Left 4 Dead 2 - now $6.80 on Steam!

The Damned

I would punch you in the mouth.

:lol:

Seriously though every time I pass by it at the store, first would come the voice of desire, demanding I get L4D2, then suddenly another one I've dubbed "Practicality" with its sidekicks "Apathy" and "Cheapy the Cheapskate" pretty much reminding me that not even the "PC Game" discount all PC gamers usually get compared to console enthusiasts isn't enough to get me to drop $50 for what, imo, should have been an add-on/mod/expansion pak rather than a separate title.

I still remember you Opposing Forces and Half-Life: Blue Shift...

... pretty much reminding me that not even the "PC Game" discount all PC gamers usually get compared to console enthusiasts isn't enough to get me to drop $50 for what, imo, should have been an add-on/mod/expansion pak rather than a separate title.

What? Seriously? That same shit? Even the biggest boycotters gave up on that line of thinking months ago. I can't think of one site or forum that still has anyone saying that. Even the GameFAQs boards stopped that a long time ago.

As for the price... Steam likes to put the game on sale randomly, so just look out for it, you might get anywhere from ten to fifteen bucks off.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've been thinking. Sometime, we need to organize an OCR Versus night.

I normally don't care for Versus Mode myself, mostly because I'm a wuss and hate playing with random people on the internet. I've recently gotten the itch to try it, and I'd rather play with you guys and my friends if I can. That said, I think we might be able to really get some good solid fun out of this game again if we can wring enough players into it. And of course, it's good for the community spirit too.

I don't really have an idea for a date or night in particular. Usually, I can't make it on Saturdays. People who are interested, when are you available?

Versus night, eh? I'm usually up to play whenever, and I'm sure Nekofrog would be as well. I guess shoot me a PM if you ever want to play or something gets going. I'm usually on IRC, though, so it would be easiest to get my attention in there.

I haven't played in a while, so I'm a bit rusty.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for necrobump, but I feel this deserves attention.

While playing on Dead Air in L4D2 via the addons found here, I encountered a fully functional riot shield melee weapon during the stage 2 crescendo.

I don't feel like typing it all out again, so more details and links to pictures can be found on the Steam forum thread here.

EDIT: According to a poster there, it was a scrapped weapon from before the game was released. Which still begs the question of why it decided to appear in the first place, but whatever. My apologies.