OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I wonder if they threw Crit-a-Cola into the normal drop system because next to no one is able to find it now. :P I have a Vintage one someone tossed me in a trade, but I wouldn't have it otherwise. Hell, I don't think I've even seen anyone else using it.

And at least the new items aren't for games I care about (or even know about). I'm still bummed that the Sam & Max stuff happened before I started playing the game, and if I had had Left 4 Dead a few months ago, I totally would have bought the sequel then for Bill's Hat.

I wonder if they threw Crit-a-Cola into the normal drop system because next to no one is able to find it now. :P I have a Vintage one someone tossed me in a trade, but I wouldn't have it otherwise. Hell, I don't think I've even seen anyone else using it.

Yes, the drop rate on Crit-a-Cola has been bugged for a very long time. I even put it in with my new items when I found them in crates, because they had a higher trade value due to rarity.

Crit-a-Cola is also used in at least one crafting recipe... can't remember what for, though.

Side note: Server updater is only showing 50% complete. Apparently Valve changed something so that every prop model in the game needs to be redownloaded. And on the server, these are individual, uncompressed files.

heh I always suspected Crit-A-Cola wasn't in the drop list. I did bother to craft one with a spare Kritz and Bonk way back just because I was curious to try it but I never really use it (does anyone...). I guess it's fair to say that a Vintage Crit-A-Cola will be worth more than your average vintage weapon since there must be a lot fewer of them out there compared to all the other pre-vintage update items which could randomly drop. Of course it's not very useful, but that won't stop the crazy collectors!

I went to that one noob server Chili goes to sometimes and discovered a pair of unfortunate facts.

• Your own team tends to be just as useless as the enemy.
  • Unlike the OCR crowd, they do not have the self control necessary to refrain from going ragepyro.

I did get 13 backstabs in one life and 50something points defending Upward, plus some rather fun Ambassador shenanigans on Turbine, but that was pretty much the highlight of my experience.

Oh hey, have we taken down the Highlander server yet? If not, I move to turn it into some sort of event server / special mods server. For example, I've been itching to try this one out. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1397829 It's the TF2 WarioWare mod and looks like a hoot and a half!

Edit: Either that or the "Advanced Weaponizer" mod. That looks cool, too. Or the Saxton Hale mod.

Oh hey, have we taken down the Highlander server yet?

I was told in the past to leave it up for atmuh's team, despite me never seeing them use it.

If not, I move to turn it into some sort of event server / special mods server. For example, I've been itching to try this one out. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1397829 It's the TF2 WarioWare mod and looks like a hoot and a half!

Edit: Either that or the "Advanced Weaponizer" mod. That looks cool, too. Or the Saxton Hale mod.

Unless you schedule some special event on it, it will likely remain empty.

Speaking of which, I keep an extra up-to-date copy of the server around for events.

Huh, two nights in a row with practically nobody on (only about an hour spike on each server earlier according to HLStats).

What's up, everyone playing MNC? Doesn't seem like it from my friends list. Or has the prospect of resetting stats driven people away?

Or, dare I say it, has Real Life gotten in the way? :dstrbd:

Huh, two nights in a row with practically nobody on (only about an hour spike on each server earlier according to HLStats).

What's up, everyone playing MNC? Doesn't seem like it from my friends list. Or has the prospect of resetting stats driven people away?

Or, dare I say it, has Real Life gotten in the way? :dstrbd:

Real Life will no doubt play a part in my gaming patterns later on, but for now I have surprisingly little homework. (Final semester in college, you KNOW it's going to be rough.)

I'm actually looking forward to the stats reset, if only so Frogg can stop topping the player list with twice the points of second place.

Real Life will no doubt play a part in my gaming patterns later on, but for now I have surprisingly little homework. (Final semester in college, you KNOW it's going to be rough.)

What's up with that, my final semester of college was an absolute bitch where as my final semester of university is shaping up to be a cake walk. It's like they have actual expectations of you in college.

I'm actually looking forward to the stats reset, if only so Frogg can stop topping the player list with twice the points of second place.

You expect someone else will top the charts after the reset?

What's up with that, my final semester of college was an absolute bitch where as my final semester of university is shaping up to be a cake walk. It's like they have actual expectations of you in college.

I suspect there's some regional language differences, so I'll clarify that college and university are interchangeable terms to me. I'm 21, if that helps pin it down. Alternately, you use university to refer to a graduate degree program?

You expect someone else will top the charts after the reset?
Not in the long term, but in the short term probably. At least until the rankings stabilize again.
FYI: The entire game server has been rebooted. Hopefully this kills the lag we've been seeing.

*applause*

I suspect there's some regional language differences, so I'll clarify that college and university are interchangeable terms to me. I'm 21, if that helps pin it down. Alternately, you use university to refer to a graduate degree program?

Colleges around these parts, Canada, result in primarily diplomas where as University result in degrees (bachelors, masters and doctorates).

I was kinda hoping to break the top 50 before the state reset, but whatever.