Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

I love how I click this topic's bookmark about 30 times a day when I not only know what's going on, but oftentimes remind Emunator that he forgot to update the project thread. Goes to show how excited I am in general that this album's almost coming into complete fruition, hahaha, and I could only imagine how excited everyone else is.

But trust me when I say that everyone project-related has been doing an absolute hell of a job working on this album in general. As an avid fan of both the SNES/GBA soundtracks I can tell anyone straight up, 100% honest that this album truly is the ultimate tribute to DKC3. An enormous thank you to Emunator, Flexstyle and everyone else for shaping this album into what it's become; it's an absolute honor and a privilege to be on the project and seeing it blossom before my eyes has been a real wildride and an experience I'll never, ever forget.

I've been wanting to post something like this for months so I figured now would be a good time since the album is so close to completion :D

Alright, I am ecstatic to report that, as of this moment, we're walking away from our 3-day mastering... fest with 60 final WAVs that are all properly adapted for gapless playback. This is a pretty monumental accomplishment, and we can expect the last 10 songs that we don't quite have mixed down in the next week (with perhaps only one or two exceptions.)

Needless to say, the project is VERY close to completion. I'm gonna encode/tag everything tonight and tomorrow and start prepping the final release package for submission to OCR. In the meantime, we'll also be pumping out a final video preview for your listening/viewing pleasure in the next week. You'll also finally see a preview of what we're doing with the artwork, which I can confidently say is the most unique artwork package of any project yet.

That's the status so far, everybody's contributions are sounding unbelievably good and me and Flex are both very proud of how it's turning out. Hopefully you'll agree when this drops!

I think Brandon Strader was referring to the monkeys posted by Legendary Frog. I don't like that style either.

The art is good, but I am very traditional when it comes to DK style :)

Original > King of Swing

Oh don't worry. Those aren't going on the album. They're just 2 models I did for a flash short a few years ago.

Yay! :D

Please, don't misunderstand me though.

You're a very talented artist (I especially like your Nintendo and Blizzard related work), but I personally prefer the original art style of DKC.

It saddened me that they didn't stay closer to it in the newest game : /

Knowing that it's flash I therefore understand your art choice. Complex characters are harder to animate :)

At least you stayed relatively true to their body shape and characteristics. It's when I see stuff like this I get sad:

Dixie_Kong_by_Duckboy.jpg

Nothing's left of the attitude of Dixie, she looks general and boring. I may be a bit too traditional when it comes to the DKC series, because it's my favourite Nintendo series of all time :)

Alright, I am ecstatic to report that, as of this moment, we're walking away from our 3-day mastering... fest with 60 final WAVs that are all properly adapted for gapless playback. This is a pretty monumental accomplishment, and we can expect the last 10 songs that we don't quite have mixed down in the next week (with perhaps only one or two exceptions.)

Needless to say, the project is VERY close to completion. I'm gonna encode/tag everything tonight and tomorrow and start prepping the final release package for submission to OCR. In the meantime, we'll also be pumping out a final video preview for your listening/viewing pleasure in the next week. You'll also finally see a preview of what we're doing with the artwork, which I can confidently say is the most unique artwork package of any project yet.

That's the status so far, everybody's contributions are sounding unbelievably good and me and Flex are both very proud of how it's turning out. Hopefully you'll agree when this drops!

60 tracks? You could release it now and still beat the record for longest OCR album by length and quantity.

70 tracks... This album's gonna be around 5 hours

Yah I told emu he had 2 albums worth between the SNES and GBA versions. It would have been cool to see OCR release two albums, maybe a month apart. But Emu says it's not intended to all be listened to at once, each disc should work as its own unique listening experience or some hippie crap like that.

Man, I was almost about to say how crazy it is that I actually agree on something you posted, and then I read the last 4 words. Tsk tsk :-(

Nintendo is good enough proof that if you've got a gimmick, you can skimp on quality and unleash a buttload of shovelware... na.. noo... Emunator's not gonna do that.. none of the songs are shovelware... :-D What's the gimmick? Dave Wise? ahh... OMG.. Emunator is totally emulating Nintendo's business model with this album XD

Nintendo is good enough proof that if you've got a gimmick, you can skimp on quality and unleash a buttload of shovelware... na.. noo... Emunator's not gonna do that.. none of the songs are shovelware... :-D What's the gimmick? Dave Wise? ahh... OMG.. Emunator is totally emulating Nintendo's business model with this album XD

Nintendo was only wrong to publish most of that shovelware. They only developed the White Four (Wii _____ titles). IIRC, most of the shovelware was developed by Data Design Interactive. *Beep* That 3rd-party support was awful, but they released 3 good Mario games, 1 good Donkey Kong title, 1 good Zelda, 1 good Metroid, 1 good Smash Bros, the first 2 No More Heroes titles, and Monster Hunter Tri, but the Mario Kart title was really love-or-hate.

On topic: I'm getting more excited by the hour!

...sign Interactive. *Beep* That 3rd-par...
I'm getting more excited by the hour!
Don't worry guys, GTAHater is really a clock.

He's more excited by hours than projects.

Either stay on topic, or go take your time fetish elsewhere.

He's completely cuckoo.

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

EDIT- ETAHater8:36?????

Proto: When this project is released, and I'm asked to do a retrospective on my favorite moments from throughout the entire creation process, I'd have to say that your post is the greatest moment of my OCR project directing career. I feel honored to have this moment of brilliance associated with Double the Trouble, and it makes me feel like all of my efforts have not been in vain.

ggs.

Ninja Edit 3 days later: FINISH YOUR DAMN TRACK ARRGHHHGHGAARARWAERRZGHLGH

If anyone is interested (and to breathe life into this post again), here is "Permafrost" in embryonic form (I.E. the not-quite-finished original I lost the FLP file for [called Beyond the Horizon], and Emunator suggested I re-make into what is now Permafrost with Flexstyle on board).

http://www.box.net/shared/zup2fk6znq

LOOK MA, NO BASS!