Konami + iPhone = Woot!

NeoForte

I trust Konami to make good games, no matter what system they're on. The PS1 is vastly inferior to its successors but does that make MGS1 any less of a good game? I know you probably meant that they could do better in terms of what's available, but my point is that they can work with touch screens and still make a good game. (and yay I have a touch to play these on!)

I knew it was gonna be iPhone!! Pwned (all those people wanting mgs4 on 360... I still personally dont think its gonna happen)

I just thought it would be on 360 because all of the hints seemed to indicate the 360 and nothing for the iPhone/iPod Touch...I have all 3 current gen consoles so it doesn't matter to me.

I'm going to have to give this a big meh though. Why would I want to use my iPod Touch to play games? I bought it to listen to music. In addition, I have to pay $10 just for the firmware upgrade to play that. No thanks, what a stupid move.

My thoughts exactly. I never recalled seeing an upside down i for Apple marketing, and look at their stuff fairly regularly...also the 360 connections are more blatant. Konami marketing failed big time.

who said anything about an upside down i?

I said the first ! = MGS as in, an exclamation mark, not an upside down i.

the upside down exclamation mark could be perceived as a i.

[edit: oops sorry, the first symbol WAS the i, and the 2nd was the exclamaiton point, same thing)

Congratulations on your 20/20 hindsight, sir.

not really, I dont remember if I said it in the other thread, but that was my assumption from the start.

I trust Konami to make good games, no matter what system they're on. The PS1 is vastly inferior to its successors but does that make MGS1 any less of a good game? I know you probably meant that they could do better in terms of what's available, but my point is that they can work with touch screens and still make a good game. (and yay I have a touch to play these on!)

The issue here is that the iPhone IS the successor to the PSP and the DS and came out way later, and still sucks as a gaming device; it just isn't what its made for.