Infinity Ward and Activision crap on PC gamers

JoeFu

The college frat boy demographic will buy the game regardless. The "hardcore" FPS players I believe has always been little more than a niche, and the genre didn't truly start hitting the mainstream until after Halo and CoD which are more successfully ingrained into the adolescent "guy culture".

CoD isn't the game for them anyway. New games will come and go, but Counter-Strike will always be there as the epitome of competetive play.

Well, I got my 360 bundle. Basically if you factor in HD price, 2 controllers, headset, I got MW2 for free with it. So I put it up on goozex, got 50 dollars worth of points on there. So with cash to burn, I gotta see how these night vision googles are. And I'm a sucker for special editions. So I picked up the prestige today at bestbuy, and used the reward zone card to get me some points as well. Win/win.

Roommate has it for the PC. Plays like a dream and I don't miss dedicated servers as much as I thought I would. Then again I myself own it on the 360 and am not a whiny bitch about minor details ruining my fun.

No one is being a whiny bitch, and it's not a minor detail.

Console gamers don't get it. They're perfectly okay with everyone being brought DOWN to their standard instead of allowing themselves to be brought UP to the PC standard.

Why are you people so retarded? You retards should be demanding to have the features that PC gamers (apparently used to) have, because you have no goddamn clue what you're missing.

The college frat boy demographic will buy the game regardless. The "hardcore" FPS players I believe has always been little more than a niche, and the genre didn't truly start hitting the mainstream until after Halo and CoD which are more successfully ingrained into the adolescent "guy culture".

CoD isn't the game for them anyway. New games will come and go, but Counter-Strike will always be there as the epitome of competetive play.

Fact, video game playing fraternity men are in the minority -- dunno how this stereotype came about.

http://www.gossipgamers.com/modern-warfare-2-servers-cracked-within-days-after-release/

Looks like it happened a little faster then I figured, but it happened none the less. Not dedicated servers though but a step in the right direction.

I'm not surprised either. With all the fuss over the non-dedicated server issue, it was really a matter of time, but damn, they worked really fast. It had to be a team of people, and not one person. Though if it were one person, he or she ought to be working for NASA or some top-secret government agency that licenses and oversees the aliens on the planet Earth. Or some stuff. LOL.

Forgive the double-post, but the game does look really nice, I'm probably going to pick it up in the near future, but why couldn't they have just kept the multiplayer functionality from the first one? That seemed to work pretty well, didn't it?

It didn't allow IW/Activision to control content they way the think they should, and by that I mean nothing but DLC that the user has to pay for. NO user maps or mods because they don't see a revenue from it.

I hate to say this, but I enjoyed playing the multiplayer aspect of COD4 on consoles.

To put it bluntly, everyone on COD4 I played with was a cheater. There was no effort put forth by Activision to put a stop to, so I went to the side of the hose where it was a little harder to cheat. And that is why I usually play my FPSes on the console.

TF2 is an exception to that.