OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I have to have the Demoknight stuff -- love melee combat!

I'm hoping that we see some new toys for Medic and/or Pyro yet (maybe the beta stuff?)

Personally I'm not too excited for the Detonator. It seems like the same vein of Direct Hit and Loch n Load; the fun of flare gun for me was the challenge and uniqueness of the weapon, but having one that accomplishes the same task with much less effort seems a bit dumb. This is assuming it can crit on burning enemies, not sure if it can.

Also Krug, that was the best possible response I could expect for the demo set from you.

Personally I'm not too excited for the Detonator. It seems like the same vein of Direct Hit and Loch n Load; the fun of flare gun for me was the challenge and uniqueness of the weapon, but having one that accomplishes the same task with much less effort seems a bit dumb. This is assuming it can crit on burning enemies, not sure if it can.

It does crit enemies that are on fire in Beta.

However, one important thing to remember (as I recall): It does *not* detonate when it hits someone. You must right-click to explode it (and now it explodes when it hits a wall).

Somehow, i knew this to be true. Will you stick with the axe, or go with the sword?

That sword would be sick for survivability similar to the zatoichi plus being able to charge at or away more often, but I think I'll stick with the axe purely for the insane melee damage. However...dat shield...dem booties. Full movement control while charging?! Good luck strafing out of my charge path now motherfuckers!

Also Krug, that was the best possible response I could expect for the demo set from you.

I'd argue that the Direct Hit rewards skillshots by having a lower splash damage radius. I'm with you on the Loch n Load though, as every good demo I know fires mostly direct shots anyway (as opposed to Soldiers, who often fire for feet/area damage to set up a better 2nd rocket).

The only thing unquestionably better about the Direct Hit is that it makes the Soldier much better at clearing buldings; specifically, mini-sentries take only one DH rocket, while they require two normal ones.

Edit: Any thoughts on what a 3rd uber for the Medic might do? My only thought is the ability to heal multiple targets at once for a brief period of time, which would not be as useful as the other two...

Edit: Any thoughts on what a 3rd uber for the Medic might do? My only thought is the ability to heal multiple targets at once for a brief period of time, which would not be as useful as the other two...

The Quick Fix, the one that's been in Beta for like a year, charges 40% faster, but heals both the medic and his target at like 300% speeds when you use its uber.

It also speeds the Medic up if the person he's healing moves faster than him (so you can heal a Scout to get to the battlefield sooner).

I've been away for the last few days, so I know I'm late to the party here, but OH MY GOD DAT SPY KNIFE.

L'Etranger + The Big Earner + Dead Ringer = Godmode?

(I wonder what the flower does.)

Given how tend to be a Ninja Heavy on the rare occasion I actually play the class, I foresee much hilarity with Tomislav in the future.

The Enforcer seems uninspired statwise, and is yet another weapon that has its downside negated by the Dead Ringer. Unless it applies it by increasing the amount of time it takes to arm it, which would be hilarious yet still valid.

The Bazaar Bargain has to have some sort of stealth downside otherwise the stats as listed are a direct upgrade over the vanilla Rifle.

I must confess that I don't like how the Demoman is getting so many items to encourage the Demoknight playstyle. On the bright side, less Sticky/Grenade spam.

My $0.02.

(EDIT: Ninja'd by the Scout page. Click the crushed Bonk! can among the new Demoman shields. Or Lyrai's link, whatever.)

TRIPLE JUMP WHAT. That is all.

Not sure if it's mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but Valve has cleared the air with the Bazaar Bargain:

You start at -20%, and it has a cap of +30%. So you need two consecutive headshots to have a charge rate equal to the vanilla rifle.

Not sure if it's mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but Valve has cleared the air with the Bazaar Bargain:

You start at -20%, and it has a cap of +30%. So you need two consecutive headshots to have a charge rate equal to the vanilla rifle.

So its not useful at all...Man they think this stuff through don't they.

Also @ scout update: items sound interesting, don't really care too much for the style. Spy and Heavy got mobster, sniper and demo got saharan, scout gets....toy-inspired set? I saw these models awhile back, they were a rejected polycount pack. Not really sure about the aesthetics, but the mechanics sound interesting.

I really don't want to give up my fish for a cheesy bat though.

EDIT: Looking at TF2wiki and doing a bit of math that pistol doesn't really sound very useful. Its a -very- slight increase in damage for the amount of ammo you lose.

P.S. The Engineer had better get a set this time around. Of the 9 classes, 8 of them as of this moment have sets in game, and the 5 new sets that have been announced for this next update are all for classes other than the one that has yet to have a set.

Also, I checked the Day 2 page for hidden links when they first posted it... the Scout page wasn't there then.

P.S. The Engineer had better get a set this time around. Of the 9 classes, 8 of them as of this moment have sets in game, and the 5 new sets that have been announced for this next update are all for classes other than the one that has yet to have a set.

Also, I checked the Day 2 page for hidden links when they first posted it... the Scout page wasn't there then.

Yeah it was sprung on everyone several hours after everyone combed it.

Uber Update Day 3: World War Wednesday has gone up.

Two new Soldier sets. No hidden links yet.

Stats will be posted soon.

The General's Formals

Name: The Mantreads

Slot: Secondary

Type: Boots

-75% reduction in push force taken from damage

Deals 3x falling damage to the player you land on

Name: The Disciplinary Action

Slot: Melee

Type: Riding Crop

On hit ally: boosts both players' speed for several seconds

-25% damage

Airborne Armaments

Name: The Liberty Launcher

Slot: Primary

Type: Rocket Launcher

+40% projectile speed

-25% clip size

Name: The Reserve Shooter

Slot: Secondary

Type: Shotgun

+15% faster weapon switch speed

Mini-crits airborne targets for 3 seconds after switch

-50% clip size

Name: The Market Gardener

Slot: Melee

Type: Shovel

Deals crits while the wielder is rocket jumping

No random critical hits

I'm enjoying the weapons so far, but did they really need to give 2 new sets to a class that has way too many weapons as it is? I haven't kept track of which has more, but the soldier and demo get way too much love from Valve.

Yes, and Engineer and Medic have the least.

I'm assuming Medic will get something this time around, but we'll see if they screw the Engineer again or not.

They've mentioned more than once that Engineer is the hardest to add new items for. In a sense, he has everything he needs, and everything he brings to the table is essential in one form or another.

See: The repair node thing. It made engy nests extremely hard to break. Also removing teleporters crippled teams and made the balance go haywire.

Most I can see them doing for the guy now is minor alterations, not huge shifts. Like, say, a Sentry that can track faster, locks on and fires faster, and continues to fire when it's being upgraded or redeployed in return for no rockets/more metal.

To be fair, the Engineer and Medic are limited in terms of attack-type weapons by the inherent nature of their classes...if the Medic is at the front lines, he should ideally be healing someone else, and unless the Engy is going all battle-mode with the Gunslinger, he's generally preoccupied with building stuff. The new Medigun should provide an interesting new dynamic, and I do hope that the Engy gets at least some love, maybe in the form of a weapon that enables a brand-new building variant.

I may disable the melee only plugin... while I don't think it'll make a difference, even when melee only is disabled, it'll still running a hook every game frame. Which, as I understand it is many times per second (66 if this is the same as the server's tickrate, 450ish if this is the same as the server's fps)