Let's Speedrun - Donkey Kong Country 2

whilst

DarkeSword Edit: This was split from the DKC2 album thread. Feel free to organize your speedruns/races in this thread.

in the meantime you guys should watch the speed runs on speeddemosarchive. they still amaze me every time i watch them.

i'm playing dkc again! i just beat dkc2, so i'll start it again if i finish dkc before this comes out.

And yeah, later on this week I'll try and find a way to get a live stream going so you guys can watch me speed run the game all the way through in one sitting. I might even pick up a cheap microphone so you can hear me get pissed off at the Lost World levels :-P

Will you be playing the game on 'hard' difficulty? And yeah lost world levels are insaneeeeeeee.

Wow, really? That's awesome :-) I was honestly just doing the art 'cause I genuinely love this project and DKC2 and wanted to help out, so that's a nice bonus. Thanks dude :-)

And yeah, later on this week I'll try and find a way to get a live stream going so you guys can watch me speed run the game all the way through in one sitting. I might even pick up a cheap microphone so you can hear me get pissed off at the Lost World levels :-P

Will you be doing a real run or a tool assisted run? I can't believe it takes you less than 3 hours to completely beat it 102%. That's pretty amazing, man. :nicework:

Yeah, there's no point in doing a TAS live :-P

I'm not really that good, but apparently under 3 hours is a respectable time. The standing record, as far as I can tell, is 1:30, almost an hour less than my goal for the upcoming run. I tend to die often but somehow still manage to finish with a solid time :-P

We'll see how things work out though, I'd like to do this in a way that everyone will be able to watch.

Yeah, there's no point in doing a TAS live :-P

I'm not really that good, but apparently under 3 hours is a respectable time. The standing record, as far as I can tell, is 1:30, almost an hour less than my goal for the upcoming run. I tend to die often but somehow still manage to finish with a solid time :-P

We'll see how things work out though, I'd like to do this in a way that everyone will be able to watch.

Yeah, I think you can just sign up at livestream, set it to desktop mode, and use an emunator to play the rom. :-P

Oh man, I'd love to do a race like this, but it's been far too long since I've 102%ed it. Anyone up for a fastest straight playthrough competition?
I'm interested in it myself, would be a lot of fun. Not sure if I could do it 102% as fast as possible mind you. I've never speed run the game, but I know I can beat it really fast.

I've memorized pretty much everything in the game by heart I've played it that much. So at least I'd know where everything is.

Anyone else interested in joining? Let's get some people to try, record the video of it if you can! Just a straight playthrough, any percent.

I don't know if I can record it, because half of my equipment isn't working right, but I'd do it for the hype anyway. It's been so long since I've played it, so a playthrough sounds good to me.

Anyone else interested in joining? Let's get some people to try, record the video of it if you can! Just a straight playthrough, any percent.

I might join... except you could expect a runthrough of about 5+ hours, so probably no vid... I haven't run the game in years (as in, since 1995 or so), nor would it be a 102% run. I think it's be a worthy celebration of this album's release, though :)

Yeah, here's to hoping for a release soon (within the next month or two)!

Alright, so if you want to track your time, let's do it like this:

-The clock starts as soon as you select Gangplank Galleon

-The clock ends as soon as K-Rool lands in the swamp if it's a straight playthrough. In a 102%, it's right when he lands in the altar.

Go go go!

Alright, sounds good. I'll do it tomorrow (College project tonight. I know my limits. :wink:)

-The clock starts as soon as you select Gangplank Galleon

-The clock ends as soon as K-Rool lands in the swamp if it's a straight playthrough. In a 102%, it's right when he lands in the altar.

Go go go!

Here's my humble contribution to a fast playthrough, played first time on hard. Time: 2h15m by my calculations and 2h5m by gametime.

fast play, hard - 2h5m