ThaSauce, News Portal for the VGM Arrangement Community previews "New Sauce"

Ramaniscence

So, since the panel at MAGFest I've been working pretty hard on a new version of the site. The plan was to get across as much information as fast as possible, but to do so in a generally quick and organized manner. I've been pulling a lot inspiration from a lot of other sites I frequent, I've been trying to integrate a lot of new community tools like StickAM and twitter, and I've been putting a lot of time into making sure the page displays properly for all browsers.

As of right now we've moved into a "quasi" closed beta, and I hope to have the whole site tested, and ready for launch by late March, early Febuary (Suzu/Fusion willing).

The video is kinda lengthy (about 14 mins), but in it I go through the new site, show off some of the new layout, detail some of the new features, and explain some of the stuff I'm working on. I apologize for the quality, and I'll try to get a higher quality version up sometime later.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4949789896473652423&hl=en

newSauce01sm.png

newSauce02sm.png

newSauce03sm.png

One more important note is, you'll notice I'm not referring to the site as "ThaSauce 3.0." That's because, in my eyes, this is not the 3rd version of the site, this is the ONLY real version of the site. Everything up until this point was merely testing, and planning, but THIS site is truly what I've dreamed of since the beginning.

I have to admit that since Rama showed me his netvibes page, i've been using that to keep up on community news. This is working toward being tailored just for the community, i'm really excited to see it live. Every time i see a screenshot, i keep trying to click on the links <3

Very exciting stuff, I love how integrated it is with the whole community, since we tend to forget how large it really is, and how intimidating it can be to try to get everyones cooperation for the better good of everyone. It takes lots of passion.

Can't wait till it's live.

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments. It means a lot; really. I'm not familiar with many other sites with a similar goal as ThaSauce, but regardless I'm fully committed to making ThaSauce as great as I know it can be to best suit the members of this community that I'm so passionate about >_<.

Thanks again everyone for the comments and encouragement, and please send Suzumebachi and Fusion2004 nasty PMs to get the site done D: (more so the latter)

<3

• 2 weeks later...