Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2010

DarkeSword

Since there's no vote thread I'd like to post my review here:

I like it, it's a great track production and composition wise.

But as for the compo, I don't really think it meets the criteria for a vote (unless Zircon submitted something that wasn't as good, but he didn't sub anything so let's not mention him). I say that because I think it's largely a Tornado Man remix with bits Flash Man around the second half. I'd almost say it's a Tornado Man cover for most of it, but there are the nice Willrock solo's so I'm just gonna say he was pretty conservative with this one.

After speaking to Willrock about it, he told me he was sick of Flash Man, and I don't blame him... what, after remixing it 6 times... *smh*.

Haha well as a counter argument; That's the fun in battles. You have the opportunity to combine or make counterpoints of the opposing melodies in some way shape or form, so ultimately the mixes can be different everytime.

I definitely understand what you're sayin though, but that shouldn't be an excuse why there wasn't that much flashman in there in my opinion =P. Either way the mix is kickass hopefully all of the same guys will be around to compete in the Maverick which I've been so anxiously waiting to start lol xD.

Haha well as a counter argument; That's the fun in battles. You have the opportunity to combine or make counterpoints of the opposing melodies in some way shape or form, so ultimately the mixes can be different everytime.

I definitely understand what you're sayin though, but that shouldn't be an excuse why there wasn't that much flashman in there in my opinion =P. Either way the mix is kickass hopefully all of the same guys will be around to compete in the Maverick which I've been so anxiously waiting to start lol xD.

I dunno, I was sick of the theme and out of inspiration for flash man, anything I tried to add just made the track worse. I'm not saying its a good excuse, but its the reason there isn't much flashman there.

As for Maverick, i'm not sure i'll be competing. This compo burnt me out somewhat but I guess we'll see :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...