Mega Man 10

Schwaltzvald

Sheep Man's stage is rather fun, good music, and heck Sheep Man himself offers a decent challenge.

Nonetheless entirely doable with just buster only. As for who's next on the hitlist of mine, only trial and error knows for sure; or maybe I'll get lucky in the buster being enough.

I will say though I was forced to use an energy tank during that fight so take that what you will.

Either I'm really rusty or Sheep Man puts up a good fight.

Oh yeah

The pain, horrible pain HORRIBLE HUMILIATING PAIN.

Not gonna use easy mode though.

5412329853a245371329fa5.jpg

I swear to god, I hate commando's sandstorms.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured out that using Rush as a reference to where it is safe to stand helps out so much.

Rush Jet helps, too.

I finished this last night (about 3 hours of gameplay, a good chunk of which was dedicated to figuring out the boss order). Lots of fun, if a bit short. I like the Mega Man 2 formula, but a second castle would have been nice. Also, the last boss was surprisingly easy once you figure out what you need to do and where to stand.

Here's some information for those starting out [CAUTION: Major spoilers ahead]

..........SPOILERS............

1) Start with Sheep Man, whose stage is fairly easy. The boss fight is easy once you learn the pattern.

2) Next, take out Pump Man. Fire Sheep Man's weapon so that the lightning beam will be in front of Pump Man when he jumps forward. A few hits like this will kill him.

3) Solar Man is next, who takes tremendous damage from Pump Man's weapon.

4) Move on to Chill Man. Kill him with Solar Man's weapon. Chill Man runs back and forth, but rarely jumps, so keep the shots low and he'll frequently get hit.

5) Chill Man's weapon works great against Nitro Man. Make a spike strip in the arena as Nitro Man charges back and forth to hit him. You can also freeze him by hitting him (as opposed to his projectiles). Stay on top of him, but be careful to dodge the spike wheels he throws.

6) Next, fight Commando Man. On your way to his lair, use Rush Jet to move past the sand storm. If you get to the very top of the screen, you may actually avoid being slowed down by the storm. Nitro Man's weapon obliterates Commando Man very quickly, but you have to stand near him and spam him to avoid taking too much damage from his weapon.

7) Blade Man's next. His attacks are difficult to dodge, so keep moving. Use Commando Man's weapon to shoot him from a relatively short distance away. If you're standing too far away, when you start to move, you'll change the direction of the missile, and will often miss Blade Man.

8 ) Strike Man's last, and he's ridiculously easy. The Triple Blade obliterates him in no time.

9) Wily 1, Miniboss 1: Use the arm cannon for maximum effect. When the enemy becomes Woodman, shoot, jump over the leaves, and shoot again. When it's Gemini Man, shoot, jump over the beam, and keep shooting and moving. Finally, when it's Elec Man, only jump over the low beams (the high ones pass over you), and shoot from the ground.

10) Wily 1, Miniboss 2: Flame Man is weak against Pump Man's weapon, Ring Man is weak against Blade Man's weapon, and Napalm Man is weak against Strike Man's weapon.

11) Wily 1, Boss: Just use the arm cannon. There may be weaknesses, but it's easier to use the arm cannon against these three.

12) Crab Boss: There are two whisker things on its face, and those are the targets. Take out the claws to make the fight easier. Begin by shooting the claw near the ground, then destroy the lower whisker. The upper claw is more difficult to destroy, but it's not necessary. To dodge the projectiles, just run away from, then toward the crab.

13) Wily Stage 3 Tip: in the two sections with the moving platforms, there are two places that are basically safe to stand. For the first one, move the platform about one full platform length away from the left wall. You'll still need to make small adjustments, but you should largely be out of the line of fire. For the second, it's the same place on the opposite side of the room.

14) Block Monster: When the blocks are first forming, stay toward the left side of the stage. This seems to be the easiest place to dodge. When the eye emerges, I typically use the blade weapon because it shoots at an angle and seems to do some good damage. Be careful during the second phase of the fight, as the eye emerges from the left side of the screen. Same applies to the third phase.

15) Teleportation order is as follows: top-middle: Solar Man; top-left: Blade Man; Left: Chill Man; Bottom-left: Nitro Man; Bottom Middle: Strike Man; Bottom-Right: Pump Man; Right: Commando Man; Top-Right: Sheep Man (same as the stage select screen)

16) Wily 1: After some practice, you can get through this fight without taking a single hit. The Solar Man weapon works effectively, but with good timing, the arm cannon is just as good. The machine fires a missile at a low level, then one at a higher level. If you get hit head-on from one of these, you take a lot of damage. They also emerge at different speeds, but it's easy to see them coming. If you must take damage, get hit by a small missile coming from the top of the machine, as that's the lowest damage-causing thing on screen. Aim for the skull face.

17) Wily 2: Move left and right on the floor until the machine lands. This allows you to dodge the spinning beams. When it lands, stand under the "head" to avoid the lightning. If you get encapsulated, quickly shoot to get out of it. Again, the skull face is the target. This time it's weak against Pump Man's weapon. This battle takes some patience, but if you're careful, it's not nearly as hard as it seems.

18 ) Wily 3: As you go through Wily Stage 5, there are lots of powerups, so be sure to grab those. Wily appears with a clone each time. The real Wily is flesh-tone. The clone has a little triangle-symbol on his forehead and is slightly darker in tone. Hit the real Wily with Chill Man's weapon (this is the easiest time in the game to use it because the gravity lets you jump all the way to the ceiling). It doesn't take too many hits; just make sure you're hitting the right Wily to speed the battle along. Once you've destroyed him here, you've finished the game.

...........END SPOILERS.............

Overall, this was a really good game. Some of the tracks (Nitro Man, Solar Man, Wily Stages 1 & 2, and Sheep Man in particular) are really good. The stages are well-done, and though it can be frustrating, the game is ridiculously fun for old-school gamers. It's a real treat!

Edit: Disappointing music (too much minor key for mega man). Surprisingly good story and later stages. The new metal blade is neat.

I'm not sure this is specifically the blame but you're right about it being disappointing, most of it doesn't seem to have that special groove or something. :(

I never got to finish MM9 because school ate my soul then I forgot I had it, but I might try to grab 10 in a year or two if it's as fun as 9 was. (and of course finish 9 lol)

No one's mentioned anything yet, but I really like the new Challenge mode that Capcom added to MM10, having you play through short stages and clear bosses without getting hit.

I've got the 8 bosses taken down, stopped after the first Wily stage. It took me a good while to figure out the order, but here's a tip: when you first reach a Robot Master or Wily boss, a challenge for them is added to the list. When you play that challenge, you have all weapons, allowing you to figure out patterns and best weapons at your leisure.

The hype and excitement for MM10 just wasn't there like it was for MM9, but don't take that to mean it's a worse game. MM10 follows the 8-bit formula to a T, and if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

boo the PSN release is ten days from now

y dey do dat

Nintendo made the deal first..?

6dc0ee39cdef623f0a71c41.jpg

What disappoints me is that they've yet to re-release MM4 on the VC. :banghead:

I avoided the GC version of that collection for a reason but unfortunately missed out the PS2 edition. Then again load times on the classics never sat well with me to begin with. It's fine on newer games but on the classics? Seriously?

As I recall the GC version had the buttons for the shot and jump button reversed; to make matters worse there had been no option to change the controls.

As for the PS2 version the only issue had been the load times and occasionally music looping abnormally; or so at least what I experienced at a friends with his copy.

ugh I dont see why people dont like the music. Personally its my 2nd or 3rd favorite megaman score now. all the songs, are catchy, iconic, and represent the stage very well I don't understand D:

Also hard more is fucking awesome. The bosses are actually different and they use different moves.

Anyways, (spoilers I guess?)

I wish that at the willy stages those mini bosses would have chosen random bosses from ALL of the old megaman games. That would have been SWEET ASS!