OCR01153 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "A Storm in the Desert"

djpretzel

Ooh, I'd been WAITING for a Song of Storms mix to make it through... also known as the Windmill Theme, or for a reason I'm not particularly familiar with, "scheissebrot". There have been a number of VERY promising mixes posted in the WIP forum, but their authors all abandoned them, leaving a stupendous opening and one drooling for more, and then silence...

But we're not talking about those other mixes. We're talking about this one. This one follows through, and my how well it does! The transition to the Desert Collosus Teleport song (I've forgotten the actual name) was perfect, and felt very natural. And the switch back was even more perfect... it felt rather tender, and then it rushes forth like the organ grinder was turning the crank to fast... and then ends simply. Okay, perhaps more could have been played with in order to make it REALLY feel like spinning the record to fast at the end, but all in all, it worked reasonably well.

I like this. Well done! Well done. Don't stop remixing. I like what I hear.

:o I'm writing this as I listen, and so far, I like what I hear. I loved the transition at 1:29. Everything is done so beautifully in this song. :3 OH SNAP! BOLERO OF FIRE! :o*shock* Beautifully done as well. Koji Kondo would be proud. Unknown is a king among men...A king among men...

I was trying to ignore this remix or push it into the background as I was surfing when it started playing but, damn, this is really great. I wanted to come give you props on some wonderful arrangement and turning those little ocarina melodies (which I love) into something so beautiful. Makes me wanna go play Zelda64!

i have listened to Unknown's windwaker remix, and after listening to that, i thaught "now, he could never do a remix better than that", but apphearantly he succeded, when i for the first time got my Zelda 64, i could sit in the Wind Mill, and listen to the music there for hours, and like Fieari i have been waiting for a Song Of Storms remix, and here it is, and reffering again, to this time what Typhun said, it really took a new dimension out of it, its a mix of bolero of fire and windmill hut, both songs from Zelda 64 i love, wonderfully mixed together in one song.

Thank You Unknown! :D

Man.....what a good mix. It flows so well and it just sounds like your in a professional orchestral hall...not to mention its Zelda music :D I thouroghly enjoyed this piece, and it definitely ranks somewhere at the top. Excellent work.

This entire mix has me astounded. I've been a long time listener to music from this site, but I think I've found my favorite song. The beginning was very nice, and the bass line was tastefully done. As the song progresses, the wonderful orchestration continues. As a Music Ed student, I especially appreciate the addition of Bolero around 2:33. My only problem with this mix is that the ending seems to lack something, and it cuts off rather soon. It would be nice if another 5-10 seconds were added to let it end satisfactorily, but as it stands, I am very pleased.

In SINFONIA,

Naa Tualle

Finally, finally, FINALLY someone who remixxed the SONG OF STORMS in a way I love.

People just too often don't feel the sheer POWER that simple melody has! I love this remix!

Heard the Serenade of Water in there too, among others. This remix's too fine.

You haven't heard SAiNT 420's version of the song, called SoS. I think he did a good job. Anyway, this is what I call a ReMix. Unknown does good work. I also have his Dragon Warrior ReMixes (both kick ass). So yeah. Good job there Unknown!

I really love this mix. It's definitely high quality as far as orchestrated arrangements go. On the whole, this has become one of my favorite remixes on the site. I'm especially impressed with how much Unknown was able to do with such little source material.

That said, I'm not without my gripes. First off, I was caught a little off guard by how quickly the piece strayed from the original melody. For reasons I can't explain, it bothered me that Unknown didn't give the Song of Storms theme a single faithful play through.

The blending of original material with the Song of Storms is a masterful transition, I have to say. I also love everything about Unknown's treatment of the Bolero of Fire (despite the betrayal the original melody once again) right up to the major chord at 2:51. It seems, to me at least, entirely out of place. After that, though, the piece is solid gold. There always seems to be one particular bit of a remix that I instantly fall in love with, and in this instance, it's the entrance of the horns at 4:00. It's only a tiny portion of the whole, but everytime I listen to this remix, I find myself waiting just for those two or three seconds.

Well, that's really all I have to say. Aside from those tiny irksome bits (which I wouldn't consider flaws by any means), this is a knock-out arrangement.

Now what's this rumor that 'A Storm in the Desert' is only the first of a series? I'd love to hear more great OoT themes arranged in just this style!

I was awestruck the first time I heard this. The entire Artifact of Power series is part of my collection.

You may all be interested to know that this is one of a collection of four songs, all of which are on VGMix:

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=455

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=620

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=942

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=1009

This is some wonderful work. Shows how soundfonts can be used to create something magnificent (they are soundfonts right? =P). This song is a very inspiring piece of work. I look forward to seeing the next three movements show up in the judging. Keep arranging Unknown.

~Blue

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01153 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "A Storm in the Desert"