someone wants to download it.

I accidentally deleted the .zip file from the server, and I recently formatted my drive and forgot to save the original .zip. SO I've asked someone who already downloaded it (thank you starla), to upload it somewhere, so I can download it, and then I can upload it....again. Should take about 15-20 minutes.

So I just want to mention (as I never did in the write up) that the album contains a liberal remix of The Third Garden by Overcoat. I'm sure more of you figured that out by now, I just wanted to give a little shout out to him and thank him for letting me use the mix for the album (....I'm pretty sure he let me use it...)

For those of you interested, you can find the original Third Garden on Overcoat's Garden Art album located somewhere in this link =)

Finally, thank you thank you thank you to everyone who has downloaded, listened, and commented so far. It puts a smile on my face, and 11 songs on your hard drive. Everybody wins.

So I just want to mention (as I never did in the write up) that the album contains a liberal remix of The Third Garden by Overcoat. I'm sure more of you figured that out by now, I just wanted to give a little shout out to him and thank him for letting me use the mix for the album (....I'm pretty sure he let me use it...)

Hey no problem man, always willing to let people fuck with my songs :D they're free anyway, plus it's interesting hearing a different interpretation on my songs.

I really love it. I love the guitar tone and the softness the songs have. I love the layering and progression the songs go through.

It'd probably be hard for me to get specific without listening through each song multiple times and/or listen through each track and make individual comments on each... If you want, I can try to do that :P

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to listening to this. A lot different from your stuff I've heard, which to be honest was initially disappointing (only cause I love your stuff I've heard). But it definitely has a late-night vibe I was digging after the initial surprise. I like the Pink Floyd influences. It's a good soundtrack for listening to while working on OCR stuff.

I like the Pink Floyd influences.
Whenever The Third Garden comes on my MP3 player, I have to check that it's not Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Take that as a compliment.

Am I detecting a few references to Sigur Ros in Groundhog Hill? (Actually, the majority of the album reminds me of Sigur Ros. Take that as a compliment too.)

I like the Pink Floyd influences.

You win!

Am I detecting a few references to Sigur Ros in Groundhog Hill? (Actually, the majority of the album reminds me of Sigur Ros. Take that as a compliment too.)

You win!

Both Pink Floyd and Sigur Ros (along with a couple other artists) were maaajor influences on me with this album (as you can tell with several of the tracks). Fun fact: early demos of Groundhog Hill were entitled 'Sigur'.

You better be proud of this... I don't even feel worthy of talking to you...

I really, really like it. A real artist you are.

Don't say that. If it weren't for comments like this, I could only assume that the album recieved a poor showing, and it'll gives me second thought on releasing anything major in the future.

Also, don't worry palpable, I do plan on releasing an album that sounds more like the stuff I've released on ocr. That's far far in the future though.

Thanks again everyone for the lovely lovely comments. =)